Author Topic: Da Movies.  (Read 1955 times)

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
Re: Da Movies.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »
Lets keep this thread about full length motion pictures if you don't mind. Not that I hated that short (also use the vimeo link it's less compressed) or anything, but well I wasn't precisely in love with it either. But that's not even the reason I want to keep shorts out of the thread, if we don't i'll end up posting ever short film I've ever seen and we will all be here till the end of time.

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 05:32:53 PM »
ROGER, sir!
... :-\
SORRY sir!
... :-X
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 02:27:22 AM »
ROGER, sir!
... :-\
SORRY sir!
... :-X

Oh you big tart, I didn't intend to be mean about it and if I'm honest I for one would love to hear of the motion pictures that have truly stirred cest73. I'd also add (assuming that the 73 maybe a part of a personal date on your part) that I have no remit on as to when these movies where made. I do believe that film is an art form (much like I personally consider the internet age of memes an artistic movement) and am very willing to find the pieces that have had a deep impact on people.

As ever I feel we've misunderstood one another, which is not my intent. I don't mean to put the kybosh on you.

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 09:02:59 AM »
' sorry too
(I was ironic with my post also)

as i tripped over that piece (we still babble about... ::) ) i liked the art alone...
Sadly, the story alone, is brain-dead and cheap..
The art was ... so flash alike (Appleseed?) yet so vivid in a way...

and the attention to detail, and the BT art of "battle scar" on the machines rendered

so i figured:
" :o! ...Bill will kill me, but WTF... ;)"

an i did...
...and You followed...

So, all is in place
(we have a happy misunderstanding - it is mutual and returned :D)

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
and the attention to detail, and the BT art of "battle scar" on the machines rendered

As ever having a bit of a hard time following you, but yeah the damage modelling was pretty decent. It's just they're both pretty inaccurate representations of their respective planes.

I'll do you one for one on the shorts front though, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVtTATtFaw I first saw this 12-15 years ago (I forget exactly how long) and thought it was pretty good.

I'll post up a full review of a full movie soon enough.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 10:41:01 PM »
Next thing I'll be watching and talking about is Swiss Army Man (aka the farting corpse movie), which could be fun.

Online cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »

As ever having a bit of a hard time following you, but yeah the damage modelling was pretty decent. It's just they're both pretty inaccurate representations of their respective planes.

I'll do you one for one on the shorts front though, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVtTATtFaw I first saw this 12-15 years ago (I forget exactly how long) and thought it was pretty good.

I'll post up a full review of a full movie soon enough.
While at risk of shooting my own foot here,
:)
Yes, short but intriguing one
Reminds on the gaming industry tho

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 02:45:46 AM »
You guys suck at this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088846/

Nothing can describe the level of admiration I have for this film. While I have seen other Terry Gilliam's (12 Monkeys, a bit of Time Bandits), this one is the one I will go back to endlessly. Some films have inspired in me pure feeling, regardless of plot problems or thin characters. Before I saw this, Interstellar and 2001 were my choices for top hits for feelings. This blows them so far out of the water it stings.

I won't explain the plot any further than the poster would, for to spoil the twists and turns of this movie is a heinous sin. It follows Jonathan Pryce as a cog in a massive bureaucratic machine, in a dark and depressing and marvelously... british alternate future. Also featuring my favourite Robert De Niro appearance outside of HEAT, this film will make you laugh, cry, laugh some more, hang onto the edge of the seat, then cry more.

Its visual design is the most interesting aspect to me. Every scene is a painting of pipes, ducts, mechanical technology, and giant impressive architectural marvels containing it all. The world depicted LOOMS above the story, oppressing even its grandeur, infiltrating the lives of its characters in marvelously contrived ways. The technology presented is also heavy, mechanical, clunky, but recognizable as something that could have been, were the world to have gone a different path in the 1930's.

Bill you are a terrible troll for trying.

I know some people who dislike this movie for taking its time to show everything that happens with the rather imaginative lead Pryce presents, but this is artwork in every shot. The sweeping scope of the narrative as it rushes and twists makes me really shit at describing it properly.

DO NOT EVER WATCH ANYTHING BUT THE FINAL CUT. Executive meddling, amusing about a film dealing with oppressive bureaucracy, ham fisted a terrible ending onto this glorious epic. Watch the director's cut, to see the real end of Terry's beautiful story.

End result: 10/10, a must see. Even those i know who didn't like it, speak highly of it.

Edit: I would definitely add to the list of feels Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade, GHOST IN THE SHELL 1995, and AKIRA obviously...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:00:29 PM by Ressk [CSF] »
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF