Ok, I see that actually some people are interested in this stuff I've been working on in these days, so I'm going to reveal some details:
- All games will be played using 4 and 5 player drop decks, generated using thEClaw's generator (thanks!), with very specific rules.
- There will be different "tiers" of drop decks, depending on their BV.
- An enhanced version of the Drop Calculator will be used (will be more a "Drop Selector" rather than an actual calculator)
- More details later
- Players will have their own character.
- You can only start as a mercenary, and you will play for a faction or for a merc unit.
- By completing contracts, each character will earn money and will be able to buy
his own mechs. More details about this feature will come soon
- Factions and merc units will start with their own drop decks.
- You can start your own merc unit if you have at least [TBA] players (6-7?)
- It will start on a single sector of the Inner Sphere, and then it will eventually expand on the rest of it
- If a character dies during a fight, well, let's say I'm going to thank Chris Roberts for the idea I had for this
- More details later
Standard Sector Attack game mode
- ToS game mode, voice-comms required
- Each player will be assigned 4 mechs
- Team leader will choose multiple drop decks (example : if there are 8 players on each team, each team leader will have to chose 4X (2X) 4-player decks => 8 total 4-player decks)
- Ejection will be allowed
- If a player manages to eject before dying, he can RTB and take the next one assigned to him
- If a player dies, he won't be able to respawn
Destroy the Convoy game mode
- ToS, voice comms
- No respawns, only 1 mech for each player
- Available only on BIG maps
- More details soon
In order to make this easier for newer players, I'm not going to start this at least until Str1k3r releases the new version of his tool, which will be way easier to use.
Not going to rely on Qtracker basic hostfile fix. A downtime in a middle of a campaign would give a bad image of the state of this game, especially for new players.
As always, more details soon