Author Topic: My Maulers  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
My Maulers
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »
So we have the Awesome. It's fast. We have the Atlas. It's slow, but it gets into close quarters combat plenty often. So why do we need the Mauler, a mostly ranged mech, to be as fast as an Atlas? Slower Mauler wouldn't be all that bad.

The Mauler gets shot through the side torso almost every time, so here is my solution: STANDARD ENGINE!

Now we could just pop in a Standard 190 and all the variants would be left intact as the Standard 190 weighs the same as the current XL 270. But the Standard 190 only goes 34 kph in a Mauler. Yeah, that's just a bit too slow. So I picked the Standard 230. It weighs 3 more tons than the XL 270 meaning I have to strip 3 tons off of every Mauler.

The Standard 230 goes 41 kph, by the way. (The XL 270 goes 49 kph)

The new:

Mauler Prime
2 LRM10, 2 ERLBL, 4 UAC2, 4 DHS, BAP, Eoptics
(Removed 2 LRM15, added 2 LRM10, added BAP)

Mauler A
1 ELRM15, 1 ELRM20, 2 LtGauss, 4 SBL, BHP, GECM, 2 HS, Eoptics, 4 Free Tons
(Removed 1 ELRM20, removed 4 Mgun, added 1 ELRM15, added 4 SBL, added GECM)

Mauler B
2 LRM20, 2 ERPPC, 4 LBX2, 3 DHS, Eoptics, 2 Free Tons
(Removed 4 AC2s, removed BAP, added 4 LBX2)

Mauler C
2 DSRM4, 2 UAC20, 4 SBL, GECM, 6 DHS, 2 Free Tons
(Removed Extra Ton of Armor, removed 2 Free Tons)

Mauler D
2 MRM40, 2 LPL, 4 SXPL, 7 DHS, 1 Extra Ton of Armor, 2 Free Tons
(Removed 2 ERPPC, removed Eoptics, removed 2 Extra Tons of Armor, added 2 LPL, added 1 DHS, added standard optics)

Mauler E
2 DSSRM6, 2 LBX20, 4 SBL, GECM, 0 HS, 2 Extra Tons of Armor, 2 Free Tons
(Removed 4 SPL, removed 2 Free Tons, added 4 SBL, added GECM)

Mauler G
2 Gauss, 2 LRM5, 4 ERMBL, 3 DHS, Eoptics, 4 Free Tons
(Removed 2 UAC10, removed 2 MRM20, removed 1 DHS, removed standard optics, added Eoptics, added 2 Gauss, added 2 LRM5, added 2 Free Tons)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:14:38 AM by Warlord Kentax »
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
Re: My Maulers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:03:49 PM »
I don't know if editing the Assets is possible, but the Mauler is a mech with XL in the Lore, and while MWLL changed much of the Lore, they kept the stock speeds of the assets.
Yeah, Mauler has a side torso problem, largely bacause of the model with these high rising missle launchers. Best Solution would be: Treat the launchers as externals like the launchers of the Buschwacker or the Mad Cat. Uziel need this also with his huge hulls eye launcher over the cockpit.
But development stopped, and nothing about this could be done, i think.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »
I don't know if editing the Assets is possible, but the Mauler is a mech with XL in the Lore, and while MWLL changed much of the Lore, they kept the stock speeds of the assets.
Yeah, Mauler has a side torso problem, largely bacause of the model with these high rising missle launchers. Best Solution would be: Treat the launchers as externals like the launchers of the Buschwacker or the Mad Cat. Uziel need this also with his huge hulls eye launcher over the cockpit.
But development stopped, and nothing about this could be done, i think.

They changed the speed of the Awesome.

Yeah, making them externals is best, but there is 1 canon variant with a standard engine and 1, other, questionably canon variant with a standard engine.

MAL-2R
The 2R variant of the Mauler uses relatively new weapons. The standard AC/2s are replaced with Ultra versions thereby doubling their potential damage. Paired ER Medium Lasers are fitted in arms formerly housing the ER Large Lasers. The missile launchers are reduced to smaller LRM-10s. A heavier standard fusion engine is utilized instead of the expensive XL. BV (2.0) = 1,586

MAL-1PT5
A low-tech version of the Mauler for the arenas of the Solaris Games that is built completely from stock Succession Wars era technology. It mounts only standard heat sinks instead of double heat sinks, standard armor instead of ferro-fibrous armor, and no CASE. Most importantly, it has a standard engine instead of an XL engine. The increased mass of the engine neccessitates the downgrading of the lasers to Medium Lasers on both arms. To make good for the downgraded technology level, a twelfth standard heat sink was added as well as an additional ton of armor. The armor was also rearranged to provide even better protection to the front torso sections, at the cost of armor to the rear torso sections and arms. (The canonicity of this design is questionable, as it was only published in the German edition of the Solaris VII Boxed Set. It is identical to the Linesman in all but name.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:55:46 PM by Warlord Kentax »

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:59:11 PM »
I think Dual Streak SRM launchers are Clan tech only.  I could be wrong.  You could probably fit two launchers to a torso though. 

Don't fapp with the Prime, BTW!!

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:33:25 AM »
I think Dual Streak SRM launchers are Clan tech only.  I could be wrong.  You could probably fit two launchers to a torso though. 

Don't fapp with the Prime, BTW!!

I didn't add the DSSRM 6s, they were already on the Mauler E.

I'm not sure what to do with the Mauler Prime. I have to take 3 tons off of somewhere. I could remove the 2 extra tons of ammo and strip a ton of armor instead of dropping the UAC2s in favor of AC2s.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:13:56 AM by Warlord Kentax »

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 06:32:48 AM »
New changes: Gave the Mauler Prime it's UAC2s back but had to sacrifice all of the free tons and drop the LRM15s down to LRM10s.

Gave the Mauler G 2 more free tons of ammo and changed the MRM10s to LRM5s.

I LOVE LRM5s !

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 07:04:13 AM »
They are great for annoying annoying ASF as well.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:54:30 PM »
I tested some Maulers because of this tread. I like em with XL engine. Most of the time, I got my CT removed anyway. And they fell good at 54 kph.