i had this idea:
put mechs in deep space for simultaneous combat and survival:
once deployed even the most seasoned pilot should be immersed in shock and awe of the surrounding alone:
- dark sky full of stars (vacuum in deep space)
- nearby sun (standard canon jumpoints) ravaging the mechs skin in sparks and radiation (upon light)
- scarce gravity force allowing tremendous jumps with dangerous downfall impacts in pure vacuum (leave some juice for before impact)
- the map scatered over two dropships (one Aegis class and one Invader class) missjumped close to each other (27km radius breached) and debris (battle islands) in between hanging mids vacuum and above the terryfying abyss
Primary objective: get to the other ships jump's drive and fuse it for self destruction (in order to be able to jump away)
Secondary objective: protect your own jump drive to be able to flee once the other drive is out of way
Bonus: maintain in between bases for mid-route re-spawn and deployment
Debry: jumpable islands of dereclict dropships and sections of them (there come ideas)
Surround: zero gravity, weak "magnetic" pull towards the star "below", force near 10% (or less) of 1G (Terra=100%)
-arming the jump drive should be possible only as BA (5 seconds of holding interact key), unaming also - fuse is 45 sec (about 150% (?) of single respawn time),
-or just flood it with C8 and follow damage?
-Or just capture main base?
to reach the furthest jump gap (on this map) one should jump in an iJJ mech, power it down "mid-air", leave it (undeploy it self) and then, just before it descents too low jump off it as BA
This should be an alternate path to the other "normally" jumpable path (no easy day this one).
the map should be tactically balanced for optimal gameplay
"sloped low hills" (structures),
"sloped trenches" (structures),
explosions (sudden venting of installations),
moving debry (radar antennae, things, turrets),
moving terrain (hatches, collars, sections, islands)
by making it symetrical in a not plainly obviuos
1. No mech allowed inside jump drive area
2. tracks usefull as last line only (obviously)
3. no mech spawn-points besides main bases (or?)
4. capturable main bases (
) (or not?)
5. middle map jumpship (2x in TC) base able to spawn (or not) and what
I'm open to sugestions...
Would this be fun?