Author Topic: Barony  (Read 688 times)

Offline EmyLightsaber

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +46/-1
Barony
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:28:42 PM »
The premise of this game is this evil dude was chased out of a town by Adventurers, and has taken up residence in some catacombs.

You and your friends are sent to work your way to the evil dude and kill him.

Think Rogue-like Dungeon crawl for up to 4 people, random dungeons levels each play-through.
Myself and 2 others have only made it down to level 5 twice.

If any member of the party dies, they get revived at the next level, but missing all their stuff.
So if even one person manages to make it down the ladder to the next level, everyone revives.

Everything has a weight, so the more loot you try to pick up, the slower you'll go.
Be careful when appraising items, sometimes they're cursed, and as such you'll be unable to drop or unequip them.

If you dally for too long in a level, the Minotaur will come after you.

It's only USD $7 Dollars on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/371970/

It is recommended to use the Evolve program to connect to someone's game.

Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.

-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."

Offline Cherno

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-23
Re: Barony
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »
Yup, heard about it a while ago, looks fun but the graphics are meh. I understand that they are going for the voxel-pixelart-look, but a game that is similar and does this a lot better is "Delver" which has no multiplayer, but excellent graphics and music. In fact, Delver had a similar programmer-art-look to it in the early stages of development until a real artist was hired to redo all sprites and textures.