Author Topic: Map suggestion: yet another jump wreck space combat revisited  (Read 4919 times)

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
Re: Map suggestion: yet another jump wreck space combat revisited
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
Kind thanks lads, you are as luke-warm water is any sore feet  8)

Yes, TC_Underground has a great hall and smallish buildings with (once upon a time) working elevators.

This map, and TSA_Extremity where my initial inspirations.

Today I played with sandbox some more and got the elevators working in game too (!)

However, they seem to be bugged: the slanted ones, when start moving just loose "physics" and the BA falls behind or gets "ghosted over"?

I'm at a total loss here, probably they need be encapsulated so the engine "sees" them as moving bodies?

All in all, I consider my work on Aegis done here, as all that matters is present (asset wise)

I think I will delve into rigging the Invader slowly, and may seek someone actually knowledgeable of the process of making a map from the scratch?

Tools used:
Blender 2.78b (initial art) with CryBlend (or BCry tool) for mesh optimizations
Blender 2.49b (cgf export works via PyFFI via ColladaCGI (Python 2.6.6) to CryEngine 2)
3dsMax2009 (v11) works 32 out of the box, 64 after minor tweaks (cga export, anm export to CryEngine2)
Win7_x64_SP1 for testing and Sandbox2 editor.
CryMOD_tools1.1 (with v11 support for 3dsMax)

Any other tools might work for art, but most probably will fail to export the needed files for CryEngine2, YMMV.

attached:Aegis's 400m landing strip (BA standing on the outer gate's edge)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:38:46 PM by cest73 »

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)