Author Topic: RogueMek Beta 1 Released  (Read 4588 times)

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
Re: RogueMek Beta 1 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 05:06:59 PM »
Just uploaded the latest version, the map is now randomly generated each game!  Yet another big thanks to the MegaMek developers for their open source code!

Note: if you played the game before, your browser may have cached some files and the game board may appear broken. If this happens just force your browser to reload with Shift+F5.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 03:09:48 PM »
Just released a minor update (recently that is, I've also done some other updates since my last post in November), when I tried playing as the Annihilator which has only 1 AP per round, I found it was unable to enter or exit even level 1 depths of water.  I discovered some logic that was increasing the AP cost too much when moving around water so I've fixed it and updated live.  Enjoy!

http://minimek.sourceforge.net/RogueMek

Offline Jodix

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »
Having played a few round I have to say this is awesome. Nice game to take for a spin, random mech arena, instant action. Makes for great situations too (got a Victor, a Commando an an Enforcer move up to me, jumpet to the Com, instant legged through kick, next turn the Enforcer took the AC20 to the face. Feels good man.). Going 4vs4 with bots is also cool, but is there a way for me to target friendly mechs, so I can get their current status? All in all, awesome free game, great work!

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 11:38:13 PM »
Going 4vs4 with bots is also cool, but is there a way for me to target friendly mechs, so I can get their current status? All in all, awesome free game, great work!

Sorry I didn't put in the ability to target friendlies, not sure I will get to that either since I'm moving on to my next RogueMek project in which I intend to go pretty far beyond what you see in this game.  Consider this iteration of the game the prototype for something more :)  My ultimate goal (should I ever reach it) is to move to using the sprites from MegaMek instead of text characters, and move to a server based model so I can persist pilots and mechs.

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 11:26:15 PM »
This game has been making it very hard on me to focus on exams for the past week. Tonnage based random drops would be a fun addition to your next project.

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:46 PM »
Just thought I'd drop by with a teaser of the new project :)  I'm about to completely redo the UI however so it won't look like this much longer. What will make this different from the original is that its completely supported by a server and database backend, meaning persistence and multiplayer (PVP & PVE) :)  Also I'm planning to support touchscreens on tablets (though phones will be just too small most likely).

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:06 AM »
I have to admit that I don't like the tileset too much, but other than that things look *stunningly* good! I wish you good luck in your endeavours, and should your game be available to buy one day, I'll gladly jump in to put it on the pile of games I have to play this life. :)

(Will there be an ASCII-mode after all your reworkings? Just curious.)

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
I have to admit that I don't like the tileset too much, but other than that things look *stunningly* good! I wish you good luck in your endeavours, and should your game be available to buy one day, I'll gladly jump in to put it on the pile of games I have to play this life. :)

(Will there be an ASCII-mode after all your reworkings? Just curious.)

Its just the map, its using the boring plains theme. There's other maps that can use other themes from megamek, like "Mars" (below).  Also its open source and will be free just like Megamek!

However I'm not planning on an ASCII mode, so the only way it could happen would be for someone to come up with replacement sprites that look like ASCII instead.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:59 PM »
i'm guessing it's purely multiplayer with no bot support?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
i'm guessing it's purely multiplayer with no bot support?

At first PvP multiplayer just because I want to get that stuff tested and fully working first, but the bot will be coming shortly after since I really want PvE (solo or co-op) to be the primary gameplay. But yes, it will require internet connection.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
don't really care about the needed internet connection, i just don't really like multiplayer most of the time.
but while we are on that topic: WHY will it requite an internet connection to play, especially when going PVE/Solo?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »
don't really care about the needed internet connection, i just don't really like multiplayer most of the time.
but while we are on that topic: WHY will it requite an internet connection to play, especially when going PVE/Solo?

It is played via the browser, has a server backend with database. So you login to a website that has contents of your pilots/mechs and ongoing matches (you'll be able to close your browser at any time and pickup the game where you left off on another PC for example).

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 01:26:29 PM »
Aaaah. OK, yes, makes sense then.
I thought it was something like the megamek offline client thingie . .
You using Java? Or HTML5? Or Unity? Flash?
Win7Ultimate64

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 03:57:37 AM »
Aaaah. OK, yes, makes sense then.
I thought it was something like the megamek offline client thingie . .
You using Java? Or HTML5? Or Unity? Flash?

It's HTML 5, and the server backbend is java and groovy (grails)

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 09:11:33 PM »
I started working on this again a month or so ago, the new UI is coming along really well :)