Author Topic: Russian stackers killed the game  (Read 13681 times)

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
Russian stackers killed the game
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »
Every game you see the russians pile up on the same team, meanwhile first timers get wrecked so hard that they uninstall after their very first game.

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
Re: Russian stackers killed the game
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
More LongToms / more Shivas ^ ) - they know ^ )

Offline Alpha_Zulu_Tango

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-6
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:43 PM »
Aye it's the A-team. They had their thing running more actively couple months ago or I just have been luckily playing different times.

They refer talking about it (stacking->stomping) as crying. The beginners naturally have no access nor knowledge how to use LT's nor shivas. The servers need admins who play actively and balance the teams not by only numbers but by skill. (If it is possible to swap players by admin betweens teams etc..)

Nobody wants to be the subject of some killwankfest utilized by the same gang of TS scum let alone those who try the game with their infant shoes. Once they are crushed, these kids these days never come back and downgrade to their MWO/COD/wthe and MWLL gets another nail on its coffin. Damn shame.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:39:46 PM by Alpha_Zulu_Tango »
Aka =Z= AZT

Contact person of Zeta Battalion. Kaikki suomalaiset tervetuloa!

Offline LimaZulu

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
let alone those who try the game with their infant shoes.
Sadly, there are not so many active players nowadays, and newby, coming to the training server, usually founds it empty.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 07:35:44 PM »
Every game you see the russians pile up on the same team, meanwhile first timers get wrecked so hard that they uninstall after their very first game.

Yep, happens a lot unfortunately. If you see a severe stack like that again, may be go to http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=cjw and ask haarp if he can "do something about it". Especially if happens several games in a row.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 08:10:40 PM »
If a beginner can't get past the "unfair teams" mind as to even rage quitting, his interest would just fall off somewhere else at the start of the learning curve of this game. Or not. I don't wanna defend my point much though. :P

I even see it as part of the experience. When I'm in one of those games I just need to stick to something fast or sneaky. Throw in the backcapping as well.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:29 PM »
What's your problem, dude? This game focuses on team play...so IMO they aren't doing anything wrong.
You see a mega team stack? Then open TeamSpeak and connect to a server with your team mates.
It's called "team work" ;)

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »
What's your problem, dude? This game focuses on team play...so IMO they aren't doing anything wrong.
You see a mega team stack? Then open TeamSpeak and connect to a server with your team mates.

Ahhh, them cute, cuddly Russians ... one of the reasone of the success of PL ...

Do they still call all their pilots beginners ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »
... one of the reasone of the success of PL ...

lol, this shit never changes.

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline Fatal1st

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-4
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »
Oh no, again, is this started again because of post on front page?

Are we must spread on different teams because our enemies don't want organise even if we offer this to them? In the game based on teamplay and main advantage of which - the interaction of different types of mechs, armor, ASF and infantry, what impossible without coordination and organisation.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:04:51 PM by Fatal1st »

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 11:08:02 PM »

There's a difference both morally and ethically to what can be construed as wrong outside of pure game mechanics.

When your community is as small as ours is, you'd think people would sacrifice the broteam curbstomp in the name of community camaraderie. You'll have to split your teams eventually when you're the only ones playing. Might be pretty boring to only fight base turrets. 

Don't use teamwork as an excuse to beat down new players because you don't want to fight your friends.
People should be helping expand the community, not shrink it.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Fatal1st

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-4
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL03eqa5RdU - good example, when we are tryed balance the game. Are clanners all Russians?
And start of next match - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcMBEaNrRt4

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:49:44 PM »
Oh no, again, is this started again because of post on front page?

No, this has started again because of the frequent consecutive stackings and stomps by certain Russian players.

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:53:12 PM »
Also, before anyone says I'm taking sides or something I'm not picking anyone out in particular (despite the thread context), I'm making a general argument against game mechanics versus community cohesion. Everyone in this community is important to me and I don't want to see it get any smaller. Even though we built this game around teamwork, teamwork isn't more important than community.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 01:05:05 AM »
My only problem with "certain players" is that last time this surfaced they tried to get away with the quite shitty argument that they can't speak english. I mean, things like "go d5", "hold b3", "need help here" are not taken from a fapping Shakespeare sonnet, goddamit.

And I understand that they want to play with friends and stuff, but it puzzles me what's the problem with that "special somebody" being in the other team. Whenever I play something together with my friends, the greatest laughs are always had when we curbstomp each other.

This is a small community, we all know who are the players who can turn battles around and balance teams by switching. Repeatedly participating in one-side stomps makes you kinda look like a dick.

Disclaimer: I know that A-Lone and co. have done their share to make this game more popular and love it as much as the next guy. Just thought might add this before you take this too personal.