Author Topic: Russian stackers killed the game  (Read 13367 times)

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Re: Russian stackers killed the game
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »
Don't use teamwork as an excuse to beat down new players because you don't want to fight your friends.
People should be helping expand the community, not shrink it.

Well, I play with them, but I really don't care about stomping. I have no interest in stomping or winning with a gap of 500 tickets. Expecially against new players.
I just play with them because I have fun and because I really enjoy more this game, playing in TS.
My advice to other players is to do the same...

And another important thing.
We are "human" players, so we aren't an "A-Team" of super-mega-ultra pros, so we don't always win. Sometimes even us get stomped...
But, if that happens, we just laugh at that...

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 02:57:28 AM »
Sadly, there are not so many active players nowadays, and newby, coming to the training server, usually founds it empty.
I can host the server, but I can't stay connected all the day only to wait for a new player to come... :-\

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 03:58:27 AM »
War never changes.  So what are they spamming these days?  I don't think anything could possibly be worse than the teams full of UAC20 Lokis I've seen the 3nd world country faggots spamming.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »
 do two things when I'm a team curb stomping the other guys.

IF I Can switch I switch to the losing side and try to help.

If I can't switch, then I buy the biggest mech I can afford and go play targets for the lights. Say a Warhammer C and I'll only use the small lasers etc.

I just hate being on the side of the stompers.  Drives me nuts

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +155/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:24 AM »
I have no interest in stomping or winning with a gap of 500 tickets. Expecially against new players.

But still you do it.

War never changes.  So what are they spamming these days?  I don't think anything could possibly be worse than the teams full of UAC20 Lokis I've seen the 3nd world country faggots spamming.

Even when they lose, they know how to make the game unfun for the other team (e.g. by pointlessly rushing with Flamer Harassers in TSA, while the other team can only retreat to their main base and watch them die there).

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53:47 AM »
im getting the butter for my popcorn in this metathreading.

i havent played in a long time, but i know what everyone is talking about in this thread and have talked about probably this same topic myself here before. alas, not much anyone can do asides from admins and player attitude adjustments.

in other news i think i might step down from CSF Khan, i just havent thought about the game or the clan in so long (like 6 months now...  :(), i think anyone out of town in Sea Fox thinks we are dead allready  :(
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 10:12:37 AM »
I always join at the side with fewer tickets if I can and often switch if I die and are on the superior team. But some things are very hard to counter (got Elfs Shiva Sunday with a Huit with the help of two other Huits, but fielding tree Huits to defeat one Shiva is a loosing game...we get stomped form their mechs).
But none the less, more than half of the games I played last week were close, even 0 to 0 tickets.

Offline IceVamp

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »
But, don't underestimate being KOTH, and holding the moral high ground. Being alpha from puberty helps too.
-I would if I could, but I can't so I won't.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
... (got Elfs Shiva Sunday with a Huit with the help of two other Huits, but fielding tree Huits to defeat one Shiva is a loosing game...we get stomped form their mechs) ...

I've been sticking to the Epona C for that (1 ATM6, time those to shake the view of someone about to fire, 4 CERMBL, and a pitch upper limit of 70º). Its fast, so you can avoid being hit by a Shiva, or force it to maneuver close to the ground to hit you, and it has a decent range (enough to counter the HGauss one) and ability to pursuit. It'll do less damage than a Huit, but at least you're not stuck to the ground and can do some capping and still fight Light/Medium mechs.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, 01:55:07 PM »
Yea, torso pitch +free reticule is a bitch. It feels like arm wrestling you reticule to shoot higher making it next to impossible hitting aeros. Alas, that never completed function...

Aircraft and vtols have always felt like a cheat due to their ability to hard-counter anything non-aa and by definition, there should not be such a thing in any game. I always felt that mechs using croutch function should be able to aim 75. There is a lot of alternatives we could have used (in regard to clipping issues when crouched).

As far as stacking goes... One of a few times I actually played with Str1k3r on the same team.
pew-pew

Offline McGondy

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Just chiming in with the fact that at one point during OP:PD we had about 8 people in the TS. Realizing this we split 4/4 and guess what? The ruskies lost that one! Just one game, but it happens! Most games had a ticket difference of 50 max, and we did lose games too (ruskies and everyone else).

There was a stomp on ThunderRift but that's because we organised attack maneuvers, capped the forward factory and the opposing team filed in one at a time to the assaults waiting for them. Are we supposed to tell them to attack the other bases in allchat?

I don't want to see empty servers, no-one does. We need better TS/Vent publicity, not to nerf the community.

Hell, I'm pretty terribad, and I sometimes perform slightly better when on TS. The most important thing is I have a ton more fun! We used the banking system constantly. If I can do it, anyone can.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:15:20 PM by McGondy »
In a boat on a river with tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline :(

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-14
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 01:40:12 AM »
If a beginner can't get past the "unfair teams" mind as to even rage quitting, his interest would just fall off somewhere else at the start of the learning curve of this game. Or not. I don't wanna defend my point much though. :P

It's a problem of any kind of team activity.  Teamwork wins.  Because this community is so tiny, we only ever had 1-4 servers to jump around to.  Some of us try to be good sports by joining the losing team and others like to play with friends (and others join the winning team to give a handicap).  I really doubt there are any new players at this point and they're not going to magically start appearing because a handful of Russians are playing together...
The Left Radar boob is your best friend

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 03:19:11 AM »
If a beginner can't get past the "unfair teams" mind as to even rage quitting, his interest would just fall off somewhere else at the start of the learning curve of this game. Or not. I don't wanna defend my point much though. :P

It's a problem of any kind of team activity.  Teamwork wins.  Because this community is so tiny, we only ever had 1-4 servers to jump around to.  Some of us try to be good sports by joining the losing team and others like to play with friends (and others join the winning team to give a handicap).  I really doubt there are any new players at this point and they're not going to magically start appearing because a handful of Russians are playing together...

Actually, considering I spammed 20k people (everyone who ever registered to the forums) with a link to the GOuTY 0.7.1 MWLL Download a couple weeks ago there has been an influx of new players here and there and I'd rather not have any brand new people get immediately shit on when they join a server and try to learn the game.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:27 AM »

Even when they lose, they know how to make the game unfun for the other team (e.g. by pointlessly rushing with Flamer Harassers in TSA, while the other team can only retreat to their main base and watch them die there).

Eh, most of the times I beat teamstacking russians back in the day it was loads of fun drinking their tears.  I can remember one round on that MW2 inspired map (the red one with all the pointy mountains, can't remember the name), I joined late onto the losing side of one of their stomps and we eventually turned the fight around.  Once we'd taken the lead, we began legging anything we could target and after that it didn't take long for the RDL to begin ragequitting.

I might still have the final scoreboard screenshot saved on my laptop, let me have a look.

Prodigal son my ass.