Author Topic: Chaos March 2v2 Tournament sponsored by Wolverines Rebirth  (Read 4435 times)

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +219/-0
Chaos March 2v2 Tournament sponsored by Wolverines Rebirth
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »
Remember this? http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20367.0.html 8)

Saturday 1st campaign, players will use the Bushwacker E. Winning faction receives a single Bushwacker E for the following campaign.
2nd campaign, players will use the Madcat E. Winning faction receives a single Madcat E for the following campaign.
3rd campaign, players will use two ba with one apc. Infinite respawns until one of the  apc is destroyed. The winning faction will receive a single apc for the following campaign. BrokenVista will be the map.

Server
Wolverines Rebirth (sponsored by Wolverines Rebirth wr-clan.no-ip.org)
The Huntress Network (sponsored by SJ sj.mwmaster.net)

Communications
Teamspeak: wr-clan.no-ip.org (sponsored by Wolverines Rebirth)
backup: mwll.mwmaster.net teamspeak

Time
Saturday/Sunday 24/25 January
Between Chaos March drops.
10 minute time limit.

Format
All players will take the same mech variant.
One map each round.
Each faction will send 2 pilots. Faction leader has final decision on pilots chosen.
Fight occurs immediately following conclusion of Chaos March drop.
Faction leaders not eligible to participate unless drop list is finished ahead of time
Faction with most victories at end of campaign is awarded one mech for the following campaign.

Maps
TSA_BrokenVista
http://mw-ll.org/maps/TSA/TSA_Vista.zip
TSA_Helsgate
http://mw-ll.org/maps/TSA/TSA_HelsGate.zip
TSA_Jungle
http://mw-ll.org/maps/TSA/TSA_Jungle.zip
TSA_Glory
http://mw-ll.org/maps/TSA/TSA_Glory.zip
TSA_Forestvalleyv2
http://mw-ll.org/maps/TSA/TSA_ForestValleyV2.zip

Scoring
Winners awarded 3 points
Tie each team awarded 1 points
Loser awarded 0 points

Results

12VR Benben 2-5
BKS Bayard 0-2
BKS Cesare 1-2
BKS Django 9-3-2
BKS Starch1ld 1-2
Bob 1-3
CC Blasto 0-0-1
Chezzar 1-0
Dollarovich 8-3
ELH Gpaul 3-1
ELH Hmit 0-1
ELH Imp   2-0
ELH Killthemall 6-1
ELH Vivicector 3-0
ELH Mr.Gray 1-1
Fractura Laniatus 1-4
Impulse 0-0-1
Ivaan  2-2
Palantir 4-1-1
Proxema 4-2-1
Pulverisator-EX 0-1
RDL Burya 3-1
RDL Maks063 0-0-1
RDL Vitos 4-1
Russa 0-2
Silberwolf 1-0
Silvercraft 0-0-1
Silvercraft 0-1
SJ Duelist 8-14-3
SJ Pabst Can 0-1
SJ Red 1-8-2
Vic Viper 1-0-1
Cookie 0-1
AntaresOne 2-2
WR Burner 10-3-2
Firehound 0-3
Melerski 0-1
KOS Invictus 1-0
Ripley 0-1

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:18:36 AM by duelist »

Offline BuRNeR

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
Re: Chaos March 2v2 Tournament sponsored by Wolverines Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:22:15 AM »
Yay, the first price will be a bushy :)

"If you want to face us, fine. But we will not hold back. Prepare to reap the whirlwind." Sarah McEvedy 8th October 2823

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:24:57 PM »
Server
I would strongly suggest to not use it. Packet loss on Huntress is just too high for official events. Too much warping.
If you need a decent server like my home one (which was even used even by Clan Wolf for their ASF tournament, so it means it's not that bad after all) while Zoidberg's one is used for other stuff, you just need to ask  ::)

Offline Chezzar

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 04:12:27 PM »
Interesting tourney mode...no one could win because he take the better assets. Folks, time to get familliar with those assets.

Offline BuRNeR

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
Server
I would strongly suggest to not use it. Packet loss on Huntress is just too high for official events. Too much warping.
If you need a decent server like my home one (which was even used even by Clan Wolf for their ASF tournament, so it means it's not that bad after all) while Zoidberg's one is used for other stuff, you just need to ask  ::)

We have tested now the [W-R] Server and it worked pretty well till now. I think this will be the official 2 vs 2 server.

"If you want to face us, fine. But we will not hold back. Prepare to reap the whirlwind." Sarah McEvedy 8th October 2823

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »
We have tested now the [W-R] Server and it worked pretty well till now. I think this will be the official 2 vs 2 server.
As long as it isn't a CAC server it's fine :)

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:16 PM »
Great idea! ;D
NBT-HC ELH

Offline Vic-Viper.v1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-3
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 11:36:55 PM »
Problem with that  is CAC works fine for us , But only the russians seem to have problems with it. then on there server We get  all the packet loss, I think proper solution will be to devide up the players with good ping and place half of them on one team and half on the other and same for players with the bad ping ... half on one team half on other  to keep things fair, Blameing the server's that  are subject to a distance ratio causeing Packet loss is not the issue at hand, Western plays dont have theas problems on CAC servers

Star  you really need to stop Down playing/Bad mouthing  things if you disagree with them, its gettign rediculas the childish ways your going around things latly Please stop !

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-19
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »
looking at the proposed options looks like a sniper match?
 :o
with a sniper prize?
 ???

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • hi
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 04:48:40 AM »
Problem with that  is CAC works fine for us , But only the russians seem to have problems with it. then on there server We get  all the packet loss
Vic, if you don't actually know how a thing works, just don't talk about it.
The thing you said is completely unrelated with packet loss. It happens if somebody's ping is high, not if the packet loss is high.
If somebody's ping is higher than the average, then the server struggles more, and everyone start to see some warps. And that's normal.

The problem of the packet loss on CAC servers is server-side. It means that their network is of bad quality. I know it because I even own one of them. Everyone is affected by this problem, not only the Russians, and the more players are connected, the more this problem becomes evident. Doesn't matter where the players come from.
You don't have any problems? Well, it's your server! Of course you are telling us it doesn't have any problems!

I think proper solution will be to devide up the players with good ping and place half of them on one team and half on the other and same for players with the bad ping ... half on one team half on other  to keep things fair
That is not going to solve anything. It would create only more problems instead, because of language barrier

Blameing the server's that  are subject to a distance ratio causeing Packet loss is not the issue at hand, Western plays dont have theas problems on CAC servers
Maybe it's less evident because of their better ping, but, as I said, the problem is server-side.

Star  you really need to stop Down playing/Bad mouthing  things if you disagree with them, its gettign rediculas the childish ways your going around things latly Please stop !
Am I disagreeing with something here? No, I'm just making suggestions
Also, define "the childish ways your going around things latly", please.

Hope you're not serious. Do I even have to tell you it's not a matter of agreeing/disagreeing with something? It's not about opinions. It's about facts. CAC servers are well known for their problems, and that's not a my opinion.
The fact is that I am just trying to help the community finding easier and better ways to solve the problems we're having, as I always did (look at the links in my sig, maybe they will refresh your memory. And probably that's only less than half of the work I did)

This is the reason of why I'm getting tired of all this. Being blamed in this childish way, after all the work I did for this (after the shutdown of the project). That's unacceptable.
Eh, I don't want to be the "king of MWLL". Just wanted to keep helping people in the same way I've always did it.
But, since some people don't actually like this, I maybe can stop that. In all the ways, of course.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:40:10 PM by Starch1ld »

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »
Gpaul/Hmit vs Fractura/Proxema. Bushwacker E. Fractura/Proxema win. Attackers take 3 points lead.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »
ivaan/vic viper defeat firehound/russa in madcat e. attackers lead 3 points.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »
Gpaul/duelist defeated bayard/fractura. defenders earn 3 points.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »
vic viper/proxema defeat russa/duelist in madcat es. attackers gain 3 points.

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 03:04:31 PM »
40th battle: Battle for the planet Ponzan
Capellan Partisans attack Ponzan from Hunan. Ponzan defended as a neutral world.
2v2 Tournament for prize Madcat E.

1st map: TSA Jungle. winner: attackers. 3 points.
Mech: Madcat E
Pilots: Ivaan and SJ Vic Viper for attackets. Firehound and Russa for defenders.

2nd map: TSA_Vista. winner: defenders. 3 points.
Mech: Battle Armors/APC (must search and destroy enemy apc)
Pilots: BKS Bayard and Fractura Laniatus for attackers. SJ Duelist and ELH Gpaul for defenders.

3rd map: TSA_Glory. winner: attackers. 3 points.
Pilots: SJ Vic Viper and Proxema for attackers. Russa and SJ Duelist for defenders.

Attackers lead 6-3 points through 3 maps. Attackers win and are awarded a single Madcat E for the next campaign.