Author Topic: Fixing aircraft landing  (Read 358 times)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
Fixing aircraft landing
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:57:38 AM »
Since aircraft are all but guaranteed to explode and die when landing after the physics changes, here's some remedies:

1. Allow them to reload mid-air.
2. Allow them to sell mid-air, potentially with a better rate of return.
3. Dramatically increase the flight speed and altitude at which landing gear deploys.

I looked at the XML file for the Corsair and it only deploys its landing gear below ~160kph and below 45 meters of altitude. That's pretty much right at the point where it stalls and looses all control.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
Re: Fixing aircraft landing
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 06:53:04 AM »
I agree on all points.  I never understood why reloading in midair was removed in the first place, aside from perhaps "muh realism".

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »
I agree on all points.  I never understood why reloading in midair was removed in the first place, aside from perhaps "muh realism".

Back in the day the firebomb and Tbolt Sulla were the destroyer of worlds, able to reliably cripple a heavy with a single pair of munitions, before afterburning back to base to get another set.

Now that Tbolts deal less damage and Firebombs are multi-shot weapons with reloads, it's no longer much of an issue.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:31:14 AM »
I used to race full blast into the hangar while pressing J to sell ASF. I accidently let a dev know at one point. They fixed it :(
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 02:18:28 PM »
there is torching for people who do that  ;)
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
Yes the landing gear should deploy much earlier (170kph maybe?), right now it's the same for every plane. The bigger you are, the easier it is to land right now. Actionmapper has an option to deploy landing gear, but after trying to make it work multiple times I can say it just doesn't work, and / or there is no actual indicator if the landing gear is deployed.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 06:57:44 PM »
Right now for a Sulla, Corsair, or Sparrow Hawk I have to nose down in order to land. At present they have too much lift at slow speeds. Here I am in a sparrowhawk at 120kph, I pull up to decelerate more and to allow my back landing gear to touch first. But instead I fly off into the sky and have to put out some emergency thrust just to keep from stalling.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html