I bet You would, wouldn't ya?
All the while being right (spot on), You are missing a point, so You are wrong too
And for two things, let me explain:
1. Copy right/ authors permit - we need ask for each and there from we might only attempt import into CRY2
2. Plants need be further processed (weight painted) for proper implementation: the leaves to swing or whirl while the branches only bow a little, for the import to be any good, then we need make them destructible too.
IMO what's most probable for mappers:
1. huge corpses / skeletons of both trees and animals (so no "wind" problem, and no "destruction" problem at short term)
2. pick one maybe two plants that matter most and make them proper (weight painted) for inclusion maybe even destructible?
3. Scenery structures (yes city maps too) to be either on mappers disposal (here or?) or included in the shipped set as buildings
4. IMHO no buss stops (but metro stops and overhang magnet rails and moving roads (conveyor belt style)) for we are in 31st century
5. Powerman is good idea (not for game but an animated sequence comes to mind...)
6. Textures as lava rivers and mud slides and odd liquids (landfill map?) comes to mind...
I will try make the corpses as time permits...