Author Topic: Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone/MPlayer People?  (Read 45675 times)

Offline ZulMech

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone/MPlayer People?
« on: August 30, 2008, 11:01:41 AM »
Just curious if anyone here played Mechwarrior 2 competitively on mplayer. At least I believe it was mplayer, its been a lot of years.
I was a member of Clan Phoenix, name was ZulMech. It was my first online game and probably still my favorite. It was also my first introduction to lag, one could only actually aim at another mech if it was either running straight at you, away, or walking backwards. Otherwise, one would have to find the sweet spot which was usually around a second ahead of the other mech. So every shot would appear to be missing on both players screens, but yet would be tearing the mech up. Good times, took some skill, especially with the awesome jumpjet system of Mech 2, with 6 keys dedicated to them.

We had scheduled clan battles, official ranking systems, training sessions, everything. Every rank in the clan corresponded with a mech weight, so for example, lower ranking members could only drive the corresponding light mechs. When a higher rank opened in the guild, two lower ranks would fight it out for the next rank, the first to 5 kills won.

Good players were known and respected within all the clans. Anyway, those were my glory days of online gaming, just thought I'd share and maybe find a few people who used to play there as well.

Some old names I remember: Clearlight, Universe, Luckshire, Schwin, Valor, Kitfox(RIP), Joboo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:06:30 AM by Landros Radick »

Offline Frantic

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Re: Did anyone here play Mech 2 on Mplayer back in the day?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »
Yes! It was also my first online game. I went by Frantic (Still do  8)) I was in Clan Jade Falcon. I remember fighting against your clan all the time!

Oh.. and first post btw...hello all :)

Offline MaximusPayne

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
  • It's true, I'm the original.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 02:43:22 AM »
Sure do. Mw2 on Mplayer was my first introduction to organized clan matches.  I remember my first solo win against Mottdahoop from Clan Jade Wolf.  I was recruited in Silent Dragons by Sabrina, the best female player in the league.  It made such an impact in my gaming career, I helped expand the clan into other games ( all the mw games, counter-strike, wow, guild wars ) and remain semi-active today in Guild Wars. Its hard to believe that was a decade ago. The last few remain mechwarriors in the clan are really looking forward to MWLL so we can relive the glory days again.

SD was one the biggest clans on Mplayer so I'm hoping I'll bump into a few of my former clansmen here.

Offline TheRhino

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »
I did play in the old ADL league under the banner of Clan Smoke Jaguar, I believe we played it through Kali, lot of fun.
You can run but, you will only DIE tired!

Offline xCav8r

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:07:20 PM »
MPlayer!  Now that's a blast to the 14.4 modem past.  I hadn't discovered 'Mech back then.  Spent all my time playing the original Quake on MPlayer before I found out about QuakeSpy or QSpy or whatever the precursor to GameSpy was called back then.  What about MechCommander on MPlayer?  Any of ya'll do that?

Offline Masakari

• I wont forgot to brung it next time :downs:
  • MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +35/-1
  • Better safe than sorry.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:26:04 PM »
I tried to do MC, but was to young and stupid to figure it out.

How i play this is it just for making it or playing and making it

Sherrell's legs...

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »
I tried to do MC, but was to young and stupid to figure it out.

You say that like it wasn't yesterday..
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:48:45 PM by Landros Radick »

Offline Mao

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 06:37:34 AM »
Hi hi,

Yep, I played on Mpig too... I was in HR & then DR as Mao in HR & Feelgood in DR.... I am still in touch with HR Sonofa, CP Alien, CP Coolcat, HR Tugnut & Luckshire is my wife... Good times...

Peace

Mao

Offline Tofar

• Bondsman
Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone People?
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 02:35:30 AM »
Rumor has it that there may be some "old" MW2 pilots from TKZ around here. I sure would like to hear from them if they are here.

I do see a few names that look familiar, but are they the same pilots?

Khan Tofar
Nite Wing
Clan Mongoose
TKZ
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 03:02:02 AM by Tofar »

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
Re: Rumor has it.........
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 03:14:05 AM »
<WC>DarkWolf*Radick
Khan, saKhan, Galaxy Commander, Star Colonel.. etc, held them all...
Wolf Clan
TKZ and MechReg

Your name looks familiar enough.. :)

Offline Karyudo

• Bondsman
  • Sword Sworn
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 01:38:53 AM »
Interesting, I remember you, but I went by Teron for MW2. Although I honestly really don't remember very many of those names at all myself.

Believing is seeing...

Offline AlieNPhelan

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:52 AM »
SUp...

<WC>Phelan*Kell
<WC>PPatrick*Kell
Khan, saKhan, Loremaster, Mechwarrior, held a bunch as well and started <WX>
Wolf Clan and Wolf Clain in Exile
GC, TKZ and MechReg

Offline Eladamri

• Bondsman
Anyone from Kali MW2 DOS Grand Council league?
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've had Crysis for a while, but I haven't played too much because I've been busy..howevever I became really excited when I heard about the potential for this game.  I was just hoping that there'd be some people who used to play in the Grand Council league off of Kali back in the day.  I also played mechwarrior3 and some 4, but I'm not quite sure what league it was.  I think some was in the NBT league.

I played mainly in Steel Viper back in the day..originally the Khan was Swampie, other leaders included Punkrasta, Steelfist, my neighbor Splicer...etc

Same league also had an active HH, JF, Orgasmatron from FM, Verdic from SR, Blondi in NC.

I also played in FWLM, with Marte, Cyberkut, some others..

Edit -  I was also in House Jurai for a while.

Anyhow, sorry if this is random for a lot of you who may have browsed this.  I'd really like to hear from any of you on these forums, (or anyone who knows the people I'm talking about).  I'll be looking for a group of some sorts when the time comes, thanks.

I'd love to hear from ya if you were around during that time period!
AIM - PBrooks284
msn  - purdue007@hotmail.com
paulbrooks@gmail.com

Thank you for your time
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:56:42 AM by Eladamri »

Offline Luger

• Recruit
Re: Anyone from Kali MW2 DOS Grand Council league?
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 05:51:23 AM »
I am from the GC league.  CyberWolf is too.  I'll get in touch with Cyber asap so he can reply.
Luger *Gore*

Offline Skydance

• MechWarrior
    • Ben K's Gallery
Re: Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone People?
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 08:10:56 AM »
Wasn't playing Mechwarrior while I was on Kali, but I do recognise the names of those FWL guys. I haven't seen Marte in ages, but Cyberkut should still be in FWL in NBT-HC. Axen posted a thread for them in the recruiting section.

You should be able to find them through the Netbattletech HC unit listing. House Jurai is still up as well, and should have a website.