Author Topic: Can't play multiplayer?  (Read 658 times)

Offline pandatoby117

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Can't play multiplayer?
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:29:32 AM »
I've downloaded the combined pack and qtracker though when I click to join a server using the crysis war mod it just makes a black window?

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: Can't play multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 07:00:23 PM »
I've downloaded the combined pack and qtracker though when I click to join a server using the crysis war mod it just makes a black window?

What about the patches? We're on 8.2 now afaik.

Offline pandatoby117

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 09:25:46 PM »
Yup I've downloaded the entire thing maybe like 5 times now trying different steps to get to the same result and still either I get a black screen, "Disconnected from server" (when trying to log/register in with qtracker active), or it complains about the games files being altered. Clearly I'm doing something quite wrong, the updater does not let me use it giving me the "connect to internet" excuse despite me obviously being connected to the internet and the patch updater literally seemingly does nothing other than increase the chance of it coming to the conclusion of a black screen or "Game files have been altered".

Is there a thorough guide or video guide for this complicated stuff? Sadly despite literally following the guides on this website to the word numerous times there must be something missing or they're outdated and don't take into account you also have to download a patch now. Or if not if someone can give me a 1,2,3,4,5 step sort of thing that would also be nice, I know how to set up files correctly and everything nor am I complete noob but so far this game has made it extremely difficult to play despite rumors of "Just click download and play!!!!!!"

((PS, I think the questions on this website are broken most of the time? From asking people who are potentially new to know what Solaris 7 is to literally refusing clearly correct answers to questions (Do you hate spambots: yes  but then the website refuses so you've just got to pick the other option.) to flat out making you claim your not a human, like spam bots and all sorts of other stuff. Even when I do write Solaris Seven or Solaris 7 it literally just refuses most of the time to the degree I'm usually forced to just wait till it gives me a functioning question which makes some degree of sense. Also constantly makes me say MWLL isn't the best game ever? Does this game hate itself or something?))

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
Install 8.0 combined installer, then install patches in sequence. Any further problems connect to the irc via the web chat (or your irc client of choice).

What the fuck are you going on about in your pps?

Offline pandatoby117

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 01:13:24 AM »
As I stated pretty clearly I already tried that but I guess I'll just go to the chat then.

And Its pretty clear what I'm talking about in the post script, all pretty clearly stated. The questions you have to answer to post are broken.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 04:32:15 AM »
And Its pretty clear what I'm talking about in the post script, all pretty clearly stated. The questions you have to answer to post are broken.

It's clear for you, your sentence structure is all fapping gobbledygook to me.

Are you using a guest account or something, because I have never encountered what you're talking about.

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »
Yup I've downloaded the entire thing maybe like 5 times now trying different steps to get to the same result and still either I get a black screen, "Disconnected from server" (when trying to log/register in with qtracker active), or it complains about the games files being altered. Clearly I'm doing something quite wrong, the updater does not let me use it giving me the "connect to internet" excuse despite me obviously being connected to the internet and the patch updater literally seemingly does nothing other than increase the chance of it coming to the conclusion of a black screen or "Game files have been altered".

Is there a thorough guide or video guide for this complicated stuff? Sadly despite literally following the guides on this website to the word numerous times there must be something missing or they're outdated and don't take into account you also have to download a patch now. Or if not if someone can give me a 1,2,3,4,5 step sort of thing that would also be nice, I know how to set up files correctly and everything nor am I complete noob but so far this game has made it extremely difficult to play despite rumors of "Just click download and play!!!!!!"

((PS, I think the questions on this website are broken most of the time? From asking people who are potentially new to know what Solaris 7 is to literally refusing clearly correct answers to questions (Do you hate spambots: yes  but then the website refuses so you've just got to pick the other option.) to flat out making you claim your not a human, like spam bots and all sorts of other stuff. Even when I do write Solaris Seven or Solaris 7 it literally just refuses most of the time to the degree I'm usually forced to just wait till it gives me a functioning question which makes some degree of sense. Also constantly makes me say MWLL isn't the best game ever? Does this game hate itself or something?))

Hi pandatoby117,

New here myself and only installed MMLL a couple nights ago, luckily with no issues. First and foremost with the security questions, the answer to the "Solaris" question is "arena", how did you even register or post in here?

Regarding your issues with the game install, current version is 0.8.2. Not sure where you got your install files from but I got mine from the below link and haven't had any issues. Download the 6GB 0.8 version and also the 380MB 0.8.2 patch. Be sure to extract all the install files (don't just run the Exe from within the compressed folder), run the install exe and finish the installer without running the launcher. Then run the patch exe, when finished open the launcher and you'll likely be prompted to install some additional .net files or something (just click yes to everything until you access the launcher. Also remember the Windows firewall prompt the first time you connect to a server) that it will download from the Internet. You may also need to install Java to run the actionmapper for the launcher if wanting to change your control mappings:

https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

Now you should simply need to create a bogus qtracker login when you go to the Internet option under the Multiplayer area in game, select a server and connect. At least that's how easy it was for me, if you still run into problems let us know and we'll try to help ;)

- Valheru

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »

It's clear for you, your sentence structure is all fapping gobbledygook to me.

Are you using a guest account or something, because I have never encountered what you're talking about.
Bill, my dude (this is Off Topic I admit).
It was always You, who can't figure it, not us, who where broken.

Where in the hell did You find Yourself the reference point of whats normal?  :)

He clearly references to the really quirky join process of the forum - one is expected to wade through quite few and quite odd questions and captchas to prove he's a human (and real person).  ::)
1. This indicates two: You clearly missed it by being a member before those harsh measures where in act
2. You consider Yourself an all knowing entity called to respond to whatever is thrown along, be it Your way or not.

I'm in a great relief it was not me who made the water murky back then  ;)

Back to topic:
@pandatoby117
worry not my friend, we will get You there, just bare with us. We made quite few work, You can't be worse than they. :D

We just a bunch of humans, we make mistakes, be a bit patient with us - and You enjoy the best game ever in return!
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 05:38:16 PM »
Ok, I'm to being alwayts of speaking as my friendly internet compatriots, henceforth.

There is no puzzle to my dialogue, is syntactically perfect, reading proof is never not a requirement for my lavish speakings.

Also I've joining this forum across many century ago, is it my fault to fuck if memory is that of middle aged man?

Noe I end on ambiguity and smiled faces  ::)

Offline Serpentus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
  • Score: -167772
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 07:22:18 AM »
Here's a pretty simple install guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/MWLL/wiki/guides/install

For questions, you can go to:

mwll discord https://discord.gg/XzUZHcx

mwll IRC on webchat.quakenet.org, go to #mwll

mwll reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MWLL/

Online Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
I've downloaded the combined pack

So you downloaded and installed "MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.8 Community Edition" (MWLL-0.8CE+CW.zip) from https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/?

and qtracker

Do you mean the "Gamespy Fix" (CrysisWars-GameSpyFix.exe), which patches the game to use qtracker instead of Gamespy? If you used the 0.8 Community Edition installer, you don't need that, since it's already integrated (but it does not hurt).

though when I click to join a server using the crysis war mod it just makes a black window?

Hm, I haven't heard of such a problem yet, but try adding

Code: [Select]
consoleshow
to your autoexec.cfg in your Crysis Wars directory.

Since official development has ceased, this forum is more or less unmaintained.

Offline =CJW= Bin Fish

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
  • Gimme a Bloodkite!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
Ok, I'm to being alwayts of speaking as my friendly internet compatriots, henceforth.

There is no puzzle to my dialogue, is syntactically perfect, reading proof is never not a requirement for my lavish speakings.

Also I've joining this forum across many century ago, is it my fault to fuck if memory is that of middle aged man?

I love you.
lol no Bin Fish, cane mala, non biscoctus :P

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »

You had me chewing this one,...
... almost ;)

Yes, our native sentence syntax is different and apparently more complex than the typical Anglican is.

It's like try walking in too tight shoes for a while, no help to that.

Russians even made Yandex.ru so they have a tool to search the net more efficiently due to more complex semantics versus English languages.

re: Your syntax, while admittedly perfect, it is of little virtue, when eclipsed by that of an machine :(
spellcheck does wonder for us illiterate abroadezens  ::)

You are not found guilty, just got merely categorized as sub-divine, so equal to the rest of us - mortal :) internet compatriots
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 02:28:33 AM »
Yes, our native sentence syntax is different and apparently more complex than the typical Anglican is.

It's like try walking in too tight shoes for a while, no help to that.

Russians even made Yandex.ru so they have a tool to search the net more efficiently due to more complex semantics versus English languages.

re: Your syntax, while admittedly perfect, it is of little virtue, when eclipsed by that of an machine :(
spellcheck does wonder for us illiterate abroadezens  ::)

You are not found guilty, just got merely categorized as sub-divine, so equal to the rest of us - mortal :) internet compatriots

I'm aware of the challenges mate, I don't only post on english speaking forums and have to rely on far more barbaric tools than your otherwise excellent grip on english. And your ofc correct that Russian is particularly troublesome, I've certainly made a tit of myself in the past when using it to communicate.

But anyway, I was just playfully trying to hint on that there's a difference between being understood and just inferring when communicating in a foreign language, you don't want to talk in too simple terms for fear of appearing to only have a toddler's grasp of the language you're using. But as the complexity of what you're trying to say goes up you have to remember all the little quirks of the language (of which English is a major offender). My comment about syntax was basically to say that's the only real area wherein you're not 100% clear. And as it's quite an important part of the english language (well all languages really, but you for one I'm sure will know how annoying it can be) it tends to throw the rest of what you're saying a bit off, so often I'm left with an approximation.

Which is likely why we both crash into one another quite so often haha, that and as long as you know it's all meant in good spirit.

As for being on trial is there any way I can convince you to change your verdict, I wouldn't mind being executed. We could have a mad show trial like good old Chikatilo, I promise I won't even get my knob out or anything.

I was just trying playfully let on that there's a difference between being understood and inferring

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 11:10:33 AM »
Yes, yes, but how about polite for a change?

Dude, write in short simple sentences, so we the native speakers, know exactly what you claim, and not guess (and wrongly so) what You might think?

Yes English is, hands down, high grade, but just assume the other side is of like level in it's native language too?

I know few Russians, and they turned out to be quite literate, and elaborate even more so, but fail just plain silly on the language barrier.

My case is different, I'm just damn lazy as hell (I admit it)  ::), and bare a gift to easy translate whatever.

Also, short simple sentences make miracles in language barriers (1st hand experience many times over)

Are we done with hijacking this thread?  ;)

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!