Author Topic: Reference list for newbies on what to buy  (Read 3925 times)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
Re: Reference list for newbies on what to buy
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »
Warhammer Prime is the ultimate dueling mech. It can keep an enemy completely shut down with screenshake.

It's also tanky as fapp because of the standard engine.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-19
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2017, 12:20:13 AM »
wouldn't DHS break the price?

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2017, 01:14:44 AM »
That's the idea. Make it more expensive so you can't buy to feed so early on. And if we want to stick with lorelike weapon loadout, the saved space could be used on more armor.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2017, 02:03:28 AM »
That's the idea. Make it more expensive so you can't buy to feed so early on. And if we want to stick with lorelike weapon loadout, the saved space could be used on more armor.

I don't think making it more expensive is the solution, it's price is part of the appeal. Getting a heavier asset sooner, but not an amazing one. Perhaps a few tonnes more armor in core places (CT, sides and back) to make it a little less squishy. DHS would be a waste as I don't believe they properly function as of yet (at least this was the case with older builds of mwll, I can't remember if it was altered in the change to 8.0), not to mention letting the thing alpha all day an night would probs affect balance more than it's worth.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2017, 04:48:15 AM »
Speaking of heatsinks, I recall it said a long time ago that all Clan Mechs have 10DHS as their standard mandatory loadout, before adding in additional heatsinks, while the 10 minimum heatsinks for IS are SHS, then additionals that may be singles or doubles, resulting in Clan Mechs having a better +0 extra S/D HS heat dissipation. Is that still true?

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2017, 05:18:18 AM »

I don't think making it more expensive is the solution, it's price is part of the appeal. Getting a heavier asset sooner, but not an amazing one. Perhaps a few tonnes more armor in core places (CT, sides and back) to make it a little less squishy.

I'd give up one of the smaller weapons for those 2 tons of armor back. It's a standoff mech really, get rid of / change out the closer range stuff and just give it sniper powers like just one LPL or something to go with the ppcs. But it needs its 12 tons of armor.

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2017, 08:27:26 AM »
No!
We are heading the wrong direction here, gentleman.

It's an " or buswacker C,... no i still take Whammer P" type of asset

It is an early game heavy - while the Clans can't afford even a decent medium.

And it's an noClan_PPC screaming build.

No fancy-shmanzy clan stuff, no power buffs; just the true IS fighter:

Proven reliable weapons, good old standard armour and nerves of steel.

My question was, could we subb the lasers with something ballistic:

An 6x MG array (or 8x ;) for that matter ) to make it even more noClan, An asset You would expect to find in the Gray Legion?

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2017, 09:02:31 AM »
Speaking of heatsinks, I recall it said a long time ago that all Clan Mechs have 10DHS as their standard mandatory loadout, before adding in additional heatsinks, while the 10 minimum heatsinks for IS are SHS, then additionals that may be singles or doubles, resulting in Clan Mechs having a better +0 extra S/D HS heat dissipation. Is that still true?
Everything across the board gets 10 SHS by default
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 09:05:14 AM »
No!
We are heading the wrong direction here, gentleman.

I don't think we are.

It's an " or buswacker C,... no i still take Whammer P" type of asset

Your play habits do not necessarily reflect those of every player, there are plenty of options within that price range that are viable.

It is an early game heavy - while the Clans can't afford even a decent medium.
The clans do have far more punchier light mechs within that price range though.

And it's an noClan_PPC screaming build.
I'm not 100% what you mean here, but I'm assuming it's an issue towards the IS PPC. Just consider yourself lucky I don't have a big stick to swing about otherwise it'd be getting hit with it's minimum range requirements as well. And to be fair the rate of fire on the IS ones could be upped slightly to make it more competitive with the Clan one.
[/quote]

No fancy-shmanzy clan stuff, no power buffs; just the true IS fighter:
As a big fan of the idea of puretech becoming the main (if not sole) mode of play I'm for this, but I don't consider upping it's armour at the expense of some of it's short range firepower to be sacrilege.

My question was, could we subb the lasers with something ballistic:

An 6x MG array (or 8x ;) for that matter ) to make it even more noClan, An asset You would expect to find in the Gray Legion?
The only mech that should ever get a massive amount of megaguns is the Atlas, and that's just because lol memes. Otherwise it's stupid and a total waste of tonnage.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:57:47 AM by Bill »

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »

Do enlarge to glance the paroles  ::)

My point is: The Clans have firepower in that price bracket
The IS have staying power to counter it (and it's lostech era mech, so it's supposed to suck)

Clan vs Clan - MWO style short business (3-5 shots)
IS vs Clan - in same price range - skill and experience will beat performance and equipment every time.
IS vs IS - long arduous armor whittling we all love so much  8) and skill skill skill

TL;DR: bring its ticket cost down - because it's an lostech era mech?

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
That's all well and good but the thing to remember that the balance of the mod and enjoyment of it's players overrule any lore concerns.

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2017, 04:11:00 PM »
I would like to vouch for the Whammy Prime, that thing is a beast of a second line "right behind you buddy" mech. Brick enough to take any heat directed its way, big enough to scare people into attacking a less important target, powerful enough to contribute.

Also Bushy Prime is the #1 second line mech in the game, especially with that HVAC thing it now has...
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »
That's all well and good but the thing to remember that the balance of the mod and enjoyment of it's players overrule any lore concerns.
With exactly this policy, if we where to ever get the Marauder mech into existence, it would fall short to even an today Uziel, let alone an MadCat or Vulture?

I beg to differ.

Justice for WarHammer Prime (deplete it of two ticket points)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2017, 09:39:59 PM »
Cest mate, you've been told before. Less emboldening and smileys more trying to make sure your point is understood (which I did fine with this one after my eyes darted between all the bold words first haha). If you want (and I'm being genuine here, not condescending) I'd be up for helping to get your English from the realm of potentially understood into the realms of fully understood. If you're interested shoot me a pm and we can arrange something.

I think the Maruader would likely be a poor fit for MWLL though mate, at least the prime (though it could again be another heavy who's price point puts it a couple of brackets ahead of others, available even before the Whammy for instance) would be. I'm sure there are canon variants from 3067 that'd make the thing viable.

Having said that, I'm not sure it's 100% good fit for the mod anyway. It'd require what would likely be a unique set of mechlegs (and all the fun of rigging and animating them) and that effort would likely be better spent on a set that could be shared between a few (and don't be saying the Marauder 2 you cheeky boy).

Offline cest73

• Star Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2017, 11:36:03 PM »
Dear Bill,

I write this slowly, so You can have the time to understand it correctly. ;)

Are You still with me?

Okay,

We could use Avatar's legs and the top most weapon is on right torso, so it all figures?

The MAD-5... models seem to be not so squishy as the SLDF ones where?

Besides that, all seem to use the twin UAC10 MadCat  lately...

Did You try to enable English subtitles while reading?
 ;D