Author Topic: AMA & Development Livestream w/ Kamikaze & Serpentus  (Read 798 times)

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
AMA & Development Livestream w/ Kamikaze & Serpentus
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:55:09 AM »
Hey Guys,

Not sure about Shivaxi's own reasons for not posting this on here (yet anyway), a youtube commenter though seemed to think these forums dead but that's not what I've witnessed since becoming active on here myself over the past month and a bit and with MWLL getting more attention and growing in popularity again, I'm sure the forums will see a resurgence as well as more vets return to a game that has started development again (which is what the below is partly about) and new players come on board and wanting to be part of the dedicated community that has kept this awesome game going.

So without further ado, please find below an absolute gem of a live stream hosted by Shivaxi that at least for me, kept my avid attention for the full 3.5hrs it goes for with some pretty awesome insight and stories into the development of MWLL and where it's headed with continued community development:

Livestream with original Wandering Samurai founder Kamikaze and community developer Serpentus for MechWarrior: Living Legends. Join us as we hear first hand and talk about Living Legends, how it all started, where it is today, and what the future looks like for the game (sneak peaks included), as well as answering questions from you guys and the community.

A special thanks also to Star Wraith and Warlord Kentax for joining us and being a part of the stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtpHZdtUYTs

- Valheru

Edit: By the way, anyone know the bbcode or HTML tag to embed video on here?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 05:18:18 AM by Valheru »

Offline Humbug

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
Re: AMA & Development Livestream w/ Kamikaze & Serpentus
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:01:24 AM »
Yeah it was an awesome stream. Big props to Shivaxi and the developers both new and old for coming on and discussing the history and future of the game.
AKA MechGyver in game. Building cheap mechs with gum, a paper clip and a straw.

Offline Shivaxi

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 05:00:53 AM »
hey thanks for posting this!  I actually had to remember my login for this haha, it's been forever since I've been on the forums :P  Glad you guys enjoyed the stream!

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:16:36 AM »
hey thanks for posting this!  I actually had to remember my login for this haha, it's been forever since I've been on the forums :P  Glad you guys enjoyed the stream!

LOL, no worries at all and thanks again to yourself for a brilliant live stream with the devs :D

Hopefully we'll all have more and more reason to continue visiting and posting here over the next few months and following number of years. The talk in the live stream left me with a lot of hope and excitement for the future prospects of the game.

- Valheru

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »
a youtube commenter though seemed to think these forums dead but that's not what I've witnessed since becoming active on here

Well that smart and no doubt sexy guy is entirely correct, the forum is basically dead. I'd go so far to say that if we can't really get front page access and the like then we should ask whoever still has the key to shut the site down so we can have a replacement.

I also don't see the point in posting something like this, are we all just going to sit in a circle tantric wanking each other off over how cool we are and what good work has been done?

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:02:59 PM »
a youtube commenter though seemed to think these forums dead but that's not what I've witnessed since becoming active on here

Well that smart and no doubt sexy guy is entirely correct, the forum is basically dead. I'd go so far to say that if we can't really get front page access and the like then we should ask whoever still has the key to shut the site down so we can have a replacement.

I also don't see the point in posting something like this, are we all just going to sit in a circle tantric wanking each other off over how cool we are and what good work has been done?
Are you a prophet?

I expect such male bonding to happen once we move in to our new virtual home though, knowwhamsayn?

Offline Xesle

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +84/-19
  • Git gud scrubs
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »
I've heard worse reasons to post.

Prodigal son my ass.

Offline Starch1ld

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-25
  • hi
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 02:26:57 AM »
Well that smart and no doubt sexy guy is entirely correct, the forum is basically dead.
Probably because everyone now is on Discord :P

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »
@Star,
Friends shouldn't suck up to each other, bu, You where right regarding Discord from the start.

Now I said it. Sue me.
 ::)
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +125/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »

Leer has that stuff. I tried to get it a long ass time ago but he just disappeared.
My milk shakes!

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »

Leer has that stuff. I tried to get it a long ass time ago but he just disappeared.
The new forums are coming. And I expect every one of you to haul their damn assess over there. My life wouldn't be complete without reading your drivel and regretting never answering to it.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »

Which in itself is fucking stupid considering it's supposed to be a development environment.

Offline Serpentus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
  • Score: -167772
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »

Which in itself is fucking stupid considering it's supposed to be a development environment.

Nah, that discord is for the community. The dev discord is somewhere far away, shrouded in myth and secrecy :D

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 07:04:01 PM »
Nah, that discord is for the community. The dev discord is somewhere far away, shrouded in myth and secrecy :D

Fair play, as I've said to you in PM it's not something that I've never really used (I am becoming more of a sludge man), so that was an assumption on my part.

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »

Fair play, as I've said to you in PM it's not something that I've never really used (I am becoming more of a sludge man), so that was an assumption on my part.
Now that you know, are you finally going to hop on, so we can have our Saturday night sexchats much easier (moreover in public)?

jkjk breh, don't want to force you into this... think about the sexchat though