Author Topic: VTOL Base blow up bug. It's not the explosion, it's throwing the c8  (Read 952 times)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
So I noticed this while farting around the other day, that the base broke look as soon as the c8 block landed inside it. Before it blew up. Don't know if there's any interest in fixing this some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inym64dygj0

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
+1
had it on huntress SA while playing Carbon
i figured it's map related, but it seems it's the engine:/
we better had chosen open source vs rich IDE engine?  ::)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
The base breaking lose is a known bug. But it doesn't happen when the C8 explodes, it happens as soon as it lands, which was news to me.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
it did occur to me this engine is peculiar in some way:
i didn't die due to exploding - not ever

the moment i die is that - the "killing bullet" has lied its eye on me - in that instant I'm rendered hit (and get consequences already), no matter how the animation lag behind etc...

makes me think that damage count and explosion animation are two independent processes in this engine (parallel threads?)

further this means:
the game-station with fastest internet gets precedence on the servers side for calculating consequences
also
the computers quickest to dispatch such results to server has further advantage to have time ahead to do more so

conclusion:
1. fastest net makes winning more easy (and likely) by helping pin-point accuracy
2. fastest per thread able CPU makes further favor to the owner

money counts
-what to do? - get the engine as optimized at your side as practical (use my FPS booster in my signature)
-get the most able CPU as practical for this engine is CPU power-hungry (i got Xeon 5640 4x3.16 GHz +128W TDP  :/)
the VGA will only prove useful for rendering so spare your money there (ask the few 4k TV set owners)
the RAM needs be 4GB for the game - not more - i ran the game swap-less with 4GB and even borrowing to IGP 256M (@1024x768 60Hz)
the game requires a 50GB partition (win7SP1 + game alone) so go figure
avast is resource-hog, go try "NanoAV" for a while?
solid state disks help a lot - by considerably speeding the load time (50% even the cheap SATA II ones) - and the game crashes a lot ;)