Author Topic: A new player record!  (Read 1600 times)

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
A new player record!
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:38:56 PM »
We now have more players on 0.8.2 than 0.7 ever had.

Let's make the most of this recent influx and multiply it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:56:13 PM by HAARP »
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
Re: A new player record!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:47:07 PM »
Ohh shit boi we have 2 servers filled? I didn't even know... brb hopping

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:03:33 PM »
Could be something to do with BlueDrake's videos helping get the word out there which is how I found my way to MWLL and the forums here a week ago :)

- Valheru

Online Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 11:07:55 PM »
Could be something to do with BlueDrake's videos helping get the word out there which is how I found my way to MWLL and the forums here a week ago :)

- Valheru

That's pretty much what I thought, he got a lot kinda wrong in that video, but it was nice to see him getting spanked by BenBen over and over again.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 12:02:22 AM »
could we possibly up the player limits to 30 without risking damage?

or are we better to spawn more servers?

@haarp what do the traffic amounts to, to host one TSA/TC server for an average month? what's the recommended throughput?

What would You advise for one to purchase, if up to serve an MW:LL triplet (SA+official maps TSA/TC+ community maps TSA/TC)?
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline Mech Daddy

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-54
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 01:36:25 AM »
@cest73 We have 2 EU servers and 2 US servers for real gameplay plus the training server, I don't think that we need more, or if we did we could use a 3rd euro server with the same ruleset as Funbocks alpha/beta. I'd just want that people played Funbocks Beta more, I'm not really in to custom maps.

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 02:30:12 AM »
Any chance of an Asia Pacific server instead of an extra Euro? (unless all the extra players are mainly coming from Euro of course ;) ). I'm from Australia myself and my brother could be joining us shortly as well (hopefully).

- Valheru

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:25 AM »
New players if you're reading this, don't be deadweight and sit a kilometer from the nearest enemy and lob LRMs at them.  This does not help your team, this does not capture objectives, this does not win the game.  Learn how to brawl, don't be afraid to get in the enemy's face.  You'll have more fun and become a better player.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:18:58 AM »
New players if you're reading this, don't be deadweight and sit a kilometer from the nearest enemy and lob LRMs at them.  This does not help your team, this does not capture objectives, this does not win the game.  Learn how to brawl, don't be afraid to get in the enemy's face.  You'll have more fun and become a better player.

I've already completely read through the Pro tips thread myself though I've yet to even clock up an hour in the seat of a mech in MWLL let alone any of the other vehicles :P

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,6162.0.html

It's more about getting back into the normal swing of things post Christmas and New Years so I can find time to sit down for some proper play sessions and start getting some decent hours under the belt. I do already have some minor prior experience in previous mechwarrior games including MWO but I'm defintely very rusty and was never an elite pilot at any time, however I'm not afraid to throw myself into the fray either ;)

- Valheru

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:03:48 AM »
I am presently downloading the game to check out everything that has been added. Kudos to everyone continuing things going.

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 06:28:52 AM »
I am presently downloading the game to check out everything that has been added. Kudos to everyone continuing things going.

I didn't actually realise it had been around for so long, starting development I believe in 2006? I remember briefly seeing some random footage a couple of years ago when I was playing a bit of MWO but the graphics weren't that nice compared to MWO and I knew squat about MWLL so I never looked into it any further....now I wish I had or had stumbled across some of the videos I've now seen. I feel like I've missed what could have been quite a few golden years of gaming with MWLL only to get on board as it is now reaching old age and basically has already died off.

At least it seems there is a core group of enthusiasts keeping it somewhat alive for new people to continue to experience what MWLL has to actually offer in comparison to the meagre offerings of MWO which fell short of even it's own promises by a long way.

- Valheru

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:37:24 AM »

I didn't actually realise it had been around for so long, starting development I believe in 2006? I remember briefly seeing some random footage a couple of years ago when I was playing a bit of MWO but the graphics weren't that nice compared to MWO and I knew squat about MWLL so I never looked into it any further....now I wish I had or had stumbled across some of the videos I've now seen. I feel like I've missed what could have been quite a few golden years of gaming with MWLL only to get on board as it is now reaching old age and basically has already died off.

At least it seems there is a core group of enthusiasts keeping it somewhat alive for new people to continue to experience what MWLL has to actually offer in comparison to the meagre offerings of MWO which fell short of even it's own promises by a long way.

- Valheru

Nah, man. MWLL hasn't "basically already died off." We are in the MWLL renaissance.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 10:03:10 AM »
could we possibly up the player limits to 30 without risking damage?

No, that would be a bad idea. There are already many players who experience connection issue with 20+ players, depending on how much is going on. Increasing the player limit would only make it worse for those.

Also decreasing the player limits can actually cause the total number of players to rise during certain times of days, since it's more likely that more servers get populated and thus there is more room for more players in total.

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 05:58:02 PM »
28 players is already stretching it. Ideally you'd limit it to 26.

Shitty Cryengine netcode.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:23 PM »
How about then, max be 24 and spawn one new instance (puretech? last man standing?)

Few times there where two full (28 x2  !:)!) and some few players across the other ones?

Maybe just decrease it to safe 24 and wait and see?

Game really goes apart as soon many things go on for a while?

"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!