Author Topic: How do we pick up development again?  (Read 10508 times)

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
Re: How do we pick up development again?
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Still, no one explained me why you have accepted this deal, leaving this awesome game at an unfinished state with so much potential for fixes, new assets and leagues..

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 04:52:59 PM »
Given money was paid for the license from the competition, think about the alternative to shutting down.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Sotapeikko

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-0
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Extended Range Lawyers.

Offline tedarin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 07:57:12 PM »
MWLL2 will be reborn as a mod in Star Citizen... oh yeah! ;)
MWLL always felt like a game from another era. From the golden age of PC games

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-15
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
Just for the record: Crash reports are useless then and I do not have to fear eternal damnation if I dont send it anymore?

:) Thanks for a heads up on this.
Watch "Save the Supers" you will get some laughs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvc6E-Wjbo

Should I ever be listed at the top of my team, then we have a serious problem.

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »
Written in thia way, it seems that there is still a chance that renewed unofficial developement by someone within the community with sufficient skills and with the source code is possible..  ::)
For most things there is no need of source code. You can just modify XML files. I even fixed the reticle (partially - only the X - axis) just modifying them.

There is just a little technical problem. If you want to modify those files, you need to break cheat protection.

But the main problem is that if you want to even show your modifications, you have to remove all Mechwarrrior IP related stuff...and that doesn't simply mean to rename mechs and weapons, but also change the vehicle designs...even the BA one.

Well, actually you have to change everything lol

Usually mod teams (and freeware games) don't contact the license owner for permission as it is typically thought to fall under fair use. But Wandering Samurai was being extra cautious at the start of the project because they were dealing with Microsoft.
Also typically (99.99% of the time), team members of internet-based projects keep local copies of their work, and there's no way to actually enforce a deletion order.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
I think all my time on the Internets and said forums, all I have learned is that;  dead horses are the hardest things in the cosmos to kill.   :D :D

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
I think all my time on the Internets and said forums, all I have learned is that;  dead horses are the hardest things in the cosmos to kill.   :D :D
So i ask again, why this "forced" shutdown? Thisgame will never subtract many players to MWO because it is so little known.

Offline Perigren

• Alphatester
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
  • Eh?
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2013, 03:16:53 PM »
Why ask why? It is what it is and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. I hate to say it but it is truth. It is upsetting that MW:LL was dropped for mwo, but money talks and all else walks, it is the way the world works, sadly.
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE @ 3.2 Ghz,ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B 135mm Long life bearing CPU Cooler
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2GB)  DDR3 1333
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5, 2x 21.5" Samsung LED monitors(BX-2231)
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 full ATX case
Kingston 96 Gb SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM SATA III
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2013, 05:00:59 PM »
Why ask why? It is what it is and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. I hate to say it but it is truth. It is upsetting that MW:LL was dropped for mwo, but money talks and all else walks, it is the way the world works, sadly.
That does not mean i may not ask why. I saw passion in this game and so i will not believe easily that it has been abandoned without a reason.

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +533/-19
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2013, 08:49:38 PM »
Everything that can be said about the situation has been said.  Continuing to ask will not yield any more details, even if we had them they are not ours to give.
Proud vendor of Soon™, brought to you by the makers of Someday™, Make Me a Ticket™ and Let's Talk About it Later™

Never mistake "the audience" for "the community".

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2013, 09:50:35 PM »
Everything that can be said about the situation has been said.  Continuing to ask will not yield any more details, even if we had them they are not ours to give.

With this post as a solid statement from the once Project Director, I will lock this thread. In the future I will entertain these threads for new folks who are inquisitive and do not know the state of things, but for a much shorter time period.
My milk shakes!