Author Topic: Open Drop night!  (Read 7684 times)

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Open Drop night!
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:01:17 AM »
Greetings MechWarriors! Tired of the same disorganized pub matches? Want to try something new? Then grab your headset, chips, and energy drinks and strap yourself in for engaging, competitive but also funny organized team-based gameplay on Huntress with 350 tons of pure mech action!

We're officially starting our Open Drop Nights! Game rules will be very similar to the ones used for "Forever Legends" tournament. Everyone is welcome, no need to sign up! Just come, get ready and play!

If you're up, then catch us at our TeamSpeak server this Saturday, at 10 PM GMT!  :)

Here are some videos of pure mech action! ;)

http://www.twitch.tv/mwstarch1ld/b/509728002

http://www.twitch.tv/mwstarch1ld/b/509719046

Event canceled
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:44:26 PM by Starch1ld »

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
Re: Open Drop night!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:31:03 PM »
Are you actively trying to remove from the game anything that is not a 'Mech or a ground vehicle?

I ask for ASF-only dogfights, BA only duels, mixed BA and 'Mechs action and company-sized 'Mech brawls!  8)

Offline Rajveer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the effort Starch1d, personally I'd prefer something like standard TC mode but with proper communication. I'm getting bored of drops, there's so much more to the game than spending 10-20 minutes hunting for the other side then fighting for 2 minutes and then game end. Especially if it's Mech only.

Some of the best gameplay I've had in MWLL has been a result of just having proper communication, even in TSA games. Just having organised standard games with mics would be more fun IMO, and would also be more flexible (people can come in/drop out of games without disrupting them).

My dream - a properly organised game of TC Death Valley/Kagoshima. I remember in Op Vip we had TSA games on Urban Jungle and New Roland, those were the shit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:20:39 PM by =CJW= Rajveer »

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
(...) I remember in Op Vip we had TSA games on Urban Jungle and New Roland, those were the shit.

One of the greatest moments in New Roland had an aero. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qKaaBZ8mx4&t=7m29s
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 06:49:43 PM »
(...) I remember in Op Vip we had TSA games on Urban Jungle and New Roland, those were the shit.

the other side :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iTiyg-32p4

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »
Thanks for the effort Starch1d, personally I'd prefer something like standard TC mode but with proper communication. I'm getting bored of drops, there's so much more to the game than spending 10-20 minutes hunting for the other side then fighting for 2 minutes and then game end. Especially if it's Mech only.
Maus and SJ already tried to organize this stuff, last summer...

Are you actively trying to remove from the game anything that is not a 'Mech or a ground vehicle?
You didn't read my post, did you?

Game rules will be very similar to the ones used for "Forever Legends" tournament.
:)

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-15
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »
Time will tell if I have time for this (I suppose not, but if I have, I will drop by).

Your TS-Server is already bookmarked.
Watch "Save the Supers" you will get some laughs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvc6E-Wjbo

Should I ever be listed at the top of my team, then we have a serious problem.

Offline [CC] Amuro_Ray

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-1
  • Scat B for Life!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 10:25:33 AM »

I'm proud to be one of the fbomb victims. Too bad we won in the very end :)

also plus 1 on doing TC rather than drops.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:48:13 AM by [CC] Amuro_Ray »
Damnit =KOS= Bobby

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
If people prefer TC, we could think about it. But the main problem is that you can't start with more than 40K Cbills on TC, so, we would have only lights and sheetty mechs at the start...Another problem of TC is that, if one team starts gaining more cbills than the other from the very beginning, it may become too unbalanced.

Offline Marek

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 02:09:23 PM »
Sounds like fun to me. Hopefully there will be a big turnout. I know I am in!

*sets calendar reminder*

Offline Rajveer

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »
Nothing wrong with lights, in fact they're more useful in TC than in other game modes, which means that in TC you'll get a wider range of assets used and an actual reason for them to exist. Also we can play around with banking options, or just accept that unbalanced cbills is part of the game, part of losing. Sometimes a team just has to accept that they've done fapped up, man up and try to fight the odds  ;D

Also if player count is an issue we can always limit the bases that we play for at the beginning of a match. It should be easy to enforce if it's an organised game.

But if like you said it failed when SJ tried then ignore me, I'm just throwing out what I find the most fun when playing MWLL. The fact that you're even getting any sort of organised play going is a miracle :)

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 02:29:29 PM »

I'm proud to be one of the fbomb victims. Too bad we won in the very end :)

also plus 1 on doing TC rather than drops.

Bug games  ^ (  and minus 300 points at once - see 18 min 30 sec on video - later your commander speak: "full retreat, keep the defense" :)

bad bug : )

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
Star, every fun drop we did was 'Mech only with even more weight restrictions than the tournament.

The best match was, of course, that in which we started flying in ASFs at 5 minutes left  ;D

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »
Star, every fun drop we did was 'Mech only with even more weight restrictions than the tournament.
Would you really drop with 350 tons of tonnage restriction, or use any aero asset with an only 4-men team? C'mon, please!

The best match was, of course, that in which we started flying in ASFs at 5 minutes left  ;D
That wasn't even a match...

Nothing wrong with lights, in fact they're more useful in TC than in other game modes, which means that in TC you'll get a wider range of assets used and an actual reason for them to exist. Also we can play around with banking options, or just accept that unbalanced cbills is part of the game, part of losing. Sometimes a team just has to accept that they've done fapped up, man up and try to fight the odds  ;D

Also if player count is an issue we can always limit the bases that we play for at the beginning of a match. It should be easy to enforce if it's an organised game.

But if like you said it failed when SJ tried then ignore me, I'm just throwing out what I find the most fun when playing MWLL. The fact that you're even getting any sort of organised play going is a miracle :)
I don't want to ignore anyone. As I said, we are also thinking about TC, but in a different (and hopefully better) way. Just come in TS.  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:50:38 PM by >BKS< Starch1ld »

Offline [CC] Amuro_Ray

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-1
  • Scat B for Life!
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »
Just do TC with altered starting c bills (say 105k)
Damnit =KOS= Bobby