Author Topic: MWLL 0.8 Community Edition is live!  (Read 4984 times)

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
Re: MWLL 0.8 Community Edition is live!
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 09:49:32 AM »
I am so happy this has come to fruition! Since I have a MWLL installation based on a purchased copy of Crysis Wars, would I be right in thinking I only need the MWLL archive?

I really do need a new pc as well now!

If you have the bandwidth, try to go for the all in one installer.

If you really need a smaller download, you can use the MWLL archive. If you just use the archive, make sure you use the attached gamespy fix: http://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/CrysisWars-GameSpyFix.exe - it's not needed when using the all in one installer.
He will also be missing the autoexec.cfg in the Crysis dir. Necessary to prevent rainbow shaders.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »
Most of the work you have done.
I like the changes that have occurred - Chat, Hud, JJ...

While I did not like was that you have changed the version of Prime on certain types of 'Mechs and vehicles.

Please tell us about yourself and the future plans.  :)

How many people worked / is working on MWLL?

When you are planning to release the next version?

You will add new content in the form of 'Mechs, ASF, etc.?
NBT-HC ELH

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 05:17:18 PM »
Most of the work you have done.
I like the changes that have occurred - Chat, Hud, JJ...

While I did not like was that you have changed the version of Prime on certain types of 'Mechs and vehicles.

Please tell us about yourself and the future plans.  :)

How many people worked / is working on MWLL?

When you are planning to release the next version?

You will add new content in the form of 'Mechs, ASF, etc.?
Yes, interesting.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 05:22:37 PM »
I hear they're planning on adding the duck boat from Batman Returns.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-17
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 09:07:36 PM »
I hear they're planning on adding the duck boat from Batman Returns.
Actually improved Jump Jets to Black Lanner and a pair of triple rotary X-PPC with gazillion of DHS and double coolant  :o
and
GOLDEN MECHZ AREZ HERE

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 09:09:55 PM »
10/10 would pilot. Exploding suicide penguins are OP though.

Thanks for the info, I will have to get down to it when I have a bit more time to scour this old install off and download that monster. Have we any more youtube vids to drool over?

How about a Tetetae that BA can ride like a horse? ;)

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 09:24:47 PM »
I've been enjoying 0.8 and would also love to know what else is in store for us in the future.  As for the now I have a little bit of feedback to offer, warning, opinions ahead.

• It feels more difficult to earn cbills, rank up, and get into better equipment.  I don't think I've seen a single fafnir yet and only one daishi thus far in my gametime. but maybe I'm just rusty and need to git gud again.
  • I love the addition of thunderbolts to new assets and the fact that they lock on, but was it necessary to reduce their range and flight speed?  They were hardly ever used previous to 0.8 and were far from overpowered, why take away what redeeming qualities they did have?
  • The pricing difference amongst aerospace assets feels too large to me.  Perhaps this goes back to me just being awful but I feel I should be able to get into a Visigoth at least after 45 minutes in a session, and I dislike there not being any rank 1 ASF or VTOLs available.
  • The new AC5s are ass.  THey don't feel satisfying to use at all and the time between shots is far too long I think.  I think ACs/UACs should either all be fully automatic or all be burst fire, I don't like the inconsistency.

That's all the "productive" feedback I can think of for now.  Everybody has already heard my whine about wanting the old Vulture A back so I don't need to repeat it or gripe about other variants.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Kh0rn

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
  • Atlas : Overkill and nothing less
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:54 AM »
In time we shall reveal more of what is to come, right now we working on a hotfix to address some issues as going back to your points thanks for that, the Economy has been reworked so its not as easy as it was before to field the heavy assets just yet, there was a gap before where you can skip a weight class all together.

The AC 5 Ultra 5 were built that way to be used as a long range weapon and ill suited for close range fighting, this may be changed in the future but the whole idea was to keep the Ultra 5 and AC 5 as ranged weapons intended for its range bracket.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »
No one noticing the all improved BUY MENU?
 ::)

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 03:54:35 PM »
I like the new buy menu, but would like it to list free tons. Not a huge deal.

The progression through the lower ranks feels a bit slow. It would be nice to have a bit faster progression there, but keep it slow-ish as you get higher.  We were tossing around the idea of progression modifiers based on your current rank. The higher the rank the slower the progression, etc.

Devs already know about the map loading modified files bug. Hotfix on the way.

The Owens are not as underpowered as I had thought. They aren't starter brawler mechs, but they do tend to print money with their C3 and BAP and long range pokey weapons. But don't get caught out alone in them.

Ullers are now much more capable.

I like the 8 categories of mechs instead of 4. Late starters in solis and osirises can make good bank.

I'll try to make some videos, I was too busy playing to make any this weekend, except this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN_UAGYYetc. I doubt this is an 0.8 bug, but it was kind of hilarious.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 06:49:56 PM »
Torrent download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgs4u3ibvy976vr/MWLL-0.8CE%2BCW.zip.torrent?dl=0
REMINDER: keep seding (ATM 13 leechers and 17 seeds )
 ;)
ETA 1hr for me now

(edit: torrent status correction)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:21:22 PM by cest73 »

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 12:59:58 AM »
Not really having had on hand experience with 8.0 yet (I'm unable to play due to some odd launcher crash that I've not resolved yet) I obviously can't be as fully clued in as you lot.

But I will say this in reference to it being harder to earn money and rank up. GOOD!, couple that with extended round times and MWLL might just feel like a tactical mech shooter as opposed to a rush to see who can bank enough to get Assaults to base camp the other team faster.

This was a major issue with older mwll for me and played a large part in why I mostly stopped playing, skill for the most part is irreverent if the opposing team has been clever (in this instance clever means cunt waffles) and grossly out tonnes your team within the first... well I've seen it happen as quickly as five minutes, let's put it that way.

Oh and C'est, how am I supposed to dress up as Catwoman now? I mean with the duck boat it'd be a nice tie in, now I'm just going to look like a skinnier CWC with a nice set of pvc tits. Oh and don't worry about the torrent, I'll seed it for at least the next year. It'd be nice if we could have a little community whip round and see if we could get a seedbox on this mother. 

Offline Fury9er

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2016, 01:12:58 AM »
But I will say this in reference to it being harder to earn money and rank up. GOOD!, couple that with extended round times and MWLL might just feel like a tactical mech shooter as opposed to a rush to see who can bank enough to get Assaults to base camp the other team faster.

Quite, jiggling the variants always spiced things up a bit in the old days, a bit frustrating but also a breath of fresh air not seeing a Dishcloth in 5 mins.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2016, 02:00:33 AM »
...couple that with extended round times...

I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that matches are running longer from.  TC matches have all still been set to 60 minutes from what I've seen and TSA rounds on some servers only run for 45 minutes.  I just finished a 45 minute session on palisades and the most expensive assets I saw fielded were a few warhammers, a huit, and a vulture.  A far cry from the days when I could earn enough for an ERLL cancerboat Novacat on the same map in only 15 minutes.  I don't miss the faster paced progression that enabled me to do that, but I don't like the current slower pace either in which even the highest scoring players (which I was not amongst in the palisades game I'm referencing, I only made it into hollanders and uziels) can't even field a single assault mech by the end of the round.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2016, 02:19:20 AM »
...couple that with extended round times...

I'm not sure where you're getting the impression that matches are running longer from.  TC matches have all still been set to 60 minutes from what I've seen and TSA rounds on some servers only run for 45 minutes.  I just finished a 45 minute session on palisades and the most expensive assets I saw fielded were a few warhammers, a huit, and a vulture.  A far cry from the days when I could earn enough for an ERLL cancerboat Novacat on the same map in only 15 minutes.  I don't miss the faster paced progression that enabled me to do that, but I don't like the current slower pace either in which even the highest scoring players (which I was not amongst in the palisades game I'm referencing, I only made it into hollanders and uziels) can't even field a single assault mech by the end of the round.

I wasn't implying they were longer, I was semi suggesting it. As I say I've not yet played it, but I do think a slower escalation could benefit the slower earnings. I wasn't on about a massive amount of time either, 20 minutes max I'd say. I'm glad the slower progression is working the way i'd hoped through reading the changelog, testament to those who have been testing the balance.