Author Topic: I've shown up, with lots of shooter and vehicle sim experience, however  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
Re: I've shown up, with lots of shooter and vehicle sim experience, however
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 11:17:31 AM »
Hello! See you on the battlefield!

One of the major keys to MWLL is know in what situation are certain assets the strongest. 

Armor is fantastic if you need firepower for a semi static defense situation. You can keep rotating your base to present fresh armor easily and quickly without having to reposition. Don't get caught out in the open where mechs and aircraft can hit and run you.

The key to ASF (aerospace fighters) is knowing how to approach from high or low altitude under passive radar, striking hard, then fading away.

Light, medium, and certain heavy mech are generally about mobility. You're not there to stand toe to toe and slug it out. Most of the time you're there to grab attention and pull people out of formations/cover.

Assaults and heavies generally fall into two roles. Line Anchors that just lob fire power from long distance and Tip of the Spear that are meant to soak up damage while pushing your whole formation forward. People typically play assaults as Anchors since Spears take a lot of coordination and trust.

Battle Armors (BAs) or infantry is generally about swarming and the key to this is having an APC that can be used a mobile spawn point near forward positions.  They also double as a shop for BA weapons/equipment and ammo reload points for other assets. I'm sure you've figured it out but the life blood of BAs is erratic movement and use of cover. I will say there's nothing like sneaking up on a missile boat that's just lobbing lrm with tunnel vision, laying all of your C8 on him and then watching his ammo bins blow :3 *still one of my favorite memories of MWLL*  If memory serves me one C8 charge does as much damage as a gauss round.

True this...Battle armors are also good spotters for LRM and Arrows if equipped with a TAG laser...if you get a nice place to hide. But be careful, the TAG laser is only invisible in normal vision and becomes visible in night vision mode.

The Demolisher tank is very powerful for a asset with a price between 83.000 and 90.000.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
That wasn't me! That was Starchild you were killing!
Which one?  ;D

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »
Which one?  ;D

The real one! Like always!

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 12:37:13 AM »
Which one?  ;D

The real one! Like always!
I can't Fbomb myself  ;D
Oh, wait...