Author Topic: Revert back some of the old mech builds in Community Edition  (Read 5254 times)

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-3
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
Re: Revert back some of the old mech builds in Community Edition
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:13 PM »
Inv: really its like)  https://youtu.be/R652T-pBHxk

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 07:42:41 PM »
Old Warhammer Prime should be brought back as a new variant to replace one of the silly schizo-whammys

The new Whammy Prime is a decent mech but it lacks the brutality and adaptability of the old one, which had a decent electronics suite.
Plus right now it's doubly-fapped by the ppc hit registration being so bad. Once that's fixed I think the current prime will be ok.

But yea the old prime was a good variant.

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 11:44:15 PM »
Inv: really its like)  https://youtu.be/R652T-pBHxk

I too have sniped derpy BA with things like the Hollander Prime or PPCs.

But when decent BA is humping you with Heavy small and PPC? You will do more praying than spraying with those sniper weapons.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 02:29:32 AM »
Old Warhammer Prime should be brought back as a new variant to replace one of the silly schizo-whammys

The new Whammy Prime is a decent mech but it lacks the brutality and adaptability of the old one, which had a decent electronics suite.

Saber, try out the new Warhammer C. When I heard the Prime was becoming the cheap hammer I was all up in arms. But after a long discussion this Warhammer was born to replace it:

2 LBL, 2 SSRM6, 1 LBX10, GECM, BAP, LAMS

Same electronics as the Prime, just different weapons.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-15
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »
How about Catapults became useful again?

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2016, 08:18:16 AM »

Plus right now it's doubly-fapped by the ppc hit registration being so bad. Once that's fixed I think the current prime will be ok.

There was nothing wrong with it.  It wasn't OP or underpowered, it was just right.

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2016, 10:25:44 AM »

There was nothing wrong with it.  It wasn't OP or underpowered, it was just right.

It was changed so that we could have a nice and cheap Warhammer instead of crappy and cheap like the old cheap ones. To make the Prime cheaper, they took off the electronics and slapped in a standard engine (which weighs a lot more but gives better survivability in terms of side torso to center torso damage transfer rate). It also lost some weapons and armor in the process. It's now far more accessible, especially in the punishing economy of 080. I'm still sad that it's gone, but do try out the new Warhammer C. It does a lot of the stuff that the prime did.

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »

It was changed so that we could have a nice and cheap Warhammer instead of crappy and cheap like the old cheap ones. To make the Prime cheaper, they took off the electronics and slapped in a standard engine (which weighs a lot more but gives better survivability in terms of side torso to center torso damage transfer rate). It also lost some weapons and armor in the process. It's now far more accessible, especially in the punishing economy of 080. I'm still sad that it's gone, but do try out the new Warhammer C. It does a lot of the stuff that the prime did.

That one is alright, but more than half of its firepower comes from ammo based weapons, and it has no free tons. Once you expend your SSRMs (which happens alarmingly quickly) and the LBX, you're just a giant slow Owens.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2016, 08:56:17 PM »

Saber, try out the new Warhammer C. When I heard the Prime was becoming the cheap hammer I was all up in arms. But after a long discussion this Warhammer was born to replace it:

2 LBL, 2 SSRM6, 1 LBX10, GECM, BAP, LAMS

Same electronics as the Prime, just different weapons.
I have driven the sneak-hammer a few times now. Quite capable.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2016, 11:17:38 PM »

That one is alright, but more than half of its firepower comes from ammo based weapons, and it has no free tons. Once you expend your SSRMs (which happens alarmingly quickly) and the LBX, you're just a giant slow Owens.

I'm really not concerned about it running out of ammo with the LBX10. It happens, but so infrequently that it's not normally an issue. Yes, the streaks are gone super fast.

I could be convinced to recommend a change. Like 2x SSRM6 to 2x SSRM4 with 2 free tons of ammo to give it some more staying power. Too bad there's like no good place left on it to put anything, otherwise I'd recommend using those tons for 4 SBLs, but there's just no place to put them. I did check all the other Warhammers and there's one of them that has Mguns in the external along side a UAC20. Hypothetically, instead of running 2 free tons of ammo, the Warhammer C could run 2x SSRM4 and 2x SPL, sticking the SPLs in the external. Alternatively, the two extra tons could go for C3 or NARC or upgrade the BAP to BHP and with the last ton get TAG.

Warhammer C (Current)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
10 for SSRM6 x2
10 for LBL x2
1 for BAP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for DHS x2

Warhammer C (with more ammo)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
8 for SSRM4 x2
10 for LBL x2
1 for BAP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for DHS x2
2 for Ammo

Warhammer C (With C3)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
8 for SSRM4 x2
10 for LBL x2
1 for BAP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for C3
2 for DHS x2

Warhammer C (With SPL x2)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
8 for SSRM4 x2
10 for LBL x2
2 for SPL x2
1 for BAP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for DHS x2

Warhammer C (With BHP+TAG)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
8 for SSRM4 x2
10 for LBL x2
1 for TAG
2 for BHP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for DHS x2

Warhammer C (With NARC)
37 tons of podspace
11 for LBX10
8 for SSRM4 x2
10 for LBL x2
2 for NARC
1 for BAP
1 for GECM
2 for LAMS
2 for DHS x2

------------------------------

Also, Saber, what are your ideas for the Warhamer G, the current schizo-hammer?

Warhammer G (Current)
37 tons of podspace
7 for LRM15
13 for HVAC10 (double checked, it is 13 tons)
7 for ERPPC
6 for AC2 x2
1 for ERSBL x2
1 for DHS
2 for Ammo

« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:50:36 AM by Warlord Kentax »

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-15
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (kudos: Spooky)
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2016, 05:39:09 PM »
We badly need a mech lab :/

We could get one that generates the needed XML files at least?

Other than that, we could break away with the 6  or 8 variants per model?

in CBT some models have tonnes of variants, so why adhere to it?

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 09:45:19 PM »

Mechlab would basically just ask PGI to send a cease and desist letter. Also, I really don't think the community of developers is ready to take on a task that monumental. Also, they aren't adhering to 6 or 8 variants because they think that's the way it's done in canon. They do it so that the buy menu isn't cluttered as much and so that things don't become too chassis focused. If everything had LRMs, you'd always choose the best cassis for LRMs and the other ones wouldn't get used. If you gave every cassis gauss, then you'd always choose the best chassis with gauss (forget the gauss hollander, go with the gauss raven instead). They did have more variants back in 071 like with the Shiva, Sulla, Visigoth, and Corsair. They had 10 variants of each! But basically half of them were never used. Sulla didn't get cut down to 8 like everything else for 080 because at this point there's no clan light aircraft equivalent of the Sparrowhawk, the extra Sullas are a temporary fix.

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »

Mechlab in MWO is something I've grown to hate as there you see everything run the same Laser + Gauss or PPC + Gauss builds. I'd imagine it be lasers mixed with gauss here too, at least that's what I would do. With mechlab you wouldn't see a single Madcat Prime-like mech run in the field, which for me is one of my favourite assets in this game.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:44 AM »
MWLL is a strong independent woman who don't need no mechlab.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:40 PM »
MWLL is a strong independent woman who don't need no mechlab.
Amen. Could do in FFA Solaris I guess. There like 90% of the assets are useless so why not.