Author Topic: No sound at all - intro vids, menus or in game  (Read 517 times)

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
Re: No sound at all - intro vids, menus or in game
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 02:10:31 AM »
Doesn't explain the difference causing the issue between my desktop gaming PC and the compute stick but oh well, not fussed as said :)

Cheers for the replies and good hunting pilots! ;D

- Valheru

It's probably not configured to use the stick currently, plenty of people play mwll with a flight stick (at least for aerospace, you're asking for trouble if you want to mech pilot using one imho). I'm not sure how to configure the actionmapper right now as I think the default one was disabled some point recently. Don't quote me on that though.

OK...Bill, thanks for the reply but I'm not talking about a joystick. I don't know if it's a language barrier thing (though I thought I was being pretty clear in specifically saying it is a stick PC called the "Intel Compute Stick") but to clarify the whole matter for anyone else reading this thread:

- I have my normal desktop gaming PC, it's a full tower running Windows 10 64bit with DX12 installed and runs MWLL flawlessly without any issues.

- I also have a Intel Compute Stick M3 which is a tiny PC that looks like a slightly larger USB flash drive however instead of a USB connection it has a HDMI connection which you can plug into any TV or HDMI supported monitor or display to turn it into a fully fledged PC with the addition of a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse. It is also running Windows 10 64bit with DX12 installed and I have this plugged in permanently to my 55" LCD TV and thought it would be interesting to see if MWLL would run ok on it. To my surprise it runs completely smooth on all medium settings at 1920x1080 resolution with the only issue being that there was no sound working in game. Sound for everything else on the compute stick works fine, it was only MWLL where I had the issue and I have resolved it by forcing it to run in DX9 via the MWLL launcher options.

Intel Compute Stick M3 -> https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36472/intel-compute-stick-stk2m364cc-portable-pc/

I hope this clears up any confusion I may have caused ;)

Edit: Also a tiny bit of background on myself - I work in IT so while not an expert in any particular field, I generally have a decent idea of what I'm on about with computers which is why I was first asking at the start of this thread whether anyone had any other ideas of what I could check or try with MWLL as I was pretty sure the issue wasn't with my PC system. That's not to say it couldn't be but I wanted to rule out the game first before I began delving into drivers and real left field and random tinkering around in Windows to try and get something working that I wasn't overly worried about getting to work anyway.

Just to reiterate as well, I'm completely appreciative of the replies and help offered in this thread :D

- Valheru
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:19:32 AM by Valheru »

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 06:00:41 AM »
Oh my bad, I'd totally forgot they were even a thing. Last I looked they weren't really up to playing games just then, glad to hear they've improved. That and well, I thought you were being oddly specific that you had a pc only joystick   :-[

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 06:24:10 AM »
Oh my bad, I'd totally forgot they were even a thing. Last I looked they weren't really up to playing games just then, glad to hear they've improved. That and well, I thought you were being oddly specific that you had a pc only joystick   :-[

Ha ha, no stress Bill ;D

This new Core M lineup of compute sticks are pretty nice (but for a pretty penny to) with the M3 that I've got supporting 4k playback and a very smooth multi-tasking windows experience and it's a slouch compared to the M5 version which will set you back around $800 australian and that's without an OS! Also because they increased RAM from 2GB to 4GB it pushes you from the $29 price bracket to $199 for a copy of windows to be included with the M3 version ::)

- Valheru