Author Topic: BKS Aerospace Invitational Sunday June 22 19:00-23:00gmt  (Read 2851 times)

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +216/-0
BKS Aerospace Invitational Sunday June 22 19:00-23:00gmt
« on: June 16, 2014, 05:29:12 AM »
Sunday June 22 all day, focus time 19:00-23:00gmt

Signups are still open. I will find a way to accomodate  ;D

Our friends in the sky have been overlooked for too long! I say to you good Battletech pilots, that enough is enough! Announcing the BKS Aerospace Invitational, the tournament designed for aerospace pilots! This Saturday June 21 and Sunday June 22, BKS will host a single elimination bracket tournament.

Each match will consist of the best of 3 maps. There are 4 divisions of aerospace and vtol that will be randomly selected for each match . This is being done as a compromise between allowing all assets and competitive game play. Additionally,  there will be no repeating variants. Each map will consist of a 2 minute build time and a 15 mintues time limit.

Players are encouraged to signup here. Players are also encouraged to signup if they have the slighest interest in the tournament. A system is in place to allow the bracket to continue smoothly if any pilots miss the match.Teamspeak is not required but encouraged. We can meet on the BKS teamspeak, ts3.bks.ca, on Saturday. Backup teamspeak at wr-clan.no-ip.org just in case. Tournament officials will be availalbe the entire day. There will be a bracket printed up. Seeds and match ups will be random. Finalized bracket will be posted no later than Friday.  Tournament will run the entire day, 12am GMT Saturday until 3am GMT Sunday. Feel free to contact me via a post or pm if you have any questions.

Map 1. TSA Dogfight.
http://mwllmaps.com/maps/SA/SA_DogfightV02.zip
Map 2. TSA Urban Jungle
http://mwllmaps.com/maps/TC/TC_Urban_Jungle.zip
Map 3. TC Enkelaudus.

Division 1
Sulla 45 tons
Corsair 50 tons
Donar 21 tons
Hawkmoth 25 tons

Division 2
Visigoth 60 tons
Shiva 85 tons

Division 3
Sparrowhawk 30 tons
Donar 21 tons
Hawkmoth 25tons

Division 4
Open Division
All Assets allowed

BKS Duelist  8)

Signed Players:

BKS Duelist
BKS Starch1ld
CW CyclonerM
Bruno_007
BKS Null
BKS Django
BKS Fractura Laniatus
BKS Bob
CW Aresye
8492nd

Seeds

1) BKS Null2
2) BKS Starch1ld
3) CW Aresye
4) Bruno_007
5) BKS Fractura Laniatus
6) BKS Django
7) CW CyclonerM
8 ) BKS Bob
9)BKS Duelist (alternate) fill in
10) 8492nd

Seeds and divisions were randomly chose at http://www.random.org/lists/ run 10 times.

Bracket

http://challonge.com/tournaments/bracket_generator?ref=kMJuSOKMjf

Matchups

BKS Null  v BKS Bob played one map-Null leads Bob 1-0.

division 1
division 4
division 3

Bruno_007 vs BKS Fractura Laniatus

division 1
division 2
division 3

BKS Starch1ld vs CW CyclonerM

division 1
division 4
division 3

CW Aresye vs BKS Django

division 2
division 1
division 4

Maps:
TSA Urban Jungle, TSA Dogfight, TC Enkelaudus

Duelist will sub if there is a no show and no available freelancers pilots are available.

Time:

All weekend right now until 00:00 Monday. If you are ready to play, join the ts3.bks.ca teamspeak in channel BKS Aerospace Invitational. Alternately, join the Operation Viper 2 6/28 http://ow.ly/yajjr server and spawn in game.

If I were to give a target time, I would say aim for 20:00gmt Sat and Sun, but as I said, we can play whenever we have the needed people.

If this drags on, I will play with the people that are there to play.

Format:

The best 2 out of 3. Third map is played only when tied 1-1. Each map will have a division limiting the assets the pilots may choose on that map. I will keep track of used assets, as there are no repeating assets. If you use a Shiva A on the first map, you may not use it again the rest of the tournament. Winner moves on in the bracket, loser is done.

Server:

Operation Viper 2 6/28 http://ow.ly/yajjr, the BKS server. Password 321 Players may join server to practice if they wish.

Officials:

BKS Duelist, or another approved official

Rules:

No repeating variants.

No obvious intentional ramming (unless you want too i guess). Ramming is unavoidable, I will be rather lenient on the rule, but I hold final say. I mean if someone is headed straight for the other player for a long time and rams straight in, that is rather obvious. Ramming in such a manner will result in disqualification for the map and award the opponent the victory on the map.

In case of both pilots dying at the same time from incidental ramming, the map will be replayed with the same variants the pilots used.

If a pilot takes an asset already used or not in the division for the map, a warning will be issued and the map restarted. If this becomes a continuing issue, player will be disqualified from the map automatically.

Pilots that crash into something and die lose the map. If a player computer crashes, the match is restarted with the same assets.

Pilots are allowed to land during match but are now allowed to repair or rearm. Pilots are allowed to attack aircraft on the ground.

2 minutes or so of buy time. Once the official starts the map, players have 15 minute game clock. If both pilots live in their planes at the end of time, it will count as a loss for both pilots. A tiebreaker match will occur if this happens in the third map of the match.

Situations not covered by these rules will be dealt with by the tournament official on a case by case basis.

Good luck pilots!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:46:23 AM by duelist »

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Re: BKS Aerospace Invitational Saturday June 21 Announcement and Signups
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »
I'm in, but It's possible I could not be at home on Saturday  :\
What about Sunday?

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • MechWarrior CyclonerM, Clan Wolf Alpha Galaxy
    • www.clan-wolf.info
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
What about Sunday?

I agree, Sunday would be better.

Anyway i signup! Since our Clan Wolf AeroSpace tournament (which i could have won due to few other experienced pilots + some luck) i have seen no more big AeroSpace action!

Only a question: if the division is randomly selected does it mean that i cannot choose what fighter i would use before the match?

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
Great!  :)
Tournament for singles? How many pilots can participate on each side in the same match?
NBT-HC ELH

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »
What about Sunday?

I agree, Sunday would be better.

Anyway i signup! Since our Clan Wolf AeroSpace tournament (which i could have won due to few other experienced pilots + some luck) i have seen no more big AeroSpace action!

Only a question: if the division is randomly selected does it mean that i cannot choose what fighter i would use before the match?

By popular demand tournament now run both Saturday and Sunday. 48 hours straight  ;D   You will be able to see the bracket before it starts. You will be able to choose from any assets in the division. So as an example:

Duelist vs Starch1ld

TSA Dogfight Division 2
TC Urban Jungle Division 3
TC Enkelaudus Division 4

I can choose say a Shiva A on dogfight, Sparrowhawk D on urban jungle, and since division 4 is open I can choose any fighter I want, so Sulla C.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:28:40 PM »
Great!  :)
Tournament for singles? How many pilots can participate on each side in the same match?

Yes tournament is 1v1 combat. I could keep track of a unit or teams performance and setup another bracket for a team based tournament. If there is enough interest I can do a small team vs team bracket this weekend as well.

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
No-one will take a Hawkmoth in Division 1, it doesn't matter how good of a pilot they are, any air superiority aerospace fighter can take down a VTOL one on one no problem.

I am in 2 minds whether to suggest removing Sparrowhawk in division 3...
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
No-one will take a Hawkmoth in Division 1, it doesn't matter how good of a pilot they are, any air superiority aerospace fighter can take down a VTOL one on one no problem.

I am in 2 minds whether to suggest removing Sparrowhawk in division 3...

... 8) ... Challenge accepted, sign me up for every division that has VTOLs.

I'll have to think better about it when I get home, but I should be game.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
    • www.clan-wolf.info
Any other pilots signing up?

Noobs preferred  :P

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi

You should tell Nightcrawler about this event. He MUST join!

Offline [CW] CyclonerM

• Recruit
    • www.clan-wolf.info

I will tell him and Loremaster Aresye as soon as i see them.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi

I will tell him and Loremaster Aresye as soon as i see them.
maybe would be a good idea to tell them also about Operation Final Assault. We need as many players as we can get for that event.

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
Sign me up fools.  It's been awhile since I've dusted off my plane.

Offline 8492nd

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Belka's Fallen
Guess I'll be the sub for the tournament just hit me up If I'm available . I suck at flying though  :-\ so I'll practice in Training Sever