Author Topic: MWLL Alt. Launcher and getting own server into the list + smth. else  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
Re: MWLL Alt. Launcher and getting own server into the list + smth. else
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »
Feel free to hop on teamspeak at mwll.mwmaster.com some time for help too. There's usually people on there night time europe, afternoon US time. I get on by doing this:

A: Go here: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html for a list of all the servers online

B: Find the server you want

C: In MWLL, login for internet game, then "connect to ip"

D: Enter IP / port info from step A and hit connect.

That's usually all I have to do. Note that on some heavily loaded servers I have to try more than once.

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
    • MWO Forum Profile
my mistake
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 02:12:06 AM »
what??, how do I delete my post if I made a mistake
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:00:52 AM by Drunken_Fraggle »
Hi all, As a Cook in the U.S Navy in the late 90s, I worked with the U.S Marines for six months.. The Marines gave me the nick name "Fraggle", due to the crazy hair on my head looking like characters from the 1980s t.v. show Fraggle Rock... I've ran with it since.. since the name "Fraggle" seems to be taken everywhere, I tend to go by Drunken Fraggle...

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
My mistake
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 02:47:11 AM »
. How would I delete these posts mistakes...??
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 03:01:34 AM by Drunken_Fraggle »
Hi all, As a Cook in the U.S Navy in the late 90s, I worked with the U.S Marines for six months.. The Marines gave me the nick name "Fraggle", due to the crazy hair on my head looking like characters from the 1980s t.v. show Fraggle Rock... I've ran with it since.. since the name "Fraggle" seems to be taken everywhere, I tend to go by Drunken Fraggle...

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 02:53:50 AM »
I think I got my issues fixed, so far I think.. so I opened this..

I get here, and choose a side and end up running around on a map, don't know where to go from here..

Do I have to build up cbills, buy machines/ weapons/ and how..? Is there a tutorial on what to do next? Or would I have to wait until a group game is ready, at least maybe a group practice so I can at least orient myself with controls and such?

Maybe, get out of the suit and into an actual Mech, I don't see any Mechs to jump into, or how to find a Mech to get into...
Thanks
-Fraggle

Offline DeimosEvotec

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
In the spawn room above the hangar are some displays that show the basic controlls. Here is a tutorial series(a bit outdated but still fine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPneKBlt7Rk
Sadly there are no training servers at the moment to test out mechs.
Most people are online in the european evenings and our teamspeak is also a good place to get help: mwll.mwmaster.com

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-2
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »
All I know about deleting posts is you can edit them, there might be a delete function, not sure tho :/

You spawn in a pub match with 40K cbills, this is enough to get you started.

Comma opens the buy menu, but you have to be in the hangar.

For brawling, the best choice is either Owens D or Uller B
Mid range Osiris Prime Or Osiris C
For a sniper role there is the Osiris E (Do not look to brawl in this mech, you'll get wrecked)

The easiest way to enter a mech is to use the shelf in the hangar, just sprint (L Shift) onto your mech while pressing F and looking at it
Stay away from the legs, they will kill you (Its a feature) :P

Offline Drunken_Fraggle

• Bondsman
    • MWO Forum Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 07:54:32 AM »
O.K. ?? ...NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET THIS... NO MATTER WHICH SITE I GO..

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
You can try opening the console with the tilde key "¬" and type connect or connect_localhost 

If something upsets the electronic aether magic that makes servers work you might have to type connect a few times before it decides to behave, I have to do it when a map changes for example.

The console should say why the connection failed, you might have tried connecting to a passworded server for example. The funbocks servers never have passwords on them and are up almost constantly so they are good for testing connections to.

Also check bruno's tool is showing as connected to a server and hit "Refresh" to check the one you're trying to connect to is still up.

Do you have any firewalls or other things that might be interfering? I wouldn't think so if you got into a server once, but its something to consider just in case. I hope this is of some help :)

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »
Ok, lets start back at the start.

Go here: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20534.msg353494.html
and download bruno's 0.8 tool

Load the tool and single click on the server you wish to connect to, then click "Join sever"

Load the game as normal, open the console and type in connect_localhost
If you get a "connection failed" or a "connection timeout" retry the connect_localhost command

Good luck!

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »
connect_localhost isn't a valid command, that I'm aware. Either just connect, connect localhost, connect localhost:64100, connect 127.0.0.1, connect 127.0.0.1:64100.

In this case, just connect with suffice, most simple one and does all that the previous ones do.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
My mistake, good catch Bruno

Offline Vic-Viper.v1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +15/-3
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks duelist, unfortunately I ran into a whole slew of issues.. I tried uninstalling MWLL, reinstalling, I can't say I'm the most tech savvy to troubleshooting.. I so wanna play it; MWO is an alternative, but my laptop can't really handle MWO so well (avg 12-18fps).. It's 10:30pm PST.. getting late for me here.. Got Archery class in the morning...
 Maybe if I run into someone savvy enough technically with a bunch of time to help me (via teamspeak perhaps?) to get MWLL running on my laptop, I'd be in business.. I caught your commentary on the new Planet Genoa Map 5(?) battle on youtube.. Awesome!! I'll check more past battles out when I can..
-Fraggle

Fragle if you like i can:Edit: help you with your install, set up a time to be on teamspeak and i can help you mwll.mwmaster.com
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:07:21 AM by Vic-Viper.v1 »