Author Topic: Concept Art  (Read 105267 times)

Offline Moe479

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
Re: Concept Art
« Reply #390 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
i like to get my fingers into LightWave again are there pod and weapon meshes aviable anywhere?
Phenom II 1090T | GA-870A-UD3 | 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 | HD4890 1GB DDR5 | 2xSamsung HD103SJ 1 TB Spinpoint F3 @ Raid 1

Offline Shadouoni

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Four Legged Mechs
« Reply #391 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »
Have you guys ever thought about including four legged mechs like the Goliath? They weren't part of the mechwarrior video game series, but I read about them in the battle tech books. Here is an image of a Goliath. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/d/d3/3025_goliath.jpg

Offline Pentence

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-0
    • My deviant page
Re: Four Legged Mechs
« Reply #392 on: March 16, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »
Have you guys ever thought about including four legged mechs like the Goliath? They weren't part of the mechwarrior video game series, but I read about them in the battle tech books. Here is an image of a Goliath. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/d/d3/3025_goliath.jpg

Yes we have thought about it at length and short answer is no. Please use the search function if ya realy want to know something also as you can find most answers with a quick search.

With so few animators around and the fact that articulation of that many joints is a feat in engine as is we are likely to never do quads. Maybe in a far off future where 1.0 is out we MIGHT (like 5% chance at best there) for shits n giggles.

I for one personaly reaaaaly want them in too but we have alot on our plate as animators and asset creators as is. We are indeed though atempting to put in assets that have never seen the light of day ina video game based in the battletech universe as much as possible so expect MANY more surprises to come !
"the visionaries work goes unoted unto death"~

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
Re: Four Legged Mechs
« Reply #393 on: May 29, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »

another Dougram mecha
Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.' -- Lao Tzu

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #394 on: May 29, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »
But of course.
Half of the Unseen came from dougram.
And the ones from Dougram are allowed back now. I think.
Also, we want 4-legged LAMs! *runs for his life*
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #395 on: June 10, 2011, 05:06:18 AM »
Didn't realize there was a proper concept art thread- i'll get rid of mine after this- i just started putting my tablet to good use for the first time and this is what i came up with (tablet makes editor not boot so i don't get to use it much)

I've got about 50 of these pictures of concept art and fancy lettering that I'll be converting from scanned paper to some nifty photoshop work. I never even realized this stuff might some day come in handy- was mostly doodles in school that contributed to my failing grades...... i always knew drawing these pics was far more important than whatever the teachers had to offer....

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline Flyingdebris

• Bushy B is my homeboy
  • MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +135/-0
« Reply #396 on: June 17, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »
maybe you've seen my art, durr hurr hurr *shameless self promotion*

Wherever mechs are needed, I am there

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #397 on: August 01, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
maybe you've seen my art, durr hurr hurr *shameless self promotion*

I really love the fact that the art you've worked on for CBT I've seen is not only awesome, but harkens back to the older, classic TROs.  There was a really dark period for a while where every single cover was a massive cluster of 500 units shooting in every random direction and it was really bad looking, even though the drawings were good.

All the stuff I've seen of yours is clear enough I can clearly tell what's going on, and it's a reasonable situation that represents the game well.  So massive props for not just drawing talent, but art direction.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline Priest

• MWLL Contributor
  • Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
  • Good.. bad.. I'm the guy with the gun.
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2011, 05:43:58 AM »
Awesome stuff debris!!

I also perused the Dougram site.. and happen to stumble accross the Bigfoot (i.e. the Battlemaster).  And, this... nearly made me pee myself.

A suit??!!!???  For a mech.  It's a camo suit, btw, can't you tell??

OMGWTFLMAO. 

'nuff said.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »
In other words the beloved Battlemaster was once a Pantsyboi :o well until CBT ::)

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline ߧ Trooper_Thorn

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +30/-7
  • Galaxy Commander, Iota Galaxy, Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #400 on: August 17, 2011, 11:52:29 AM »
LOL Grem the all seeing all knowing Jedi master of all Japanese Cartoons and associated stuff.

Νέμεσις
"Let our enemies learn the true meaning of Nemesis!"

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #401 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
All battlemechs should wear tracksuits!

Offline Epona

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #402 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
I really love your stuff flying debris.

Offline kryobig

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
  • A dish best served cold.
« Reply #403 on: June 25, 2012, 09:37:09 PM »
Awesome stuff debris!!

I also perused the Dougram site.. and happen to stumble accross the Bigfoot (i.e. the Battlemaster).  And, this... nearly made me pee myself.

A suit??!!!???  For a mech.  It's a camo suit, btw, can't you tell??

OMGWTFLMAO. 

'nuff said.
In the anime the elite troops that used that mech stripped out all the armor from their machines to match the mobility of much more advanced dougram. Then they made that suit to cover up the fact that they had no armor at all.

Offline Byakko

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2012, 10:24:12 PM »
I modeled a Nova in Maya and here is the result

Also, I designed a 65 ton Nova MkII variant to replace the aging design. This is just conceptual and not canon battletech at all.

Prime Variant (center)
325XL engine
11.5t FF armor
6x cER MBL
2x cER PPC
5 jump jets
18 double heat sinks

A Config (right)
325XL engine
11.5t FF armor
2x cER MBL
1x cER LBL
1x cUAC/5 + 3t ammo
1x ATM6 + 2t ammo
4 jump jets
15 double heat sinks

B Config (left)
280XL engine
11t FF armor
2x ATM12 + 6t ammo
4x cER MBL
1x LAMS
18 double heat sinks

These numbers should all add up to make this a viable mech in tabletop per standard rules. I might be off a small bit though so anyone is welcome to point out changes that would need to be made on this.
Again this is not canon and should be taken with a grain of salt. Hope you all enjoy!