Today i played something like 6 hours with Ivaan and other folks on ToS server with some custom settings.
- timelimit 15min;
- starting cash 200000 cbills.
It was pretty fun and felt like semi competitive mode similar to competitive drops game model.
- player must plan his purchases including repair and rearm (lost arm is painful for example);
- gamemode requires some coordination, especially when your team need to adjust tactic to beat opponent;
- fast fights with quick map rotation (2-3 clashs, next map);
- if all players pick assaults from the beginning game become pretty boring slugfest;
- tricky tactics can catch opponents off guard pretty easily (like mass ASF or something like that). Team needs scouts and some reserves to counter it, do not think this kind of coordination is possible on pubs.
I feel like mech class limitations can fix game mode, but its not possible for now. Do you guys have any idea how we can make this game mode fun with standard server tools? First suggestion i got was reduce starting cash from 200k to 100k and remove cash transfer limits (it is possible in league mode).
Some weird examples to think about:
- long range Daishi and Faf with some heavy supports wrecked heavy\med mechs during 20min nonstop push. Dashi died (got no cash for repair, gone YOLO mod). Final score was surprisingly close but do not think that game was fun for other side (the got only 2 kills dieing left and right under fire of those top tier assaults);
- med\heavy team get completely wrecked by 4 RAC5 Fafnirs on TC_Inferno. For second wave loosing team chooses dual UAC20 Mauler with support of 3 heavy tanks and completely annihilated all Fafnirs (it was sooo satisfying lol) and won a game.
- Heavy\Assault group get wrecked by HGauss shiva without any participation from other part of its team. That's it