Author Topic: Map download errors.  (Read 2160 times)

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
Map download errors.
« on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »
Just this evening I have been getting an error trying to install the TSA_Underground map. MWLL said "Your map differs from the server version? Would you like to download it?" and I hit "yes"

It downloads the map and once it has finished it kills the connection on bruno's tool - this is normal on downloading a new map and I usually just hit Force IP update again and it connects. This has worked fine at least once this week as I had to get TC Highlands again.

With TSA_Undergound however it just wont have it, it keeps saying the map is different.

Several months ago when I was first using Bruno' tool I was hitting the Play Now! button to start the game. I didn't realise that would only start the 32bit game and I was playing it in that mode on my 64bit pc. It would do this exact thing when trying to get a new map. I also made sure I have the "use 64 bit version" box ticked on the manual launcher.

The fix back then was to download the map from the CJW repository and manually move the folder into the maps director, although even this won't help with TSA_Underground, it still claims the map is different from the server one.

The map doesn't come up much, but does anyone know what might be causing this?

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-19
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
Re: Map download errors.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 06:31:48 AM »
i had to manually d/l underground too:
i have 64bit 7sp1 non genuine (=trial mode)
i have the game in dx9 mode
i use the 2nd method for starting it (the launcher and 3 cmd windows)

i used to think the game runs in 64bit (i really don't care much)
i had to d/l and re-d/l some maps from Jade Falcon as the archive is v2 and folder within is w/o designation: overwrites old one

didn't work until deleted the folder in game/mod dir and re-extracted (=clean install)

FWIW

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:21:04 AM »
"Your map differs from the server version? Would you like to download it?

Yeah, this is a pain in the arse...

Be sure to manually get the right version of the map (I think funbocks runs 2.1) then as Cest says, delete the old map and replace it with 2.1.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:48:25 PM »
It downloads the map and once it has finished it kills the connection on bruno's tool - this is normal on downloading a new map and I usually just hit Force IP update again and it connects. This has worked fine at least once this week as I had to get TC Highlands again.

Hmm, didn't knew that also caused a request to close the connection by the server. My current approach seems right then, keeping it simple: ignore that, try to keep the port open at all times, as soon as the app launches.

Started last weekend an effort to actually use/finish the concept I left, which I'll try to make it happen this weekend. Had hope to finish it during the week, but couldn't put time towards that. Anyway shouldn't take too long, what was more important for me to do is done, rewriting the redirection code. Pretty happy how more readable the code is after reducing 50 lines of C++ socket/port redirection code to some mere 10 by using a .NET Framework class. Will feel at ease to share the source code. :P

The fix back then was to download the map from the CJW repository and manually move the folder into the maps director, although even this won't help with TSA_Underground, it still claims the map is different from the server one.

The map doesn't come up much, but does anyone know what might be causing this?

If it's not a version mismatch, go to your Saved Games/Crysis Wars and look for some folder, which I don't remember the name, probably downloads/levels, that might also be a destination directory for downloaded maps (it was for sure in Crysis Wars). Then find TSA Underground there and delete it, keeping only a single copy of the right version in the game dir.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:15:43 PM by Bruno_007 »
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »
Thanks for the help on this chaps, I would have replied sooner but my internet conked out last thursday evening and hasn't been back since. I have been dealing with the white hot rage that only being put on hold with call centres can cause, and that was just to get my old Three Mobile Internet working.

Anyway the other night I downloaded plain TSA_Underground from the CJW site as that was what I thought the server was running.

I have a V2 and V2.1 in my TSA maps folder and in the past it hasn't made a difference having different or old versions of maps in there -the game always seems to find the right version. If it comes up again when im back on proper internet I can try deleting them to see if it makes a difference.

I looked in my Saved Games folder in windows and its empty, I also looked in the My Games section for crysis wars and couldnt find any old archives or anything like that.

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »
A little more development on this:

This evening I was trying to connect to Funbocks Gamma and needed to download SA_GoldenRocks. The updater did its business claiming I didn't have the map as first which was right. However it downloaded it, then shat the bed, saying there was an error with the download. I tried it again several times, still nothing, I had to manually download the map as before and it seemed to work fine with SA_Alshain.

I kept an eye on the console during one failed map install cycle and noticed something odd.

There is a line shown saying  "Autodownloader: Filename: C:/Users/AppData/Local/Temp/MWLL\mapdl/download.zip"   Note the \ out of place after MWLL, is that correct? It seems wrong to me. What is causing the game to try making that directory?

Unfortunately I can't see all of what the console is saying except that it is failing to create a directory and then obviously cant copy the file into it. What is the method for getting a dump of the console into a text file?

Another minor interesting detail is that I absent mindedly started moving an SA map about in its directory when the game was running, it caused the "you have modified files" error then crashed.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »
Unfortunately I can't see all of what the console is saying except that it is failing to create a directory and then obviously cant copy the file into it. What is the method for getting a dump of the console into a text file?

Game.log in the Crysis Wars folder will be your last session log. Command log_verbosity [1..4] enables you to log more details. log_fileverbosity [1..4] if you want that detail to only appear in your log file and not on your console, otherwise ignore it.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »
Ah I found that thing, but it only has a log from a game back in Feburary. I will try the console commands to see if it will encourage the game to make another log. Thanks!

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
That's really odd.
Tools and I:

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »
Okay I had that particular log in a different folder, I found the ones you mean bruno, and a folder of logged ones :D

TSA_Underground came up this evening and it still wouldn't work, the log suggested access was denied in some respect of it making the right folder. I moved all the TSA folders I have from the maps directory into another folder on the desktop and re downloaded TSA_Underground from the CJW page as it appears there, no version numbers are mentioned. By that time the map had changed again so I couldn't see if it would work :(

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »
That can be a problem because some mappers refused to use version numbers, or didn't increment the version number when they changed the map.

If you believe that the server may be running a different map version than is offered for download, make sure to contact me!
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.