Author Topic: MWLL Alt. Launcher and getting own server into the list + smth. else  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Hey everyone,

I've got 2 issues here that I need some expert advise on and only one of them seems to be related to the alt. launcher:

1) How do I get my own server to appear in the app server list; and

2) When I host my own server on one of the PCs in the house, my main mwll install on the gaming pc crashes with the message "some files have been modified" (message displayed inside the game interface, after which the game proper crashes) when I try connecting to any of the servers in the app's list. This issue is absolutely certainly confirmed to be related to the server that I am hosting on the same home network, since not even reinstalling mwll solves the issue as long as its running and the issue disappears immediately after I shutdown the dedicated server. What can be happening here?
Modify message

-EDIT

Solved.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 10:28:11 PM by Chakra »

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
Re: MWLL Alt. Launcher and getting own server into the list + smth. else
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
Now I have another issue. Server is disappearing from the Alt. Launcher list after some time. What could be causing this? I can't manually connect to it either, when this happens.

Offline TrollerLover

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
  • -O^O-
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 11:59:47 PM »
Great that you got it working... or did you? :B
Owens rush kekekekek

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »
Like I said, it appears in the servers list for about 10-15 minutes after I start it, then goes missing. The dedicated server window keeps running, shows map changes and all.

-edit

ok. restarted it this morning, an hour and a half into it, still holding in the server list. wonder what was causing it to disappear yesterday?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:49:44 AM by Chakra »

Offline TrollerLover

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +6/-1
  • -O^O-
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »
Well, I guess the important thing is that it works now :)
Owens rush kekekekek

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:19:58 PM »
Up for over 24 hours now, still in the server list. Everyone should give it a go - Puretech. Running it on a dedicated pc now, hopefully the connection proves sufficient if we ever get a good game going on it.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:55:35 PM »
Like I said, it appears in the servers list for about 10-15 minutes after I start it, then goes missing. The dedicated server window keeps running, shows map changes and all.

-edit

ok. restarted it this morning, an hour and a half into it, still holding in the server list. wonder what was causing it to disappear yesterday?
You must apply the hostfile fix if you want to run a dedicated server without any problems

Offline Chakra

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 02:56:14 PM »
yeh I have, cheers. that's how it got fixed. only there's so few people playing it's all pointless anyway.

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »
yeh I have, cheers. that's how it got fixed. only there's so few people playing it's all pointless anyway.

Sorry if this is an old post, I've only had this used laptop for a couple months and I tried playing MWO with no luck, apparently my laptop is too weak (samsung 2nd gen i7 w/ 8 gig ram & nvidia gt 525m w/ 1gig.. bought used on CL for couple hundred..).  I seem to have missed MWLL all together, but would love to play on an mmo mech game (Hawken seems too much for my laptop as well)... I was wondering if I'd be able to join your matches if you have a personal server that others could join in on, even if it's a once per week thing..
Hi all, As a Cook in the U.S Navy in the late 90s, I worked with the U.S Marines for six months.. The Marines gave me the nick name "Fraggle", due to the crazy hair on my head looking like characters from the 1980s t.v. show Fraggle Rock... I've ran with it since.. since the name "Fraggle" seems to be taken everywhere, I tend to go by Drunken Fraggle...

Offline Vic-Viper.v1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-3
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »
Absolutely you can.  Please join us on weekends for Chaos March- this is a Planned Organised play that we do evry weekend

Download the game, Instructions on how to do that here

Download Teamspeak3 Here and join us on the address 168.235.150.39

and we can defiantly fit you in the roster

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 05:45:38 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate it, sorry I took so long to respond, I just finished moving into a new place... I got it mwll & team speak installed, hopefully it'll work better than the other mech games..
Hi all, As a Cook in the U.S Navy in the late 90s, I worked with the U.S Marines for six months.. The Marines gave me the nick name "Fraggle", due to the crazy hair on my head looking like characters from the 1980s t.v. show Fraggle Rock... I've ran with it since.. since the name "Fraggle" seems to be taken everywhere, I tend to go by Drunken Fraggle...

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 04:26:02 AM »
I apologize for dropping off the planet for a while, my laptop power supply had to be replaced..
 I tried to load a map on multiplayer, and I seem to be getting a ring of death load window, it would sit like this for like 15minutes before I hit cancel... maybe I did something wrong... help?

Offline duelist

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +216/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 05:09:19 AM »
Welcome back  8)

The qtracker service auto connect is broken for now. Your options are to click on connect to ip at the bottom and punch in the ip and port. Then hit connect. Or you can use Bruno's tool here: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20534.0.html   

Hope that gets you into your mech, tank, infantry, or flyer of choice quickly. Enjoy!

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »
Thanks duelist, unfortunately I ran into a whole slew of issues.. I tried uninstalling MWLL, reinstalling, I can't say I'm the most tech savvy to troubleshooting.. I so wanna play it; MWO is an alternative, but my laptop can't really handle MWO so well (avg 12-18fps).. It's 10:30pm PST.. getting late for me here.. Got Archery class in the morning...
 Maybe if I run into someone savvy enough technically with a bunch of time to help me (via teamspeak perhaps?) to get MWLL running on my laptop, I'd be in business.. I caught your commentary on the new Planet Genoa Map 5(?) battle on youtube.. Awesome!! I'll check more past battles out when I can..
-Fraggle

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-2
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 09:13:15 AM »
Hey Fraggle,

Can you give us an idea of what this slew of issues was? I'll be more than happy to work through them with you, not that I'm highly tech savvy, but i have the time available, and more meat for the grinder is always welcome :)