Author Topic: MWLL version 0.8. Feedback.  (Read 6170 times)

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-62
    • cyofee
Re: MWLL version 0.8. Complaints.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
dont listen to the autists, the new version is great.

just send the 0.7 hud back to the junkyard and give us the old one.

Offline Thunderbird

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
    • CC-SF, Star Citizen mercenary organization
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »
i dont like the old HUD
When you reach the end of your journey, the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 04:26:56 PM »
I'm pretty happy with most of the new changes, now that I've had a chance to drive the various new variants and use the redesigned / new weapons.

I think the HVAC10 should have a little more range. The cycle rate and damage seem reasonable. It's like a Gauss cannon with a much faster cycle rate and lower damage that lets you fight close in if you need to, though not as well as LBX or AC 10 etc. The Hollie it's in is much nicer, and doesn't blow up like it's made of papier mache.

I find it interesting that people who haven't been actively playing 0.7.1 for the last year are saying they want 0.7.1 back. WHY would you want to revert to a version you haven't been playing? Makes no sense.

The Owens aren't as nerfed as I had at first thought. High fire rate lrm5s are pretty nice. As a standoff mech it works REALLY well, esp with tag. I'd still like to have like a couple of srm2s on the lrm boats tho, just in case you get rushed.

The ranking is a bit harder. I'd like to see some kind of mechanism that you rank up faster when your team is behind, and that the higher your rank the less you make / progress versus lower rank. I.e. if you have a team with mostly high ranks and another team with low ranks AND a lower score, both of those things would affect how fast you rank.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
Changelog is looking great, good to see this getting out the door.

Any plans to promote / hold large event or something? Might be a good time to capitalise on it.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 05:19:31 PM »
1. Mixing technology - Thunderbolt technology on a Clan.
Remove!  >:(
Technically they aren't even IS weapons. They are supposed to be Solaris Arena only weapons

Thunderbolt
Production information
Type   Missile
Tech Base   Inner Sphere
Year Availability   3053

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thunderbolt_Missile
NBT-HC ELH

Offline ELH_Sudibor

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-8
    • Eridani Light Horse
Re: MWLL version 0.8. Feedback.
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2016, 05:44:12 PM »
Sorry for my bad English.
Poor knowledge of English forced me to make my messages short and angry.  :(
No! That's not what we meant. The ranking is too slow that affect the gameplay very seriously. First, when ranking too slow, you will becoming more rushed to charged at enemies due to match time limitation, and becoming more lesser teamwork just for grinding EXP on your own, "and this new update makes me more on using LRM's than SRM; Not my playstyle (Me style short-medium range) ". Second, when the ranking is slow, many new players or some players like me are forced to return to base more frequently just to repair mechs or vehicles that will wasting more time than helping teammates on battlefield.

i'd still prefer 3 or even 4 pulses on the pulse lasers - provided they would be condensed into the same burn time - because it just looks better
2 pulses - less skill is required.  ;)

Regarding configurations. OK. Was wrong.

Return distance weapons to version 0.7.1

I meant that the new changes are aimed primarily at keeping the fight at long range.

LongTom.
Maybe all improvements combined in one LongTom?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:59:05 PM by ELH_Sudibor »
NBT-HC ELH

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2016, 06:04:04 PM »
I also noted a lack of cooler running / ammo based mechs when playing on inferno. It's now much harder to find a mech that doesn't tend to melt on that map, or daylight on extremity.

Offline Mech warrior(1)

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2016, 06:17:21 PM »
I like:
Flying model.
HUD.
Camouflage - Super!
Me too. I really like those changes, they are some of the best changes we got from this patch.
Ha, looks like the new dev team got some really good HUD designer  ;D
Thanks   :)
Flight model was a bit tricky, but I found some math tricks that helped me find the right values  :) :)

just send the 0.7 hud back to the junkyard and give us the old one.

i dont like the old HUD
New one looks better and works better. And it's coded better.
I might look into implementing something new for ASF / VTOL HUD

[Warning] asset for animation-name 'obama' not available [File=game\objects\objects_mwll\characters\battlesuits\is_loginus\is_longinus.chr

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2016, 06:50:30 PM »
I also noted a lack of cooler running / ammo based mechs when playing on inferno. It's now much harder to find a mech that doesn't tend to melt on that map, or daylight on extremity.
Valid point, but that's a shortcoming of the heat system in general. It heavily favors assets with many heatsinks. Fixing this is planned for 0.9.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2016, 08:16:38 PM »
The issue was real bad with starter mechs. Most have a mix of high heat and low heat weapons. It would be nice to have one with say AC10 and a couple srms.

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2016, 12:22:19 AM »
I'm overall very happy with the update though I do have some concerns. Wasn't able to do any of the playtesting due to work and school so I'm a bit out of the loop.  :-\

• I'm not a particularly big fan of how slow leveling up is. It shouldn't be as fast as it used to be, but right now newbies are trapped in light mechs for the majority of the match, doubly so because of the drop in the max money transfer.
  • Why are some mechs missing variants? The Atlas with the LBX20 has vanished, and I believe it's lost another variant.
  • Sparrowhawk lost too much maneuverability; it now seriously struggles at the one thing it was genuinely good at, killing VTOLs. It's too fragile, too cumbersome, and too weak. It needs something. The 2xPPC variant is a blast but it's supposedly being nerfed?
  • Demolisher with missiles is seriously ugly. I have no issues with the loadouts themselves but god damn it's hideous. Probably a bit beyond the scope of what's possible but it should have missiles like the Calliope Sherman
  • Gimme dat old Whammy Prime. I like the new one but it's no Clan-crushing machine like good ol' pulsey-whammy.
  • The new solid color camos should have their saturation dropped a bit.
  • The Longtom camera change is overall nice but it's more difficult to direct fire against undetected targets. You used to be able to look at the ground, get the distance, and then aim up to fire at that point. Now you have to guesstimate what the range is and hope it hits.

11. Create Flac AC for Riflemen - nonsense.
So I'm guessing by this you mean you want a x4 Flak5 Partisan Prime clone? Why not take the Partisan Prime?
Or you could just take the Rifleman B with its x2 LBX10 and x4 AC2Flak that will be more flexible and relevant against ground targets as well as aircraft.

The Rifleman is on a better platform than the Partyvan; it has a fully stabilized turret, whereas the Partyvan must be pretty much stationary to fire at long distance aircraft.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:28:33 AM by =KoS= Saber15 »
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2016, 12:25:32 AM »
0.7.1 was trash, if that's the last update done by wandering before the "shutdown"

0.8.0 and the installer has brought me back playing after a few years, good to be back, weapon changes are great

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 12:36:35 AM »
Thanks for changing the name of the thread Sudibor :D

One thing I've seen very few people mention that I think is one of the best things we got is that mechs don't trip as badly as they used to, nor do they trip as frequently as they used to.

Now falling off some short rocks allows you to continue running. In 0.7.1 falling off even a small hill meant your throttle went to 0.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Mech warrior(1)

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2016, 04:30:52 AM »
Sparrowhawk lost too much maneuverability; it now seriously struggles at the one thing it was genuinely good at, killing VTOLs. It's too fragile, too cumbersome, and too weak. It needs something. The 2xPPC variant is a blast but it's supposedly being nerfed?
The maneuverability was a terrible issue in 0.7.1. I am pretty satisfied about it to be honest. Point is, it has an XL 240, so it's not really supposed to be super-duper agile.

And yes, PPC Sparrowhawk will be gone in next patch. What is wrong is that, despite we have enough tonnage, we can't put assault class weapons on it. So, I'm going to change the engines, instead.

I put together some math magic that allows us to have automatically generated maneuverability values based on the engine and on the tonnage. We already have Sulla A, and sulla D, which are way more agile than other sullas because the values have been calculated using 350XL engine instead of the default 315 XL.

What this means is that in the next patches we will have variants with bigger engines (SparrowHawk with 300 XL will be a blast, I promise you   :D ), even more armor and just the right amount of weapons

[Warning] asset for animation-name 'obama' not available [File=game\objects\objects_mwll\characters\battlesuits\is_loginus\is_longinus.chr

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +157/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »
9. Return the 3 pulse for all pulsed lasers.  >:(

Why? Its condensed into 2 shots now which is far easier for the user. I didn't just chop off the third pulse, I added all that damage and heat into the 2, so  you don't have to stare at your target as long and don't have to worry about spreading the damage as much.

Why did you want to make them easier? Are there additional downsides now to pulse lasers? (e.g. lower DPS or higher heat production)