Author Topic: Installation Path Question?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline TE5LA

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Installation Path Question?
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:21:43 AM »
When I use the installers, either the normal or the combined installer, it creates a path similar to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis Wars\Mods\Mods\MWLL\...

So it creates duplicate Mods folders and it extracts other folders like Bin32, Bin64, Game into the regular Mods folder. Inside the second Mods folder is another MWLL folder. The folder structure seems all over the place. Is this correct?

Offline TE5LA

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Installation Path Question?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:04 AM »
Well, needless to say, this didn't work. I uninstalled it and ran it again and this time it chose a different path. Odd, I never changed it the first time.

Also, it seems a bit odd that to verify my post, I answered "yes" to the question about the best Mech game ever and it was wrong. I had to change it to "no" and it worked?

[EDIT]

Does anyone know why the launcher simply crashes as soon as it is run? This is on an un-managed hosting server.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:48:25 AM by TE5LA »

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:14:33 PM »
[EDIT]

Does anyone know why the launcher simply crashes as soon as it is run? This is on an un-managed hosting server.

Don't know... Mine works fine. If you want to make a pure installation of the mod to rule out any of those issues, install either your copy of Crysis Wars or the Crysis Wars Trial, then follow these instructions under Manual install: http://mw-ll.org

But anyway you can start the game, run a server, launch Actionmapper (to change keys) all without the launcher.

And btw, that I know, the MWLL 0.7.1 Complete Installer had this issue: "Currently Writes the files to "/Crysis Wars/MWLL/MWLL""
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:45:20 AM »
Sorry about the boundary to entry for the forums. We had a serious influx of spambots awhile back so we had to build a barrier to entry that we felt our primitive forum technology could compensate for which unfortunately is a bit of a pain in the ass.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."