Author Topic: Nerf LRMs.  (Read 922 times)

Offline BlackRonin

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Nerf LRMs.
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:39:17 AM »
At least on lighter assets. Too many lighter assets have LRMs and not enough of them have AMS. LRMs on 1-2 light assets that are affordable ranking up 2-3 times is fine, but it's annoying to deal with them for the first 10 minutes especially if I'm brawling 2-3 other prime/mxpl osiris's with a osiris prime/LBX20 solitares

tl;dr basically every light asset has 2-3 variants mounting LRM5s or 10s and it's affordable from rank one. Also not enough units mounting AMS to my knowledge

Also bring back agent orange or twinkletoes they were fun :(
LRMs are what's wrong with the world, for I can 3 shot in a LBX20 Blood Asp.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
Re: Nerf LRMs.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »
LRMs are non issue IMO.

1. Easy to duck
2. Feeble firepower and DPS
3. Not usable at point blank (except if Clan Tech  ::) )
4. Low -income and -rank bonus

Only thing they good at right now is support:

One can't stride over long open patches of land and afford to ignore few players spawning from distance (LRM campers)

TL;DR: try get one at start and see for Your self?
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline BlackRonin

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:44:14 AM »
I'd rather not get one at the start since they're imo a waste of tonnage. Indirect fire that is not guaranteed a hit (asides from longtom) is almost worthless w/o effective team play, along with having to keep myself crouch makes me too easy of a target against a experienced player.

I don't think theres anything wrong with LRMs (asides from my personal bias from mwo hehe), I just don't think they should be available so early in the game, especially on light mechs affordable with first rank simply because LRMs at that stage of the game can easily take out lighter assets, especially common assets like the Osiris P, any of the Solitaires, etc.
LRMs are what's wrong with the world, for I can 3 shot in a LBX20 Blood Asp.

Offline mechlessar

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:47 AM »
BlackRonin Spoke:
I'd rather not get one at the start since they're imo a waste of tonnage. Indirect fire that is not guaranteed a hit (asides from longtom) is almost worthless w/o effective team play, along with having to keep myself crouch makes me too easy of a target against a experienced player.

I don't think theres anything wrong with LRMs (asides from my personal bias from mwo hehe), I just don't think they should be available so early in the game, especially on light mechs affordable with first rank simply because LRMs at that stage of the game can easily take out lighter assets, especially common assets like the Osiris P, any of the Solitaires, etc.

Are you saying me? XD
Here, let me tell you my experiences in MWLL since 2013. Last time, I was like you who really like LRM boats. But now I use it in different circumstances. For if you join the server late game stage, you better use LRMs than short range. Using LRM give you lower scores but better than you driving little puny mech and rambo at assault mechs, or worse, Fafnir (the big boss), Daishi (Death Angel), and Bloodasp( the big boys) :P that died eventually and get not even 1/4 scores. Using LRM can give support of active radar to detect enemies for your allies, and in late game, better! You use LRM boat successfully killed heavy or assault mechs, more scores. And best thing is, the terrain, geographic situations. If plain lands like u played last time or 2 days ago, is the best choice of using LRMs. Longer LRM on battlefield while killing enemies more and give support, even little scores and experiences will change your matter of life and death, and also limited match time. :)

"I can 3 shot in a LBX20 Blood Asp."
Really!? Never though of LBX20 can deal that high damage!? I always ignore weapons that have LBX's name.

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »
tl;dr PLs nerf the stuff that keeps shooting me!!!

no.

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 04:45:51 PM »
As much as I hate them, I think lurms are well balanced right now in terms of damage and tracking.  It's more of an issue with maps and game modes that encourage their use so heavily.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 04:54:07 PM »
Or teams full of newer players who think narc + team full of LRM's = the height of combined arms, but that tends to go away after a few routs by brawlers.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »
Being a new player to MWLL, all I will say is - I don't think your OP was big enough to warrant a TL:DR :P

- Valheru

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 12:55:55 AM »
Please nerf anime avatars on the internet, they are the rallying banner of neonazi shock rock bands.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:17:18 AM »
Please nerf anime avatars on the internet, they are the rallying banner of neonazi shock rock bands.
Speaking of which, where You'd get that Superman sight DOHC Lotus "tuned" clip in your sig? 8)
This is the "Lotus Esprit" right?
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 05:22:03 PM »
As much as I hate them, I think lurms are well balanced right now in terms of damage and tracking.  It's more of an issue with maps and game modes that encourage their use so heavily.

Yeah, when map rotations keep running Clear Cut and Palisades repeatedly LRMs are going to be the meta. Except they aren't. Direct fire like PPC and Gauss are almost always going to be more viable than the same tonnage of LRMs in the right hands on a pub match.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Sxooter

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +114/-30
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

Yeah, when map rotations keep running Clear Cut and Palisades repeatedly LRMs are going to be the meta. Except they aren't. Direct fire like PPC and Gauss are almost always going to be more viable than the same tonnage of LRMs in the right hands on a pub match.
Yep, aka "everything has a counter"

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »
This is the "Lotus Esprit" right?

Nah, it's a Toyota AE86, they do look a bit alike though I'll grant you that.

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »
Except,o silly me, the engine placement  ::)

There is quite few facts regarding 86 heritage in Nippon? ;)

1st 2 weeks and BA guide
NEWS!

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »
I'm a fan of touge, it's the most iconic touge car. Not much to see here.