Author Topic: Chaos March - Feedback Thread  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
Chaos March - Feedback Thread
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »
Ok guys, this is a feedback thread for Chaos March.

We found good and bad things about this event organizing it. Please post your opinions about it.
We are aware there are some problems and we are looking for possible solutions, but with your feedback we may find them sooner than later!
Thanks for your help!

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
Re: Chaos March - Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »
Your Teamspeak and website appear to be down as of posting time.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
Your Teamspeak and website appear to be down as of posting time.
Sometimes they just freak out, but now they are both working

Offline Ivaan

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:26:23 PM »
Hey!

Yesterday we talked about some feedback regarding tonnage limits, regiments etc.

How about this?
- No tonnage limit for drops (like you guys suggested)
- Tonnage limit for the campaign(battle for one planet): 1400 tons

According to the Chaos march guide, the defenders have 10 regiments, the attackers have 14. As far as I know, the assigned regiments are random currently. What if you use a predefined setup by regiment types?

Based on the new redesigned regiments the setup could be like this:

Defenders:
1 random Recon/Skirmisher
3 random Mobilized/Line
3 random Mechanized/Hunter
1 random Siege/Crucial
1 random Armored/Point
1 random Engineer/Support/Airborne/Wing
10 regiments in total.

Attackers:
2 random Recon/Skirmisher
4 random Mobilized/Line
3 random Mechanized/Hunter
1 random Siege/Crucial
2 random Armored/Point
2 random Engineer/Support/Airborne/Wing
14 regiments in total.

Maybe this way the regiments would be more suited to combat and less limited for support roles.

What do you think?

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 12:36:30 AM »
Ok, thanks for your feedback (here and in TS), guys! Here are the changes for the next turn:

- Removed campaign ton limit. It only messes things up when people start coming/leaving while a campaign is running.
- Tonnage limit for each drops are semi-fixed now. Battle supervisors will decide it from this list:

1st drop: from 40 to 45 T per player (if 45, then 180 T if there are 4 players for each team; 225 T if there are 5 players and so on)
2nd: 50-55 T
3rd: 55-65
4th: 65-70
5th: 70-75
6th (if needed): 40-80

- Drop commanders are allowed to replace assets from the regiment they chose by cherry picking assets from other ones only if the weight of the chosen one is lower than the current drop limit. No more than a total number of 4 regiments can be used in one game, either fielded in full or used for cherry picking.

- Damaged regiments (either used for cherry picking or not) will be available after 4 drops instead of 3

Picking rules:

Attackers: No more than 2510 Tons total - from 3 to 4 regiments for each range tier
- 3 Light (Recon/Skirmisher)
- 3 Medium (Mobilized/Line)
- 2 Heavy (Mechanized/Hunter)
- 1 Assault (Siege/Crucial)
- 1 Armor (Armored/Point)
- 1 AA (Engineer/Support)
- 1 Air (Airborne/Wing)

Defenders:
ACTIVE regiments - No more than 2165 Tons, no less than 1 regiment for each range tier :
- 2 Light (Recon/Skirmisher)
- 2 Medium (Mobilized/Line)
- 2 Heavy (Mechanized/Hunter)
- 1 Assault (Siege/Crucial)
- 1 AA (Engineer/Support)
- 1 Air (Airborne/Wing)

BUNKER regiments
- 1 Medium (Mobilized/Line)

EDIT: I will also add some new maps in the list.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:49:28 AM by Starch1ld »

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 02:11:24 AM »
I like the idea of cherry picking assets to bring the tonnage up to the limit. Unfortunately, I just thought of a consequence. People might take advantage of this to make more powerful/more synergistic drop lists. That kind of defeats the purpose of the regiment system. The regiment system is supposed to be easy and quick, but instead we could see the same kind of minmaxing behavior that has been seen in previous planetary leagues and tournaments.

Restricting drop commanders to only picking from regiments that are within the tonnage maximum of the drop is a good idea to lessen this effect, but I don't know if it goes far enough.

Edit: Also, the total tonnage for a fleet of 12 regiments is 2510 or less.
The total tonnage for regiments on a planet is 2165 plus ????? for the 2 bunker regiments.

Edit: Also, here is an idea for an Event Card: Teamspeak spy. Battle supervisor or someone else relays info gathered over the enemy teamspeak.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see what people think about the new version of the field guide/rule book and where it could still be improved. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrKNaq3iOIq4j2lVL1lUT3sQogwnvDA72Ryw6YFo09I/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:53:00 AM by Warlord Kentax »
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 12:57:25 PM »
I like the idea of cherry picking assets to bring the tonnage up to the limit. Unfortunately, I just thought of a consequence. People might take advantage of this to make more powerful/more synergistic drop lists.
Yes, but the BV system prevents that (more or less...)

That kind of defeats the purpose of the regiment system. The regiment system is supposed to be easy and quick, but instead we could see the same kind of minmaxing behavior that has been seen in previous planetary leagues and tournaments.
Maybe, but it has been proven that sticking with the original regiments is all but quick: people still take their time for building droplists. Plus, if there are more than 4 players, a drop commander should still cherry pick assets from another regiment, so in this case is a total failure. This is an idea for a new rule, but I'm still not sure about it:

- Time allowed for building droplist: 1 min and 15 seconds per player. If a team leader runs out of time, he will be assigned 1 or 2 (or 3) random regiments (lighter than the drop limit) from his pool, and he will have 1 minute to cherry pick assets, if there are more than 4 players. If no regiments lighter than the drop limit are available in his pool, he will have to cherry pick assets from the lightest regiments available in his pool.

What does it means? If there are 4 players, the time limit for building the droplist is 5 min; if there are 6 players, the time limit is 7:30. If 8, time limit is 10.
If a team leader runs out of time, there are 4 players per team and the drop limit is 240T, he will be assigned 1 regiment which weighs 240T or less.
If there are 5 players per team, it's kinda the same: he will be assigned 2 random regiments under 240T and he will have 1 time to cherry pick assets.
If there are 4 players per team, but all of the regiments in his pool are heavier than the limit, he will be assigned the lightest regiment available in his pool plus one more to cherry pick light assets from so his droplist can stay within the drop limits.

Sounds complicated, but I think that a dynamic time limit for building droplist is the best solution, and honestly I think that sticking to the original regiment could be used as a "punishment" for drop commanders who take too much time to build their droplist  ;D

Restricting drop commanders to only picking from regiments that are within the tonnage maximum of the drop is a good idea to lessen this effect, but I don't know if it goes far enough.

Edit: Also, the total tonnage for a fleet of 12 regiments is 2510 or less.
The total tonnage for regiments on a planet is 2165 plus ????? for the 2 bunker regiments.

Edit: Also, here is an idea for an Event Card: Teamspeak spy. Battle supervisor or someone else relays info gathered over the enemy teamspeak.

Edit: Also, I'd like to see what people think about the new version of the field guide/rule book and where it could still be improved. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lrKNaq3iOIq4j2lVL1lUT3sQogwnvDA72Ryw6YFo09I/edit?usp=sharing
Well yes, it could be a good idea to help solving the main problem. Maybe you should add that rule, it makes sense. And if all of the regiments in a pool are heavier than the limit, the drop commander will be assigned the lightest regiment available in his pool plus one more to cherry pick light assets from so his droplist can stay within the drop limits (like the rule I just wrote)

- Tonnage limit for planets is 2165, but the tonnage of the bunker regiments is not counted in that limit
- Good idea for event card, but how do we do that, if a BV plays for a team? Plus, it would not work as intended, because the players of the other team would know that there is a spy, and so they would use the team chat for important informations  :-\

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:40:17 PM »
- Good idea for event card, but how do we do that, if a BV plays for a team? Plus, it would not work as intended, because the players of the other team would know that there is a spy, and so they would use the team chat for important informations  :-\

Still sounds interesting, even if it happened that way.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
 time of need, I raise this topic from ethernal oblivion!

Generally, I have an idea of how to improve the Chaos march experience by reducing time between battles and even out the dropdeck building skills a bit.

My idea is to implement semi-random droplist generator.

How would it look like from the perspective of a player? Your team knows the map they will be playing. Then, the battle supervisor give you and your team 5-7 droplists to choose from on one single map. You choose the one you see fit and assign mechs to players, then charge in battle.

How shoulg generator work in order not to enrage people, but to provide fun matches? It should make balanced configs!
For now, I see tonnage and asset price level as best indicators of asset effectiveness. However, thEClaw is working his miracles with the generator's core and we will be able to use weapons as criteria too, creating longer and shorter range droplists with the generator! So, no Arrow4s on Thunderrift also.

There are 2 more bonuses from that calc:
1) Lowering requirements for dropcom droplist building skills.
2) Reducing time between drops.

So, all in all the dropcalc will use price and tonnage, adding a bit of weapon requirements when needed.

I wish to try random generated lists since they may provide fun experience.

I look forward to your replies!

Offline Pabst

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:55:35 AM »
I think the random generated droplists would be possibly workable. You would have to do many lists, multiple random lists for each number of players etc. It would certainly allow for many many games to be played.
The main complaint that I can see is that people would complain that the droplists are not balanced. I suppose you could bring the battle value into play here in an attempt to balance them. I would certainly be willing to give it a try.

However, my opinion is that this will bring about the same situation that was caused when we attempted to use cards and regiments etc. There will be feelings of dissatisfaction due to the perceived  unfairness of a match
because the drop commanders are unable to pick their own lists. If you loose when you've picked your own list you have no one but yourself to blame and less bitching ensues.

My feeling is that more time spent between matches leads to better quality matches. The battles that we've been having over the last month or so are by far the best we've seen in the entire chaos march series (Much props to the ELH and other players that have joined in). I feel that the constant changes to the rules that we were making led to much frustration by the players and the organizers of the event. Perhaps we could do a trial run of new rules outside the main event times to get a feel for it. If we all felt that a change was an improvement we could then post to inform all of the players and make the changes.

;) 8)

Offline Pabst

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 06:21:37 AM »
One thing I think that we could do is have a mini tournament of 2 v 2 or 1 v 1 battles between chaos march games. Everyone could spectate them and place bets. This would pas the time for the other players while the drop commanders build their lists.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 07:56:19 AM »
Concerning "picking your own list":
I have been thinking about an additional thing you could do with droplists: Lance-/Clan-leaders could come up with the basic requirements for the drop-lists (mass, tonnage, maybe something like "no Arrow IV"...basic things), in mutual agreement. Then each lance-leader could come up with a couple additional requirements ("no Solitaires", "at least 3 'Mechs with Gauss/PPC", "no Tanks") to tune the random droplist for their personal strategic ideas. This way the outcome would be semi-random at best - and should you really need a Gauss in your lance and you are given that Uziel variant that carries two light Gauss...I think that is part of the fun (unless you just say "no Uziels", but due to the limited amount of assets in MWLL you should not add too many criteria or the generator will take ages to generate a single list).

Offline BuRNeR

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
Ok, now my opinion  to this.
I donīt think the randomdrops will work, because it is really close to our old regiment system, but I do agree that the downtime is a problem.

I would like to see a small tournament between the rounds like Pabst said before.
Maybe with a small price for the winner.
We can do a 1 vs 1 and the winner gets a free mech/tank after the tournament. This mech/tank will count in bv and weight for the drop.
The weightclass and bv should be called by the battlesupervisor. We can also do the tournament with defender and attacker seperated and then the final match with the winner of each side. Then we can make a shortcut if we were quick with the main droplists and just call for each side the personal champion for a final fight. The maps should be the tsa versions of the sa maps from the last 2 vs 2 tournament.
If we have more player then 12 e.g., then we can start a 2 vs 2.

"If you want to face us, fine. But we will not hold back. Prepare to reap the whirlwind." Sarah McEvedy 8th October 2823

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 01:32:03 PM »
meh i'll just post the best solution IMO. Didn't want to share it before because reasons.
There it is

A trifecta of Cbill cost, tonnage, and BV might be the solution as BV and tonnage has gotten fairly close if enough effort is put into the droplist. But that has always been the problem, putting THAT much effort into a droplist on the spot is just not that fun for some people and it tends to take forever.
This is the best idea, but it needs correct implementation:

Just pre-generate random drop decks of 5 and 4 assets using this idea [BV, Tonnage and C-Bills limits], and hard lock player numbers to only 4,5,8,9,10,12,13 players per team so noone will have to build droplists. That would give more flexibility.

If a team got 8 players, for example, it would be assigned 2x 4assets decks.
If a team got 9 players, it would be assigned 1x 4asset deck and 1x 5 assets deck.

Easy.

Also, balance decks properly. They should all be balanced the same way, so ANY 4-player deck could fight against ANY 5-player one. In this way we could have asymmetrical team without problems. Limit asimmetrycal teams to: 4vs5, 8vs9 and 12vs13.
Also, avoid Shiva As and Donar As, and flying assets in general if we have less than 8 players per team.

P.S:Would be cool if you made drop decks using Clan Stars and IS Lances (clan only in 5-star decks, IS only in 4-star decks), but that would be really hard to balance.

Basically we pre-generate some hundreds of dropdecks (with 4 or 5 assets), and then assign few of them [maybe 10-15 of each size] to the teams right before the games start.
That's the idea. There is also a possibility to integrate some persistency elements.
I also have some ideas of how to implement all of this stuff in the drop calculators, but meh, got other stuff to do here.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:38:58 PM by Starch1ld »

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 06:42:20 PM »
I donīt think the randomdrops will work, because it is really close to our old regiment system.
Without any elaboration, I would dismiss that statement as "pessimistic". No idea what a "regiment system" is supposed to be.

Basically we pre-generate some hundreds of dropdecks (with 4 or 5 assets)
Depending on how "random" the lists are supposed to be, generating a couple hundred dropdecks could easily take a hundred years. We don't have enough assets in MWLL. My program is far from optimized and thus takes up to a couple minutes to generate a list with many restrictions - if you drop the limitations, you end up with decks that nobody wants to use. It's not that easy.

Since I have just been doing some work on the generator Vivicector mentioned, I wanted to give a "small" overview. Should anybody look at the lists, don't hesitate giving some feedback.

Here one set of lists, criteria as follows:
-only 'Mechs
-exactly one asset with AECM
-duplicates are slightly unlikely (about half way between "impossible" and "fully allowed")
-"Prefer assets with a weight of 75 tons - the further the weight deviates, the less 'good' the choice is." (basically use a normal distribution around some value)
-total mass of 550 tons, 92% of which have to be used at least and 97% at most (including a 1% deviation)
-total budget of 650000 CBills, again between 92% and 97% (including a 2% deviation)
-at least one light, one medium, one heavy and one assault Mech (that's four different criteria)
-only 'Mechs with either Gauss, PPC and/or lasers
-no assets with RAC (never really liked them)
Code: [Select]
10 seconds:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 109 failed tries:
        35 t,  37299 CBills, Owens G (Inner Sphere) -  - 2 LBX5, 2 ERMBL
        35 t,  49148 CBills, Puma B (Clan) -  - 2 Mgun, 1 CLBX10, 4 CERSBL, 1 CUAC5
        45 t,  50648 CBills, Hollander II D (Inner Sphere) - BAP, EOptics - 1 LtGauss, 4 AC2
        55 t,  64847 CBills, Black Lanner E (Clan) - MASC, EOptics, 2 DHS - 1 ATM9, 3 CERSBL, 1 CLBX
        60 t,  87299 CBills, Rifleman C (Inner Sphere) - BAP, EOptics, 2 HS - 2 LtGauss, 2 ERLBL
        75 t,  83898 CBills, Thanatos F (Inner Sphere) - EOptics, 2 DHS - 1 LRM20, 2 UAC5, 1 ERPPC
        85 t, 134147 CBills, Masakari D (Clan) - EOptics, 9 DHS - 2 CLPL, 2 CERMBL, 2 CSRM6, 1 CUAC2
       100 t, 128397 CBills, Atlas B (Inner Sphere) - AECM, EOptics, 4 DHS - 1 HGauss, 2 PPC, 2 SRM6
Total: 490 t, 635683 CBills

30 seconds:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 224 failed tries:
        30 t,  33648 CBills, Osiris B (Inner Sphere) - StndJJ - 1 MRM10, 1 LBX5, 2 MPL
        30 t,  36648 CBills, Osiris D (Inner Sphere) - 3 DHS - 1 SSRM4, 3 MXPL
        55 t,  77198 CBills, Black Lanner C (Clan) - AECM, MASC, 4 DHS - 1 CDSSRM4, 1 CERLBL, 2 CHML
        70 t,  87546 CBills, Avatar E (Inner Sphere) - Radar, MASC, EOptics, 5 DHS - 2 MRM20, 2 MPL,
        70 t,  98099 CBills, Thor Prime (Clan) - ImprJJ, EOptics, 6 DHS - 1 CLRM20, 1 CERPPC, 1 CLBX
        75 t,  95748 CBills, Thanatos B (Inner Sphere) - StndJJ, EOptics, 3 DHS - 2 ERMBL, 2 ERLBL,
        90 t, 109896 CBills, Mauler G (Inner Sphere) - EOptics, 4 DHS - 2 MRM20, 2 UAC10, 4 ERMBL
        90 t, 102396 CBills, Mauler Prime (Inner Sphere) - EOptics, 4 DHS - 2 LRM15, 2 ERLBL, 4 UAC2
Total: 510 t, 641179 CBills

5 seconds:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 11 failed tries:
        35 t,  40198 CBills, Owens A (Inner Sphere) - BHP, EOptics, 1 HS - 2 ELRM10, 2 SBL
        45 t,  55648 CBills, Hollander II E (Inner Sphere) - BAP, EOptics - 1 LBX20, 4 LBX2
        55 t,  77848 CBills, Black Lanner B (Clan) - C3, MASC, 5 DHS - 6 CERSBL, 1 TAG, 1 CDSRM4, 1
        65 t,  79597 CBills, Catapult D (Inner Sphere) - 1 LAMS, 6 DHS - 2 DSRM6, 4 MXPL
        65 t,  81997 CBills, Catapult Prime (Inner Sphere) - StndJJ, EOptics, 1 LAMS, 4 HS - 2 LRM20
        65 t,  90750 CBills, Loki E (Clan) - GECM, 1 DHS - 1 CSSRM6, 2 CUAC10, 2 CERMBL, 2 Mgun
        75 t,  88998 CBills, Thanatos C (Inner Sphere) - GECM, MASC, 3 DHS - 1 DSRM4, 3 SBL, 2 Flame
       100 t, 128397 CBills, Atlas B (Inner Sphere) - AECM, EOptics, 4 DHS - 1 HGauss, 2 PPC, 2 SRM6
Total: 505 t, 643433 CBills

4 minutes:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 1972 failed tries:
        35 t,  37548 CBills, Owens E (Inner Sphere) - BAP, 1 HS - 2 MRM20
        35 t,  37299 CBills, Owens G (Inner Sphere) -  - 2 LBX5, 2 ERMBL
        45 t,  55398 CBills, Hollander II B (Inner Sphere) - ImprJJ, 2 HS - 1 UAC20, 2 Flamer, 2 SPL
        65 t,  89100 CBills, Loki C (Clan) - EOptics, 2 DHS - 1 CDSRM6, 2 CLBX10, 3 CERMBL, 2 Mgun
        70 t,  95600 CBills, Warhammer A (Inner Sphere) - BHP, GECM, EOptics, 1 LAMS - 1 ELRM15, 2 L
        75 t,  88248 CBills, Thanatos D (Inner Sphere) - GECM, 3 DHS - 1 DSRM6, 3 MPL, 1 LBX20
        80 t, 104095 CBills, Awesome C (Inner Sphere) - GECM, EOptics, 15 HS - 4 PPC
Total: 505 t, 635685 CBills

And here a couple lists where I replaced the the weapon-requirements with "at least an LBX10, LBX20, UAC10, UAC20, Gauss, MRM or NARC":
1 minute:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 983 failed tries:
        25 t,  29599 CBills, Solitaire G (Clan) - Radar - 2 CERSBL, 1 CUAC10
        30 t,  39848 CBills, Uller G (Clan) -  - 1 CSRM6, 2 CHSL, 1 CUAC10
        50 t,  67597 CBills, Uziel E (Inner Sphere) - MASC, StndJJ, EOptics, 6 DHS - 1 NARC, 2 LPL
        60 t,  70649 CBills, Rifleman B (Inner Sphere) - EOptics - 2 Mgun, 2 LBX10, 2 AC5
        70 t, 100222 CBills, Thor F (Clan) - StndJJ, 6 DHS - 1 CDSSRM6, 1 CHLL, 1 CLBX20
        75 t,  88998 CBills, Thanatos C (Inner Sphere) - GECM, MASC, 3 DHS - 1 DSRM4, 3 SBL, 2 Flame
        90 t, 109896 CBills, Mauler G (Inner Sphere) - EOptics, 4 DHS - 2 MRM20, 2 UAC10, 4 ERMBL
Total: 500 t, 635206 CBills

1 second:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 93 failed tries:
        30 t,  33648 CBills, Osiris B (Inner Sphere) - StndJJ - 1 MRM10, 1 LBX5, 2 MPL
        45 t,  55648 CBills, Hollander II E (Inner Sphere) - BAP, EOptics - 1 LBX20, 4 LBX2
        55 t,  66600 CBills, Bushwacker B (Inner Sphere) - 1 LAMS - 1 SRM6, 1 SRM6, 2 SPL, 1 MPL, 1 LBX20
        60 t,  70649 CBills, Rifleman B (Inner Sphere) - EOptics - 2 Mgun, 2 LBX10, 2 AC5
        70 t, 100222 CBills, Thor F (Clan) - StndJJ, 6 DHS - 1 CDSSRM6, 1 CHLL, 1 CLBX20
        70 t,  92000 CBills, Warhammer F (Inner Sphere) - 1 LAMS - 2 RAC5, 2 MBL, 1 LBX10
        75 t,  88998 CBills, Thanatos C (Inner Sphere) - GECM, MASC, 3 DHS - 1 DSRM4, 3 SBL, 2 Flamer, 1 UAC20
Total: 505 t, 636162 CBills

2 minutes:
Picked the following assets (8/8 in total) after 1694 failed tries:
        30 t,  39223 CBills, Uller B (Clan) -  - 1 CDSRM4, 3 CSPL, 1 CLBX10
        35 t,  37548 CBills, Owens E (Inner Sphere) - BAP, 1 HS - 2 MRM20
        45 t,  60198 CBills, Hollander II A (Inner Sphere) - MASC, EOptics - 1 HGauss, 4 SBL
        65 t,  75497 CBills, Catapult B (Inner Sphere) - ImprJJ, 6 HS - 2 MRM30, 4 ERSBL
        70 t,  95600 CBills, Warhammer A (Inner Sphere) - BHP, GECM, EOptics, 1 LAMS - 1 ELRM15, 2 L
        70 t,  88250 CBills, Warhammer D (Inner Sphere) - EOptics - 1 LRM15, 1 UAC10, 1 ERPPC, 2 MBL
        75 t,  96799 CBills, Thanatos Prime (Inner Sphere) - GECM, C3, StndJJ, 6 DHS - 1 MRM30, 2 ER
Total: 490 t, 621512 CBills

Everything can be configured in an .ini-file, e.g. the last weapons-restriction looked like this:
[weapons]
criterion=weapons
criterion_type=Checklist
inverse=false
matchFixedStrings=false
softness=0
values=lbx20, uac20, lbx10, uac10, gauss, mrm, narc
There is a lot of room for crazy ideas, although (currently) there is no way of melting several criteria to get something like "at least one light 'Mech with a Gauss and ECM". At least I think there is no way.

Also, I am still lacking a proper interface for the program. Right now it's just a window with a single button. And a "File"-menu. In theory there would be a lot of possibilities to continue, but even if it was just for the fun of coding something MWLL-related again, I wouldn't mind.

(Sorry for the super-long post, I just didn't want to waste those lists.^^)

EDIT: Some of the total masses and prices of the shown drop-lists are a little off, I had the rejecting line of code commented out since I was testing something - and forgot about it of course. (Same goes for the cut-off of the weapons-lists, I had the output restricted to 100 characters per line). Sorry.