Author Topic: Chaos March - Feedback Thread  (Read 8525 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Re: Chaos March - Feedback Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 07:48:43 AM »
Partisan E is rated 1 at 50 tons. If it was 80 tons, its rating should be probably -2, since there is no way a Partisan E can kill an Awesome, a Morrigu or a Demolisher :)
The Partisan could get a BV of 1, what's wrong with that? I don't think BV should be related to weight, it's called "battle value" after all. Having three completely independent criteria to measure an assets worth should easily result in balanced lists, even without balancing the criteria against one another.

I can't now, i'm on mobile :P.
What OS? I could try to compile a mobile version.^^

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 12:12:46 PM »
Partisan E is rated 1 at 50 tons. If it was 80 tons, its rating should be probably -2, since there is no way a Partisan E can kill an Awesome, a Morrigu or a Demolisher :)
The Partisan could get a BV of 1, what's wrong with that? I don't think BV should be related to weight, it's called "battle value" after all. Having three completely independent criteria to measure an assets worth should easily result in balanced lists, even without balancing the criteria against one another.
The criteria are not completely independent actually. The prices are mostly in line with the tonnages after all (except for some cases like Morrigu E/D)
Maybe I forgot a little word. The BV is also related to weight. Didn't ask yourself why a RACwacker is rated 4, while the Warhammer F, which is basically the same build, is rated 2?  :P

What OS? I could try to compile a mobile version.^^
Android Lollipop :P

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »
The criteria are not completely independent actually.
I know, and that is fine. But you want to make them more dependent, or maybe even interchangeable due to being used to having to deal with the criteria separately until now. Once they are all thrown together, they shouldn't need any further supervision, though. (But since you will make your decision anyway and I am not even able to play the game, we can just let this issue rest^^.)

Android Lollipop :P
Got an Android myself, I might take a look into getting the generator run on my phone on the weekend. It's probably not useful, but I want to get my feet wet with that anyway.

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-19
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
 :o for what particular balance reason we don't have RACwackers on disposal for chaos marches  ??? ?

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +219/-0
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2015, 12:30:07 PM »
:o for what particular balance reason we don't have RACwackers on disposal for chaos marches  ??? ?

Hi! This is an interesting question. The Warthog has been available to at least one faction in Turns 7-4, 8-1, and 8-2. Some of them had two Warthogs. But none were used in battle. The Warthog is rated 4 of a maximum 5 battle value. So you still might see it soon.  8)

On another note, I am targeting 19:00 GMT for the random test today. Hop on the team speak to participate.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 03:35:00 PM »
On another note, I am targeting 19:00 GMT for the random test today. Hop on the team speak to participate.
Will you be using the generator I wrote? If so, let me know how that went (and should you have questions regarding the setup of the generator, drop me a PM).

Offline Silvercraft

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
Just a quick idea or two how to make the starmap more relevant...

what if planetary battles could give rewards too?
Win minimum of 2 battles during one campaign (so even losing side can gets something) and you can change one asset variant during next campaign?

What if planets had different value set to them?
We have neutral planets, faction controlled normal planets and faction district capital planets (= 2 original planets every faction had).  Conquering a neutral planet would give smaller reward than normal faction planet and capitals would give even bigger bonus. Maybe neutral planet victory lets you swap light stuff, normal planet lets you swap medium stuff or 2 assets and so on...

I know that this kind on idea would have worked bettert when we had more factions and more neutral planets but whatever..   :)

We are trying to move towards pre-created random drop lists and at the same time we have 2vs2 rewards, so soon we may have the original regiments system back (random drop lists) with aux/event cards (2vs 2 rewards and maybe planetary battle rewards too)   8)

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 07:45:53 AM »
Who the hell did write and assign the new asset pools after I left?

They are completely retarded: yesterday I was assigned in a team where we had only 2 Mediocres Awesomes, a Novacat, a Loki and a Solitaire.
The enemy team had 1 IHG Fafnir, 2 Morrigus and even 1 heavy laser Epona. We had none of this stuff available in our pool, except for the shittiest Morrigu.
The heaviest assets we had in the pool were the MK2 Prime and an Atlas Prime. Not even comparable with an IHG Fafnir.

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2015, 06:44:51 AM »
Who the hell did write and assign the new asset pools after I left?

They are completely retarded: yesterday I was assigned in a team where we had only 2 Mediocres Awesomes, a Novacat, a Loki and a Solitaire.
The enemy team had 1 IHG Fafnir, 2 Morrigus and even 1 heavy laser Epona. We had none of this stuff available in our pool, except for the shittiest Morrigu.
The heaviest assets we had in the pool were the MK2 Prime and an Atlas Prime. Not even comparable with an IHG Fafnir.
well only keeping those three stacked (mori+faf+mori) would grant a '"kill_em_all" (tm) ticket in an CM event

and non ELH teams severely lack the glue of plan+lead+team-play for one reason or the other  ::)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
Lol at ELH needing Fafnirs to accomplish anything.

Brings back fond memories.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52:40 AM »
Here are some of the things being looked at for the event. Feedback on this stuff or anything else always welcome. The random system lists were modified to allow flying stuff and anti air systems. A time limit has been implemented to drop list creation. Some changes are coming down the road to bv and the starmap.  See you all Saturday  8)

1) APC currently weights 25 tons, has a bv of 4, and comes with 5 total lives for the APC pilot. The high 4 bv value out of 5 was implemented when APC had unlimited respawns.   This proposal suggests changing this to 25 tons, bv 2, and 3 total lives for the APC pilot. There would also be a heavy APC variant weighing 35 tons, bv 3, and 5 total lives for APC pilot. Only the  heavy APC would  allow refill of ammo

2) If we do not implement 2 tier APC system, should APC bv value be reduced from bv 4 to bv 3?

3) Should dead pilots be able to use up one of the respawn lives if their team take an APC into battle? Current rules only allow 4 respawns for only the APC pilot.

4) Should Terrain Control be introduced as a game mode for Chaos March drops?

5) Should the same map be played multiple times during a campaign?

6) Should latecomers to a map be allowed to participate by implementing a system of mechs to quickly assign one to the players? Faction leaders would choose from 4 mechs from a list to quickly let the extra players on the map.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:36:10 PM by duelist »

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 09:44:15 AM »
I would opt for APC with 5 multi-spawns and BV4.0 @35 tonnes (sounds about right, ammo refill coupled with the AMS while piloted).

The good question is: shall we allow re-spawns of killed mech-pilots (multi-spawns)?

Pro: faster re-spawns while an strike /counter strike (while storming/rushing a team) that could timber-down a heavy asset with 3+BAs which was proven deadly on trial (benben's 5xSA vs 1xDaishi trial - the same five (in single original spawn) BAs destroyed quite few single attacking mechs in a row  8) )

Counter: 3xBA is an asset that is potentially "heavy-er" than each single assault-mech (BAs=assault-killer), not to mention 5xBA

Shall we (dis-)allow re-armament of BA while spawned (BH-MG vs AC2 vs TAG vs uBLaser while holding BA-PPC) or not? I opt for allowing to re-equip at APC

Yes the initially not crewed-up multi-player (the multi-spawns version) APC would allow late comers to opt for it or get a mech.

While doing so would change the BV dramatically:

As how it stands now, the APC usually ends with unused lives/spawns of the single operator (i used twice an APC on marches)

Multi-pilot-APC would be most fair valued with BV 3 or more (above the 2xRAC5 Bushwacker  :o ) and should be inline with and twin UAC20  :o Mauler or the like? I opt for 4.0.

And we could use an 25 ton variant of and single pilot APC 3 spawns and BV 2 (or 1) (scout /TAG role)

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
Ballot 2 Results
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
Here are the results of the second council vote.

1) yes 5-1
2) yes 6-0
3) no 5-1
4) yes 5-1 Only for test-permanent vote after test
5) yes 5-2 Test requested
6) 5-1 test requested (testing has occurred)

Hey all! The ballots are in for the second council vote. APC will eventually have a light and heavy variant available for testing soon. For now, the regular APC will be reduced from BV 4 to BV 3. Dead pilots will remain dead as only the APC pilot will be allowed to use the respawns. Terrain Control will be setup for a test as an alternate mode to drops in the event. The first small test will take place this weekend between drops. A later test will consist of a full battle in TC. The same map may now be played a few times in a row. A test will be setup to see what it is like to repeat the maps. The list of mechs assigned to latecomers will be implemented immediately into the Chaos March. This method of enabling players to participate has worked well the past few weekends.

The next steps for the event will include revisiting the battle values assigned to assets and improving the meta game through the starmap. A public meeting will be held soon to re-balance some of the assets. That same meeting will determine the specific directions to improve the starmap.

This weekend brings the conclusion to the campaign on Shipka. The rest of the campaigns will be using the random system this weekend. Play resumes Saturday at 16:00 UTC.

Offline Marlin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-15
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »
Hello, is there enough room in the random system to allow for non-Mechs on a regular scale? I did not follow the last weeks, so I am curious if I could still participate as a non Mechie. (almost equally bad as in a Mech but more comfortable for me. :D)

Good that it is still rolling, though. Greets.
Watch "Save the Supers" you will get some laughs in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYvc6E-Wjbo

Should I ever be listed at the top of my team, then we have a serious problem.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2015, 10:11:06 PM »
Last week we had at last two Oros, a Chevalier, an Ares, and maybe some others.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html