Author Topic: MechWarrior - Forever Legends - Sign-up  (Read 9075 times)

Offline artem

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-1
    • MWLL.SU
Re: MechWarrior - Forever Legends - Sign-up
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 05:20:31 PM »
Now, when the passions are gone I'll answer the questions one by one and try to describe the situation. However, this is not an appeal for continuing discussion, and I will not comment any critics of MWLL.SU, balance of MW:LL or rules of the Tournament.

Facts
  • MWLL.SU lose ELH all 3 maps in first round of Tournament. We lose by the team-game level, coordination, strategy and set-ups. I responsible
    for all of this in fact and I don't deny this in face of you and my team.
  • MWLL.SU left the tournament after the first match
  • MWLL.SU describe this by "not our game style" words. This appeals indignation from many participants of the Tournament, that leads you to aggression and some tries to wipe or bemire, or let us down, what you prefere.

Game Style

At the beginning all MWLL.SU current players was introduced to A-lone from his YouTube channel. Sometimes later I arranged with RDL for the channel in their Teamspeak. And we get it only after we reject their offer to enter the RDL unit. After I introduced to ELH, as part of MWLL community, the same offer followed but we reject it.

After a few months I offer MWLL.SU members to make our own website and rent a teamspeak for creationg russian-speaking community of MWLL. NOT a UNIT or CLAN! We just played together on publics for our pleasure and fun. We knows about Drops and Units enouth to play it with RDL and ELH, but we prefered dinamic gameplay on TC, not the position war with 1 live on drops.

MWLL is the best game about mechs which we happened to play. This game is better then more perspective MWO, fabulous Titanfall or faster Hawken. But! It's not possible to say that MWLL hawe no lacks and holes. As many other we don't very happy with Aeros and BA presence in the game.

Let's summirize. MWLL.SU - is the russian-speaking communty, but not the Unit or Clan. Everyone can join and leave us in any time. No "high command", trainings, commanders, etc. We plays only for fun and pleasure without ANY different goals.

@ELH

Yes we plays drops with you half a year ago, and we very appreciate you guys, and Sudibor specially. Why those games was interresting for us, and this games not? First, we plays in concept reconnasence->closing->fight. Games were fast. Second, you and we attacks positions of enemyes. Interrested can see this here game records. No need to dissemble and present events in a favorable light for youself. If the games were only in position-war style, they ended as fast as they started.

Compare Unit with group of people played without trainings just for fun is not very fair. Moreover, after this drops on MWLL.SU forum I direcly write that this was great luck in most of games. And nobody from MWLL.SU doesn't start to discuss!

You told about changing of your line-up, but you don't told anything about our line-up. After drops with you Sudibor offers A-lone(which was our leader and best player from us) to play the battle for 5 planets. Except A-lone, nobody agreed. After this A-lone leave MWLL.SU.

About the BA, we simply ignored them for a lucky rush. The only exception was in some way a Seaport.

Quitting the tournament

Initially, we weren't interested in taking part in the tournament. You can ask Starch1ld about this, who sent us an invitation. After all, on the wave of enthusiasm I managed to assemble a team to support Starch1ld's Tournament.

We could play prolonged trench warfare, but I couldn't see another reasons due to which we can lose interest in participation except the ability to take 10+ players on the battlefield and usage of BattleArmors. The whole horror of the situation in which I have put teammates I realized when I was watching the game RDL vs. BKS on Frostbite where BKS by means of numerical advantage and the presence of BAs controlled the entire map and turned the match into one-sided shooting range.

The third match against ELH we played only out of respect for them and invited streamers. And we would left the tournament after playing with ANY other team that would have fought with larger number of warriors and BAs against us. This team could be whether RDL or whether BKS.

Thanks to the organizers for the tournament, for lenient attitude and the opportunity to play against other teams, but without BA. Alas, but that was the end of our enthusiasm in participating in the tournament. I apologize to ELH due wasting time with us if they would think that our matches were pointless; and also to Starch1ld who is forced to alter the schedule and scoresheet. We'll continue to follow the tournament, but now in the role of spectators.

We don't need you.

I hate this community, or at least people that think they are part of this community... We don't need you.
  • We Russians speak with people with whom you can't speak English.
  • We play in time zones, in which Europe and North America can't play because the time difference can be up to 15 hours.
  • We're still playing MW:LL and aren't going anywhere to go, in contrast to those units which can't play their game style in MW:LL. There are no drops and tournaments of leagues. I understand this and don't blame them for the move into MWO.
  • We're open to everyone, regardless of the level of skills and purposes.
    • Medved (not Medved_42_rus !) - a young father with a child of 5-6 years old. He played with us only when he had free time, and he always spoke in a whisper so he couldn't wake the baby. His skills were low but with us he always could extent his knowledge about the game and support attacking warriors by LRM+NARC and heavy tanks.
    • Kott - knows about BattleTech more than all members of MWLL.SU together and plays with us just for fun and doesn't intend to leave.
    • CTapuk_noxa6bl4 (Starik_pohabich) - played with us the Drops against ELH and then wanted more so he joined the RDL. Later he joined (RU)RJF when he realized that his style of play is more suitable for MWO.
    • Starch1ld - also played with us the Drops against ELH. Once he sensed the taste for this gameplay he came in CSJ, but after a while he left for unknown reasons. Then he created the BKS unit and brought together the most active and skilled players of the entire community. Now he's the only power that moves the world community of MW:LL forward. The Forever Legends - is the most significant event after the cessation of the development of MW:LL, that pulled units out from MWO!
  • We've adapted our TeamSpeak server not only for the Russian-speaking community, but also for the whole World. We have a lot of visitors from North America in the morning (Moscow time). And this is completely Starch1ld's merit.
  • We found Russian streamers on the popular in CIS portal sc2tv.ru, who love BT and are interested in MW:LL. We introduced them all Russian units which we know and also organizers of the Forever Legends. Now they are broadcasting matches between North America's teams at 4-6 am at their time zone. And we're greatly appreciate them for this! Their stream collects plenty of spectators; from about 40-60 and more people. And they say: "Interesting mod! Where can I download it?". Generally, viewers and streamers used to compare MWO and MW:LL like CS and ARMA. With the ELH's support those streams became the best I've ever seen.
If we want to continue to play MW:LL and develop it, we need all the community members! It's obvious!

Offline ELH_MrGray

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-9
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
This wall of text is nice and all but fact is that you left only single community event for last year. This event can decide future of MWLL community itself, can promote MWLL  (we got streams with commentaries for example),  help community to grow and help with future events. For some of us it is just a sight that you just do not want to support this activity as part of community. That is where all that hate come from i think. Fact is if another team or two will left a turney event will die immediately AND we already have Gost Bears who have not played a single game. For someone you will be first to blame for event failure.

"Do you know what the sound of 2 UAC/20s is?"
"What's it sound like?"
"RAPERAPERAPERAPE."

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »
Hmms. Well, KoS is an extremely casual unit. We never ever ever practice, ever. We're not very organized either, usually filling comms with stupid banter while we probe for weak points in the enemy.

I understand about the difference in style. Though I actually prefer BA/ASF to be used to spice things up.

I plan on having events that break out of the 5v5 no respawn box because i've noticed interest in MWLL has indeed increased since the shutdown.
My only problem is lack of server right now.

Of course KoS will play through the rest of the tournament, but it will be increasingly difficult to play against the Russian teams because of the time gap you mentioned and its been a miracle that KoS has scraped together 5 pilots thus far. While we can usually field enough, unfortunately that depends on playing at more or less the same time everyweek. I've already probed about playing earlier on Sunday but it probably isn't going to happen anytime soon and I have to work Saturdays for the next two weeks. Our sweet spot time however is simply not viable for Russian teams because its basically already Monday morning by the time we start playing.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 11:31:30 PM »
Initially, we weren't interested in taking part in the tournament. You can ask Starch1ld about this, who sent us an invitation. After all, on the wave of enthusiasm I managed to assemble a team to support Starch1ld's Tournament.
Absolutely true. They didn't want and I even told them the exact opposite of what Alphacat wrote.

Quote from: Starch1ld
And we really need you guys to make it happen.

But you should have explained me that you didn't want to join for that specific reason.  :-\

Guys, this community is little. These arguments will only make people go away. The point is that

This event can decide future of MWLL community itself, can promote MWLL  (we got streams with commentaries for example),  help community to grow and help with future events. Fact is if another team or two will left a turney event will die immediately AND we already have Gost Bears who have not played a single game. For someone you will be first to blame for event failure.

It's not a good thing to say, but MrGray is right. Guys, this event is NOT meant to be a competitive event, but just a promotional one. We wanted streamers mainly because of that. We aren't playing to show which team is "THE BEST SUPER POWERFUL WINNER OF MWLL!!!!" We don't care about this.
We just want to show people this game, and how it works.

Really, think about it...WFL, which is a completely new team, without any kind of experience in MWLL drops, against ELH, a team full of "Living Legends". Would even make sense, this match? We alredy know which team is going to win. But no one should care about this. We are here to play, not to win.

Winners gets points, true. But after the tournament, what is the real prize? There are no prizes, just points: only number. The real prize, if the tournaments goes well, will be a community growth. And this prize will be for everyone, not for the winner. Think about it, guys. Everyone, not only MWLL.SU.

Also, another thing: please don't give me all merits for this event, artem. It was Sudibor's idea, not mine. I just discussed rules with him, and announced it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:24:45 AM by >BKS< Starch1ld »

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2014, 09:20:45 AM »
Hmms. Well, KoS is an extremely casual unit. We never ever ever practice, ever. We're not very organized either, usually filling comms with stupid banter while we probe for weak points in the enemy.

I understand about the difference in style. Though I actually prefer BA/ASF to be used to spice things up.

I plan on having events that break out of the 5v5 no respawn box because i've noticed interest in MWLL has indeed increased since the shutdown.
My only problem is lack of server right now.

Of course KoS will play through the rest of the tournament, but it will be increasingly difficult to play against the Russian teams because of the time gap you mentioned and its been a miracle that KoS has scraped together 5 pilots thus far. While we can usually field enough, unfortunately that depends on playing at more or less the same time everyweek. I've already probed about playing earlier on Sunday but it probably isn't going to happen anytime soon and I have to work Saturdays for the next two weeks. Our sweet spot time however is simply not viable for Russian teams because its basically already Monday morning by the time we start playing.

Dude, we should talk some time.

WHy is he still talking, he opted out.  Stop caring about something you don't care about.  pieces... :P

EDIT: Just read StarChild's post as well.  Amen brother, we are here to play, not win.  Something that all of internet gaming needs to hear. :)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Marek

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
Hello there folks!

Not sure if the tournament is still running or not but I am available as a free lancer if any team needs some extra help, assuming of course I am available for the match. I am pretty good with battle armor and a tanks but can pilot a mech if need be.

I, unfortunately, missed most of MWLL in its prime due to the lack of a good enough computer at the time. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed what action I am able to get in on in the pub matches.

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2014, 02:14:19 PM »
Works. We are ready to play, hopefully without force majeure situations : ) , into next weekend.

Hello there folks!

Not sure if the tournament is still running or not but I am available as a free lancer if any team needs some extra help, assuming of course I am available for the match. I am pretty good with battle armor and a tanks but can pilot a mech if need be.

I, unfortunately, missed most of MWLL in its prime due to the lack of a good enough computer at the time. However, I have thoroughly enjoyed what action I am able to get in on in the pub matches.

May be WLF

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2014, 02:58:45 PM »
Thank you Vitos.

Marek, consider register in our website and often checking the drop threads.  We always need more freelancers to fill our team!  ;)