Author Topic: Russian stackers killed the game  (Read 13983 times)

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Re: Russian stackers killed the game
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2013, 03:29:03 AM »
And what about Elf? He doesn't even use mechs, because he always trolls with Shivas/Donars/LT.
I saw him on a mech only 2 or 3 times...
Once i brought 2 friends of mine here, but they gave up after 5 minutes because he was keeping kill them with his Shiva.
But no, the main problem are still the Russians, right?
At least they use mechs...

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2013, 03:40:25 AM »
Anybody who sats that ASF or VTOLs are overpowered has never flown them.  That being said, I don't agree with using them on low population servers.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 04:24:15 AM »
Anybody who sats that ASF or VTOLs are overpowered has never flown them.  That being said, I don't agree with using them on low population servers.
No, they are not OP.
The problem is that you need money to take decent AA (RAC/LBX Partisan, Huit Prime/Force of Nature/Anacond)
Oh, and you need decent aim too, to use it :P

EDIT: and, last but not least important, AA units need cover from ground units...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:34:20 AM by Starch1ld »

Offline khazzor

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 07:03:53 AM »
I started a couple of months ago, and I'm a US player too.  One of the first things I did was track down the ngng TS server because of the posts in this forum beg you to do so ... but everyone there is playing MWO.  I somehow found ZackG and Starchild one day on ngng, and have played with one or the other on TS a time or two.  During Phoenix Down I managed to find the event TS thanks to Zack telling me about it in game, otherwise I wouldn't have found it. 

Now I'm still on the learning curve and am pretty bad at terrain control games, but I can brawl ok and usually finish middle of the pack.  So this afternoon, Zack tells me to hop on TS and the three of us (+Starchild) worked together a bit.  All three of us did things for each other that we wouldn't do solo most likely - narcs and huits, tags and lrm cougars, donars and master & commander.  It was fun doing things I never do normally (first time in a huit), and sometimes it worked better than others.

So that Russian stack today was two americans and a euro ... I thought Starchild was Italian???  And man was Jope getting pissed at Starchild for taking VTOL, but that marshes game was won by just 1 ticket.  It's hard to imagine that being all that objectionable really.

I've been on the other end of stacks, so I know it sucks.  I always start my first game by picking the team with lower tickets and/or fewer recognizable players.  I've spammed "teams" in game.  I've ragequit.  But if I can get a rare 10v10+ terrain control with a couple of teammates in TS, I'm going to do that every time.  And I think everyone else should too.  So log in to TS when you log in to the game.

And besides, I hate VicViper way more than I hate Elf.  Leave my mech alone you ASF bastages!!!

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »
Haven't read the whole thread, but that's because it is old news to me.

I personally made it a point the Ranger's should keep their 'stacking' to a minimum, especially at the time when the Cloud Cobras decided that stacking was their thing on servers at the time.  Some of those guys understood the retardedness of stacking and actually tried not to be dicks.  T

The main problem is that most of these stacking players can't have fun with any sort of disadvantage.  They cling to their 'teams' because they can't grasp working solo or with other players they are not totally familiar with.  It's a crutch plain and simple, nothing you can tell me will convince me that it is fair, or there is some magic counter to whole teams using TS to coordinate.  It is night and day compared to the people just struggle to keep anything alive against a coordinated force of vets.

Me personally, I had fun with this game no matter if we were winning or losing. 

The worst part about Russians doing it, is they will never change(RDL specifically), and all they ever do is camp or kite.  For some reason they think that distance to
target = skill.  ::) ::)  Not one of them can brawl for shit. :P

My advice to those seeing this garbage every time they join a server, go elsewhere or play something else like Solaris Arena.  Don't give them the satisfaction.  This has been going on since this game launched, and it was worse in the heyday of MWLL, when half the time you didn't even know who was working with who.  Not everyone joined a unit and wore tags, but I knew some 'pubbers' always joined certain other 'pubbers'.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:31:26 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2013, 08:22:14 AM »

EDIT: and, last but not least important, AA units need cover from ground units...

Wrong!!  RAC Parti eats all the things!!!

And besides, I hate VicViper way more than I hate Elf.  Leave my mech alone you ASF bastages!!!

You sir are right, VicViper is the definition of permanoob if there ever was one.  He never uses anything that takes half a brain to pilot, and he has been playing forever.  I probably hate him more than anyone, I make it a point to never join his team, ever.  Gawd, I forgot how much I hate him that I might just start playing again soon.

If by Elf, you guys are meaning Elfisko.  Well you guys should just learn from him, he is most likely not doing anything too fancy with his flying, and if you can't counter or avoid his aerial attacks, gods help you if Outlaw starts playing again.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:31:12 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
I occasionally get cries for help due to russian stackers on Funbocks. But there isn't much I can do.

If I tell them to behave, there's a 15% chance that they care. If I were to ban them, I'd almost halve the playerbase again. And the second I turn my back, they resume driving everyone off the servers and off the game.

We can't afford to be assholes anymore, not without losing vital players. But some teams just can't live with being apart. Abandonment issues? I always find it pathetic how certain players forgo all pleasantness and show how they are completely incapable of getting along with anyone not from their respective team and country.

And then they think that "teamwork, lol" is the killer argument that single-handedly justifies their behavior. It's like MWLL's "but think of the children!111"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 08:54:37 AM by HAARP »
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »
Eh, most of the times I beat teamstacking russians back in the day it was loads of fun drinking their tears.

I think you are deluding yourself if you think that your actions against these people (or trolls like Horton etc.) cause any kind of "tears" on their part ;).

I occasionally get cries for help due to russian stackers on Funbocks. But there isn't much I can do.

If I tell them to behave, there's a 15% that they care. If I were to ban them, I'd almost halve the playerbase again. And the second I turn my back, they resume driving everyone off the servers and off the game.

We can't afford to be assholes anymore, without losing vital players. But some teams just can't live with being apart. Abandonment issues? I always find it pathetic how certain players forgo all pleasantness and show how they are completely incapable of seeing beyond their own noses, and the nose of their respective country.

And then they think that "teamwork, lol" is the killer argument that single-handedly justifies their behavior. It's like MWLL's "but think of the children!111"

I'd just kick some of them (any stacking vet) or temp-ban them. Too bad there is no force-switching or scramble in CW.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
So that Russian stack today was two americans and a euro ... I thought Starchild was Italian???  And man was Jope getting pissed at Starchild for taking VTOL, but that marshes game was won by just 1 ticket.  It's hard to imagine that being all that objectionable really.

Yes, that game was fun.

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2013, 11:11:01 AM »

VTOLs are not the big problem if you have AA. They just annoying like hell. The heavy ASF are. You can hit them, sure, but your small AC rarely dent their armor. At the same time they alpa you with dual heavy gaus or similar.  Witch causes more than a dent...

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »
VTOLs are not the big problem if you have AA. They just annoying like hell. The heavy ASF are. You can hit them, sure, but your small AC rarely dent their armor. At the same time they alpa you with dual heavy gaus or similar.  Witch causes more than a dent...
+1 to that.  :(

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2013, 02:16:39 PM »

If I tell them to behave, there's a 15% chance that they care. If I were to ban them, I'd almost halve the playerbase again. And the second I turn my back, they resume driving everyone off the servers and off the game.

Yes, banning would not be the solution in such small community. It's the players that have to change, or accept the death of MWLL and move on.

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2013, 02:24:29 PM »
Haven't read the whole thread, but that's because it is old news to me.

I personally made it a point the Ranger's should keep their 'stacking' to a minimum, especially at the time when the Cloud Cobras decided that stacking was their thing on servers at the time.  Some of those guys understood the retardedness of stacking and actually tried not to be dicks.  T

The main problem is that most of these stacking players can't have fun with any sort of disadvantage.  They cling to their 'teams' because they can't grasp working solo or with other players they are not totally familiar with.  It's a crutch plain and simple, nothing you can tell me will convince me that it is fair, or there is some magic counter to whole teams using TS to coordinate.  It is night and day compared to the people just struggle to keep anything alive against a coordinated force of vets.

Me personally, I had fun with this game no matter if we were winning or losing. 

The worst part about Russians doing it, is they will never change(RDL specifically), and all they ever do is camp or kite.  For some reason they think that distance to
target = skill.  ::) ::)  Not one of them can brawl for shit. :P

My advice to those seeing this garbage every time they join a server, go elsewhere or play something else like Solaris Arena.  Don't give them the satisfaction.  This has been going on since this game launched, and it was worse in the heyday of MWLL, when half the time you didn't even know who was working with who.  Not everyone joined a unit and wore tags, but I knew some 'pubbers' always joined certain other 'pubbers'.
: )))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_iaM9ChEj4

camp\kite\death\life ///// ....  Don't give them the satisfaction - do not die ^ )

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 02:50:54 PM »
Now I'm still on the learning curve and am pretty bad at terrain control games, but I can brawl ok and usually finish middle of the pack.  So this afternoon, Zack tells me to hop on TS and the three of us (+Starchild) worked together a bit.  All three of us did things for each other that we wouldn't do solo most likely - narcs and huits, tags and lrm cougars, donars and master & commander.  It was fun doing things I never do normally (first time in a huit), and sometimes it worked better than others.
Yep, when you play in TS, you learn faster...  :)

Yes, I am Italian :P

If by Elf, you guys are meaning Elfisko.  Well you guys should just learn from him, he is most likely not doing anything too fancy with his flying, and if you can't counter or avoid his aerial attacks, gods help you if Outlaw starts playing again.

I'm not saying that he's not a good player...
But he takes always the most OP asset for every specific map...
On Altay, he's ALWAYS on Donar/Anacond.
On ThunderRift he uses ONLY LT.
And Donar/Shiva in other maps.

I know how to avoid and counter him, so that's not a problem for me, but this is a big problem for a new player instead...

Heavy ASFs are not big problems if you know how to use properly AA...
Huit Prime/Anacond are very good against them.
Tip: if you see a Shiva, aim at its engines...you will take down it faster  ;)

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »
I'd just kick some of them (any stacking vet) or temp-ban them. Too bad there is no force-switching or scramble in CW.
•variable: g_autoteambalance
•type: int
•help: Enables auto team balance.

•variable: g_autoteambalance_threshold
•help: Sets the auto team balance player threshold.

•variable: g_teamlock
•help: Number of players one team needs to have over the other, for the game to deny joining it. 0 disables.

There's just these, but I think only the last one works in MWLL.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).