Author Topic: MWLL.SU #1 Server Announsing  (Read 3572 times)

Offline artem

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-1
    • MWLL.SU
MWLL.SU #1 Server Announsing
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »
We glad to present you the new MWLL server from russian-speaking MWLL.SU community working in test mode now. Our maplist is different from Huntress or Funbocks and includes only Terrain Control mode maps, except one, and this one is not presents anywhere else. Most of the maps created by MWLL community members and only 40% are standart MWLL maps. When we select maps we prefer most dynamics of them and try to avoid maps which everyone tired of. Maps rotation specially created to make different views and landscapes and types of gameplay. Physically server located in Volgorechensk and works on Core i5-3450 3.1GHz, 16gb ram and 20 megabits bandwidth. We hope that 2Mbit channel is enough to support 28 slots.

Maplist
You can download archive of user-created maps for this server via Google Drive or Yandex.Disc (extract to "Crysis Wars\Mods\mwll\Game\Levels\").

TSA Shore team Arena is a special map, developed by genius in deep underground of one of soviet bunkers in Siberia. This is unique map from all current servers, you can't find it on any other one. You can play it only here and try to have specific pleasure from secret developments. There is secret unit, not found on any other map, but inside the mod resources. Map is full of mystery... Only here you can find some secrets, if you use some brains and risk your life. Three secret paths brings you to target and some others... Brings you to other interesting things. Map is full of secrets, explore it!

Test Mode
In the beginning server was planned for Europe TC events.(will be announced later) It works on MWLL.SU ~ Kirill_K workstation. If the server will not conflict with his everyday work in Photoshop and 3dsMax , witch takes about 7-9GB RAM it will work 24/7.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:36:41 PM by artem »

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: MWLL.SU #1 Server Announsing
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
I wonder what sort of ping I'll get on it. May test out that idea a little later.

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »
I wonder what sort of ping I'll get on it. May test out that idea a little later.

Still better than Huntress, for European players.

Only thing I'm not sure about is the connection...My training server got half of that upstream bandwith, but it starts having problems and ping spikes only with 9 players...yes, true that it's an old low-spec craptop, but I'm still not sure.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:57:36 PM by Starch1ld »

Offline artem

• Bondsman
    • MWLL.SU
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:07:34 PM »
Thank you all who participate in server testing today. Spacial thanks for =Z= Jope and MWLL.SU ~ Kott for inviting players to server. Sorry for disinformation, bandwidth of server's internet channel is 20mbit.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:02:40 PM by artem »

Offline Silvercraft

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
And once again I see people playing this game but CANT connect to that server   :(

(Originally I was not able to connect to Huntress either but they tweaked it and now I can connect to it just fine)

Offline artem

• Bondsman
    • MWLL.SU
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
Maybe you can't connect because of server bug, if you try to join on the Kagoshima map, we restarted the server after this map and the problem is gone.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:25:32 PM by artem »

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:42:31 PM »
And once again I see people playing this game but CANT connect to that server   :(

(Originally I was not able to connect to Huntress either but they tweaked it and now I can connect to it just fine)
You can't even connect to my training server  :(

Sorry for disinformation, bandwidth of server's internet channel is 20mbit.
Oh, much better then  :)
Sorry, i couldn't participate in server testing because I wasn't at home  :-\

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
Your map list is too long. Your server will fail before it completes the rotation. An MWLL server can easily eclipse 3 GB of RAM usage after several hours.
My milk shakes!

Offline artem

• Bondsman
    • MWLL.SU
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:37:09 PM »
Added links to archive of maps and their profiles on mwllmaps.com. In addition we setup the download of maps from our extreme-fast hosting.

SJ SaKhan Wolf, my opinion is that we have enough RAM for the server. If the problem is in server instability, could you tell the time from start to hanging of server application.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • Cheese!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
Added links to archive of maps and their profiles on mwllmaps.com. In addition we setup the download of maps from our extreme-fast hosting.

SJ SaKhan Wolf, my opinion is that we have enough RAM for the server. If the problem is in server instability, could you tell the time from start to hanging of server application.

There is a severe memory leak, just run your server for a day. You'll clearly see it. We've run Huntress for a long damn time, and there is a reason why map rotation are kept short.

Of course if you have say 64GB dedicated you might be able to run a longer rotation, but eating 7-9GB in those apps, says maybe this workstation has 12-16GB
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 08:53:34 PM by SJ SaKhan Wolf »
My milk shakes!

Offline artem

• Bondsman
    • MWLL.SU
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »
SJ SaKhan Wolf, thanks.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • Cheese!
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:25 PM »
SJ SaKhan Wolf, thanks.

Anytime, and best of luck with your server.
My milk shakes!

Offline ~SJ~Zathrus

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 01:45:17 AM »
Hello Artem
I run Huntress, and thought I would give you some tips.

What we find is as the game approaches 2 gigabytes of memory usage, it becomes unstable and you see sync issues, then it will crash.
We run it in 64bit with plenty of ram and cpu... but the game itself will begin to have crash issues as you approach the number of 2gigs usage.

If you run a trace of memory usage on the server for 12 to 24 hours while people are on it, you will see the memory leak clearly.
the peak usage slowly creeps up on each map, and gets higher on each map as you go through the rotation.

Also this game is very bandwidth hungry.. it requires a lot of bandwidth from  a server.
With 20 players we see continuous 10 to 13 Mb/s and packet sizes can be large at times.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:34:24 AM by ~SJ~Zathrus »

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 10:19:16 AM »
Got 40 ping a few days ago, not bad!

Offline artem

• Bondsman
    • MWLL.SU
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
~SJ~Zathrus, thank you for the information. We think about the maplist.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:56:41 PM by artem »