Author Topic: Release of Sannyasi's .cry files  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
Re: Release of Sannyasi's .cry files
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:44 PM »
Yeah, the original extremity had bad issues for sure that needed addressed. I just feel like the map would have been much better off with it not releasing on the first beta release of MWLL and instead improving and fixing that orignial design instead of doing what we did instead (strip the map out, re-do it in 3 days, get left with an ugly barren landscape that was confusing and not that fun to play on). I just felt that old extremity was more fun and less bothersome to play on than the extremity that made it into release, even if it wasn't in a releasable state at the time of the mod launch.

Then again, extremity was what... remade like 4 times? The way way orignial version concepted before I even hopped on was made for a game mode that no longer exists and before the mod had even an established sense of scale AFAIK. If we were to do it right, from the very beginning, it would have been better to just make a completely different map but still use the same concept and theme behind it (purple, astroid, crater). Kind of like how Scortched, a very pretty and cool map ended up being reincarnated as TC_DeathValley, by and large a completely different map with the same style and theme.

Ah well, hindsight is always 20/20 :P It still looks cool at least!

Yeah I'm not sure that completely remaking Extremity was a good idea, I liked the original pre-release design better.  It just needed to be made bigger and with perhaps some contrast.
And yes I think it was at least 4 times.  I think it also suffered from any real theme or direction beyond the initial asethetics.  Actually a lot of our maps had/have that problem since most of us are amateurs and don't really plan very far ahead.  Me included, I'm still working on my first map fully authored by me!  None the less Extremity is still a cool portfolio piece regardless, as long as HR doesn't play it!

And if someone mentions Cold Steel I'm going to hack them (actually the map I'm working on still is based off the old Cold Steel terrain, so that's what happened to it.  I'll post some update stuff soon I think.

Jeff, finish Cold Steel.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 12:46:46 AM »

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »
That cold steel map was promising, shame i never got to even playtest on it. Is there some kind of production resuming on MW:LL or something?

Even though we've officially stopped production on it can we maybe still do official releaseses with new levels? I'm still level designing and still improving my skills. It doesn't take long at all to make levels for mwll since I've done so many and I've played and tested enough that even though it'd be nice to playtest new maps it's not really even necessary. The levels I have in mind are quite different from the stuff I've done in the past. Would be nice if I could put together a 3-4 map pack using the same all base capable mechanics that i did in taiga, if i'm not mistaken people really liked the idea of that variation of tc

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 01:51:58 AM »
That cold steel map was promising, shame i never got to even playtest on it. Is there some kind of production resuming on MW:LL or something?

Even though we've officially stopped production on it can we maybe still do official releaseses with new levels? I'm still level designing and still improving my skills. It doesn't take long at all to make levels for mwll since I've done so many and I've played and tested enough that even though it'd be nice to playtest new maps it's not really even necessary. The levels I have in mind are quite different from the stuff I've done in the past. Would be nice if I could put together a 3-4 map pack using the same all base capable mechanics that i did in taiga, if i'm not mistaken people really liked the idea of that variation of tc

There is a Community Mapping Team, that may or may not be active.  People are still releasing maps, in any case.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 02:14:48 AM »
Not for me. At most I would help the community level designers learn the tools if they'd contact me. With CE:3 and my current projects it wouldn't be worth it unless it was included in an official MW:LL release- If I backtrack to CE:2 for community mapping it would hurt my portfolio in the long for many reasons

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
Can someone sticky/pin this? Or whatever u call making it so it's at the top of the forum thingy

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 02:31:30 AM »
Moved to the proper section and stickied.
My milk shakes!

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »
but...technically, it's not community created since Sanny was a Developer.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »
Leave it here!  That way I get a semi active thread I can mod.

Anyway, seeing as the project has ceased, isn't everything now community created content?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2013, 09:09:44 PM »

Technically there are no more Dev's so we're all just community.
My milk shakes!

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 03:47:36 AM »
When I try loading Kagoshima I get this:

and then some other errors after it. When I had unpacked cry_files folder on the desktop it would complain of some "invalid path" or something like that. After moving it to another disk it now gives me the above error. Any ideas? Thanks.

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »
When I try loading Kagoshima I get this:

and then some other errors after it. When I had unpacked cry_files folder on the desktop it would complain of some "invalid path" or something like that. After moving it to another disk it now gives me the above error. Any ideas? Thanks.

Click OK to continue, will not be simple particles on the map. But still you can work on it.

Yes, yes I know - necro))). sry .

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 12:24:51 AM »

Technically there are no more Dev's so we're all just community.

Technically, Mossad is a terrorist organisation.