Author Topic: Interface console pops up when starting game.  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Blackrain

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Interface console pops up when starting game.
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:38 PM »
I followed all the instructions posted here all the way to section 4,
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11a55lxRx-Yf-jHNwtYMUzdrbs41IBDRsU0PG0CDRs2M/edit?pli=1
but when I run the game I get an interface console that shows a bunch of configuration code.
Looks like the old MW4 where you could enter server configuration values.
I removed the "autoexec.cfg" file provided in the zip file from the root directory and the problem goes away.
Is it possible that the file needs to be placed somewhere else?

Also, I get that red warning that my data is out of date but when I reboot it's fine.
Obviously there's a read error somewhere.
Is there a way to fix it?

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Interface console pops up when starting game.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:49:35 AM »
That's due to this command inside autoexec.cfg: ConsoleShow. Its there to prevent a shaders bug in DX10. Type after that ConsoleHide (I think that command exists) or press the tilde key to hide the console manually.

And can you take a screenshot of that red warning? Not sure what it is by your description. The file integrity warning perhaps?
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:40:34 AM »
Alternatively you can bind the console show to key you always press before logging into a game server and press that to prevent the bug.
My milk shakes!

Offline Blackrain

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:16 AM »
RGR, thanks for that info. I've been hitting the tilde key and it's been OK with me. That error with the red box hasn't come up since I rebooted and launched this afternoon, weird.

BTW, this is looking more and more like it has a much bigger European following than a US one. When is the best time to jump on and  hang out on the TS server?