Author Topic: New Battletech game  (Read 5892 times)

Offline tedarin

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
New Battletech game
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »
Seems a new battletech game is in progress, atleast waiting for crowdfunding.
The developer is Harebrained Schemes. http://battletechgame.com/

They seem to gotten the rights to use MWO:s art/assets.

Don't know much of the developer, think they have what it takes to make a good game or will it be half arsed as MWO?

MWLL always felt like a game from another era. From the golden age of PC games

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
Re: New Battletech game
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 07:27:16 PM »
They've made the recent Shadowrun games, which were rather good.
Will they be able to make a good Battletech game though?
Don't know, but I hope the Kickstarter succeeds so we can find out ;)

Offline Vic-Viper.v1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
Well I guess this answers the question if PGI was going to renew the exclusive rights to the Mechwarrior license

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 09:29:43 PM »
It'll be a MechCommander/Megamek type game.  In 3D perspective, maybe even just isometric.

They will do a great job.  I also think that the artwork came from Catalyst Games, as Alex works for them as well.  It may even be a different artist.

The other good thing is we can be almost assured modding support from HBS.  They were quite good with that for the Shadowrun games they have been developing.

I really like those games, and Jordan Weisman was one of the creators of Battletech.  Also note, that they already have money ready to make this game, they are using Kickstarter just for additional funds to make the game bigger and better.

I, for one, can't wait.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline JLZ

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-6
  • m e l e r s k i
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 11:09:11 PM »
Nice!

I hear Jordan Weisman (? creator of Battletech, Mechwarrior ?) is involved.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 12:49:05 AM by Bad guy »

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:21:39 AM »
i HOPE this will fare better than:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Tactics
And i HOPE they will try and work with the guys making MegaMek . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 12:27:47 AM »
i HOPE this will fare better than:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_Tactics
And i HOPE they will try and work with the guys making MegaMek . .
Was about to mention MW:Tactics. MW:T 1.0 inc (1.0 because MW:T never got out of beta)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:05 PM »
MW:Tactics HAD Promise of being just MegaMek with better graphics . . but then compared to MegaMek it sucked as hard as MWO compared to MWLL . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-19
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »
that's hard suck  :-X

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
Kickstarter

Oh look another cash grab that will amount to nothing.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 09:51:46 PM »
Kickstarter

Oh look another cash grab that will amount to nothing.

Notsureifserious.jpg

but if yes:

Oh look another uninformed poster who either has no knowledge of or chose to disregard the fact that HBS has established a reputation of generosity and dependability for it's own. Their two Shadowrun Kickstarters were tremendous successes, they delivered what they promised, and they even released the Director's Cut version of Shadowrun: Dragonfall for free for those who already had the normal version.

So... Not sure if trolling!?!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:05 AM »
New Battletech Game

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2015, 09:54:43 PM »

>>> YOU are the Vanguard of Operation Alpha Strike - a Day-One, Hour-One, all-out attack that will shake the foundations of Kickstarter, bring worldwide attention and glory to the game setting we love, and incite others to join our cause. The more backers we recruit, the bigger the game we can make.

But we need more volunteers for this mission! Please help us spread the word about Operation Alpha Strike. Deploy this image on your own social media pages using the message: Join the #BATTLETECH #Kickstarter Invasion! 9.29.15 - Alpha Strike commences 10am PDT http://battletechgame.com. Set it as your desktop or mobile wallpaper. Share and Like our posts on Facebook. Retweet us on Twitter.

Let them hear our battle cry!

>>> CLASSIFIED MESSAGE FOR VANGUARD PERSONNEL: Thank you for joining the #BATTLETECH Vanguard at GenCon or PAX. It was incredible hearing all of your enthusiasm for the universe and for the game we want to make. Were excited that we get to make it!

As a member of the Vanguard, if you back our Kickstarter campaign at the $25-level or above, you'll receive a special Backer-only variant of the Firestarter Light 'Mech *in addition* to all the rewards at your chosen reward tier.

If you have any questions, please be sure to send us an email at BATTLETECH@hbs-studios.com

See you on the 29th!
- HBS

Join the #BATTLETECH #Kickstarter Invasion! 9.29.15 - Alpha Strike commences 10am PDT http://battletechgame.com

Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »
well, after reading this:
http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/10077/Battletech-A-Promising-Squad-Based-RPG-on-the-Horizon.html
i am kinda a little more meh about this than i was before . .
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 09:28:43 PM »
well, after reading this:
http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/loadFeature/10077/Battletech-A-Promising-Squad-Based-RPG-on-the-Horizon.html
i am kinda a little more meh about this than i was before . .

Hm, why?
Turn-based strategy, Mech and Pilot customization, primary focus on single-player, maybe PvP multi-player as well, no development for mobile to fapp up UI and controls...
Sounds good imho :P