Author Topic: Australian Pilots Unite! (aka gather here)  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
Australian Pilots Unite! (aka gather here)
« on: February 08, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »
Hey Everyone,

So out of a half full server there seemed to be a number of us aussies putting up with 3-400ms pings (and inflicting it on our poor overseas brothers and sisters ;) ) and it just seemed silly to continue that way when there's bloody aussie servers to play on!

So sound off here if you're an aussie mech pilot and want to meet up on the aussie servers which I believe currently are the two below ones:
  • [AU] Terrain Control Server
  • [AU] Solaris Arena Server
Basically any time you're on, just check if there's anyone in these servers and jump in if so. It's the only way we'll start populating the servers in the first place.

Of course if it's empty and you're dieing to jump into your mech then just hop into whatever server is currently populated but this is where the purpose of this thread comes in real handy - if you recognise a number of fellow aussie players in the overseas servers, yell out to them to jump into the aussie server and let the low ping carnage begin! :D

- Valheru

Time Zone Differences
VIC @8pm = SA @7:30pm (-0.5hrs)  /  NT @6:30pm (-1.5hrs)  /  WA @5pm (-3.0hrs)

Active Australian Pilots Register
  • Valheru (VIC)
  • Fatroll (NT)
  • Monty (WA)
  • Muffin_man17 (WA)
  • Nicosar (SA)
  • Siilk (VIC)
  • Spiritwalken (NT)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:16:13 AM by Valheru »

Offline Terragent

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
Re: Australian Pilots Unite! (aka gather here)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:15:52 PM »
Yo, I've just gotten back into the game after a long hiatus; from SA, ingame I go by Nicosar so that's probably a better thing to list than my forum nick.

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 04:08:31 PM »
Cheers Terragent / Nicosar, added you to the list :)

- Valheru

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
Hey, Valheru!

I'm on a very long break from both playing and being an apprentice dev(does that still counts for anything lol?) which I plan to break real soon(tm). Since my active days I moved to Australia(hence the break) so I guess you can sort of count me in as a semi-active half-retired pilot. =)

cheers!

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 11:23:41 AM »
Hey Siilk,

Glad to add you to the list and...welcome back? (says the newb mech pilot and forum member :P )

Which state or territory are you in? You don't have to say if you don't want, the other guys just offered it up when saying they were fellow aussies so I popped that in as well. Though if we get enough people on the register I might re-organise it by location.

Have you done any dev work on MWLL itself or looking to get involved?

- Valheru

Offline spiritwalken

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 01:46:40 PM »
Count me in (From NT)

I have waited a few times and no one plays on the AUS servers.

Guess we all go where the numbers are!

Offline Terragent

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 04:48:04 AM »
Yeah, I almost always just jump straight to Stompy Robots or Funbocks, since even with 300 ping the game's still very playable.

It might be worth organising times for people to join the Australian servers, perhaps?

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 04:12:55 AM »
Count me in (From NT)

I have waited a few times and no one plays on the AUS servers.

Guess we all go where the numbers are!

Hey Spiritwalken, added you to the list :)

Yeah, I almost always just jump straight to Stompy Robots or Funbocks, since even with 300 ping the game's still very playable.

It might be worth organising times for people to join the Australian servers, perhaps?

Yeah I'd say until we get a large enough group going that you could be waiting a while until someone else happened across the server and jumped in which is why I think the register will help.

Speaking in general to everyone, I actually ran into Nicosar (Terragent) last night in Shivaxi's US server (the only server last night with anyone in it during our active time) but even with a couple other high ping players, no one else owned up to being an aussie. If I had recognised another 1-2 or more aussies though I would have suggested we move over to the aussie server at the end of the match.

It's definitely a saving grace that due to the way the game plays, high pings remain very playable...to a certain point that is anyway. My brother exceeds 400+ and often gets auto kicked from the server for having too high a ping.

I think organising a time would be good except for the fact that I don't play regularly at the moment and I'd say this is the same for a number of people. Instead very similarly (at least for the time being), I suggest we simply make a few time windows for people to join and wait for 5 minutes to see if enough other people also turn up, if not then simply leave after 5 minutes and jump into whatever server is populated.

Let me know what everyone thinks of the below 2 hourly time windows:

Aussie [AU] Server Check Times
   Window 1      9:00 - 9:05pm VIC time       =   SA @ 8:30pm  /  NT @ 7:30pm  /  WA @ 6pm
   Window 2      11:00 - 11:05pm VIC time   =   SA @ 10:30pm  /  NT @ 9:30pm  /  WA @ 8pm
   Window 3      1:00 - 1:05am VIC time       =   SA @ 12:30am  /  NT @ 11:30pm  /  WA @ 10pm

If you do recognise 2-3 other players from the register in the same server as you though, suggest to them about moving to the AU server at the end of your current match and that way any other aussie players coming online afterwards will see the server populated and also join in.

- Valheru
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:08:15 PM by Valheru »

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:54 AM »
Hey Siilk,

Glad to add you to the list and...welcome back? (says the newb mech pilot and forum member :P )

Heh, that's all right. With me being inactive for 3+ years I'm not even sure if I can call myself a forum regular any more. =)

Which state or territory are you in? You don't have to say if you don't want, the other guys just offered it up when saying they were fellow aussies so I popped that in as well. Though if we get enough people on the register I might re-organise it by location.

No worries at all, I'm in Melbourne, Vic.

Have you done any dev work on MWLL itself or looking to get involved?

During my active days I've done some minor coding jobs for MWLL as well as some miscelaneous work for the community events(designing forum badges etc). I'm considering getting involved with the Community Edition development(given the current team will be interested in having me in) as my coding skills might come in handy.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
Hey Siilk,

Added your state tag and thanks then for your contributions so far to an awesome game :) I hope the community dev team continue to make good use of your skills then if you decide to offer them.

- Valheru

Offline spiritwalken

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:11 AM »
Wow 4 Aussies on THIS list that played in the "[Au] Terrain Control Server".

Was a blast and great for once to play on a low ping (even though my butt was being kicked at the end)!

I hope more of us are going to play on it and don't forget to spread the word! :D

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 03:42:31 AM »
Wow 4 Aussies on THIS list that played in the "[Au] Terrain Control Server".

Was a blast and great for once to play on a low ping (even though my butt was being kicked at the end)!

I hope more of us are going to play on it and don't forget to spread the word! :D

Was I in this match? Struggling to remember back that far :P

Had a great match against you last night Spirit despite the swearing (sorry about that :P ). I was getting a little frustrated with some of the situations I kept finding myself in (that very quickly led to my mech exploding!), though it's funny as I can get really frustrated at times in this game yet still love the experience ;)

Definitely spread the word if you can and get them to register here. Every non-AU game I'm in I always check the scoreboard for any noticeably high pings and occasionally ask via public chat the usual "Any aussies in here?"

- Valheru

Offline spiritwalken

• Bondsman
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 12:19:13 PM »
Looks like the Australian servers has disappeared :(

Offline Valheru

• Bondsman
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 09:44:56 PM »
Looks like the Australian servers has disappeared :(

They haven't just fallen into the bottom page have they? In case you're not aware, the server browser has an odd issue where it doesn't fill to the bottom of the visibile columns but there are more there than you can see if you just mouse wheel down over the list of servers and you'll see the second lot of them appear.

I saw the AU server only the night before last, strange for them to suddenly disappear unless the person hosting them felt not enough players are populating it regularly enough :/

- Valheru

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
You should all team up and get replanting that reef you lot killed  :-[