Author Topic: Action mapper registers 4th mouse button, but doesn't work in game  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Flashblade

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Hi there,

I am still pretty new to the mod and am sad that I missed the glory days. Getting my ass beat pretty badly whenever I drop and still kinda fighting the controls as well. As the topic states I have the problem that the action mapper registers my mouse button 4 just fine. I can use the detect function and the key will be assigned. When I startup the game though I press the key and nothing happens. What's up with that?

Another question, is it possible to have a control config similar to what was possible in MW3? I used to run a config where I had a left handed joystick for the throttle and turning the mech and the mouse for torso control and crosshair. Would the throttle return to neutral if I had the joystick y axis in the neutral position or would it stay in full throttle?. Oh that were the glory days and than came MW4 with its totally limited control scheme and I left that game soon after.

Why does this forum have the most obnoxious captcha I have ever seen?

Thx in advance for the help

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
Re: Action mapper registers 4th mouse button, but doesn't work in game
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Left handed joystick for the throttle (Set throttle value in Vehicle tab) and turning the mech ((X) Turn chassis left/right in Mech tab) and the mouse for torso control and crosshair? Check. In neutral it should go neutral. Then if you want to do some fine tuning of the free reticle, check this thread: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,19360.0.html

Also if you think of using aerospace/vtols you might need to change a few keys too.

The mouse thing, can you attach your actionmaps.xml here and tell which action you wanted to be mouse 4? Just to check if its being written correctly to that file.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Flashblade

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 03:21:43 PM »
Damn, now I want to pick up a joystick I can use left handed to get the maximum experience out of this, my hotas is right hand only. As for the actionmaps.xml i already changed things up for something that works. The intended command was indeed to toggle free reticle. Works with left alt no problem. BTW I used the action mapper and didn't edit the xml file in an editor so I don't really see how it could be a syntax error. Also I tried binding that mouse button to weapon group 3, again no joy.

Edit:
Action map included how it would have been
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:35:13 PM by Flashblade »

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:53:11 PM »
Ye weird, its being written as mouse4, which should be correct.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Flashblade

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
I solved my own problem, turns out what is being registered as mouse button 4 in action mapper becomes mouse button 5 in game. so setting the command to mouse button 5 solved my problem and stuff works as intended now

Offline Star Wraith

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »
Actionmapper is messy with extra mouse buttons.

I suggest you guys to use the external software provided with your mouse (like Logitech Gaming Software for example)  to do that