Author Topic: Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone/MPlayer People?  (Read 48683 times)

Offline mcQueen

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Old NetMech/Kali/PPP/Zone/MPlayer People?
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
I started with Solaris VII on AOL as the RXO of the 22th Skye Rangers (i just found our site beeing still alive http://www.22sr.de/) lol that was so long ago and I still remember how damn bad the graphic was but we had a hell of fun. after solaris VII was shut down we switched over to mpbt 3025 which was actually quite decent with a great planetary capturing system and i loved the trebuchet you could play there. but it was shut down very quick because of some license stuff i think.. anybody knows if its still alive?

then i switched to MW and played some zone matches while experiencing roger wilco ^^ (i remember everyone was pikcing that thanatos... dont know why tbh when i look at MW nowadays) but it never was that much fun like the "old" games. so i sticked to the btc books (never touch DA! ^^) and builded up some table top army ... ok its more like a squadron or a lance or something  :P

seeing this mod now realy get me exciting and i love to see all this work put in to my favorite storys... keep going and praise the old days ^^

Offline WhiteFeather

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
    • MekTek
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »

I played MW2: Mercs online through Kali and Mercs PPP.   Always been WhiteFeather other than occasionally as FireEye on PPP.

Played in NBT with Smoke Jaguar (hey Rhino) as well as a few other leagues.  Man, I miss that game.  Also played in MIGZ with KE.  Titanium with Jade Falcon.
WhiteFeather of the Moon

Offline LoneTurtle

• Bondsman
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 12:45:02 AM »
I played back on Kali,   Was in the ADL league and a few others,  Same call Sign "LoneTurtle"
    Clan Nova Cats,  then Khan of Clan Cloud Cobra, then finally with a Merc Group Bloodhand.

Offline BHShaman

• Bondsman
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 12:51:12 AM »

Offline Landros Radick

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +10/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »
Ah yeah.. NAIS.. I remember when ADL 3050 started and I was Khan of WX, Fenris Wolf put a small team together to build a crap ton of mechs with all the building blocks from NAIS... that was awesome.. Loved the Prime version of the Grendel even though it was disarmed easily..

Offline GBACKACK

• Bondsman
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 04:26:01 AM »
Yep I use to play on Mplay as Both GB-Ack-Ack and KV-SirLancealot

Offline (TLL)BlueOrb

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 03:43:22 PM »
Hello to all my old friends from GC Netmech/Kali.

“The wise man lets many things pass without being duped.”

Offline StormWarden

• Bondsman
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »
Is it not ironic that most of the posters on here are new to the forum? There has been a long and faithful following to this game. There was a review of Battletech (boardgame) in the 80's that said it would never become popular and it would certainly never have a cult following! Good to see so many of the faithful chiming in.

Offline (TLL)Calistarius

• MechWarrior
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
I wish that I had gotten deeper into the BT IP 12 years ago, after having seen the BT animated show. Wish that I had found the BT miniature game, MW pen and paper rpg, MW+MC pc games, much earlier then I did. I did not find the pc games until about 99 (when MW3 came out), and it was not until about 00-01 that I found first the MW pnp rpg, and then the BT miniature game.

On top of that my friends where not that interested in this IP, and by this time our gamer group had slowly started to play less and less already. So convincing them to try out this "random" thing I found was impossible. Never had a computer that could even handle MW2 until 2003. Which is really very laughable, since the requirements for MW2 are not that high. XD Not to mention that it was not until Dec 2002 that I got my hands on internet at home. :P

So I never got to feel the "glory days" of all of these things. I really feel like I missed out on a lot of fun times. Hopefully I might be able to instead join a new "golden age of BattleTech" with MWLL. :)

Offline StormWarden

• Bondsman
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 08:05:55 PM »
MW2 Mercs was really was a community thing. We had an all Alaskan unit "The StormWeavers", from many different towns (and villiages) we got together every sunday night and duked it out on ADL and FWL. Once in a while we would all gather in Anchorage to have dinner together. Calistarius, I think you would have enjoyed being part of BT from the beginning. I have.

Offline LoneTurtle

• Bondsman
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »
I want to know if anyone still has LedMirage's UIN or can get hold of him.. I bet he would be tickled to see this happening.

Offline (TLL)Calistarius

• MechWarrior
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 09:01:33 PM »
Calistarius, I think you would have enjoyed being part of BT from the beginning. I have.
I can't more then agree 100%.

I really love/loved playing the tabletop's for the Warhammer games, (last game for me was probably around 5-6 years ago). Which are 2 of the best IP's ever created (together with IP's like BT, Fallout and Final Fantasy). We also played alot of normal PnP rpg's (we never liked D&D though, we prefered the Swedish PnP rpg's that we had... DoD and EON ftw! :D), more so then tabletop's. So when I found the MW rpg I knew I wanted to play it. And then running into BT... I felt like I had struck gold. I was at Sweden's oldest rpg convention, Gothcon, when I ran into a German couple. They where going to GM MW and BT, and I instantly jumped on the chans. Unfortunatly that was my only encounter with getting to play both BT and MW. And I only own the 3rd ed rules for MW.

I can't say that I have ever liked the whole multiplayer thing, I still don't. But, if I had had the computer for it back then, there could have been "exeptions to the rule", MW totaly being one of them. I have actualy still not played anything at all with MW/MC in multiplayer though, mainly because of my extream dislike (read hate) of anything multiplayer and PvP. :P Very hard to get past 18 years of compleatly disliking anything that has to do with multiplayer or PvP. Luckaly, around about February this year I got into the WAR beta, and got to try it's RvR, which is so far the only PvP like thing I have ever liked. Which have soften me a little to the whole multiplayer and PvP thing... if it is the right IP. Which is why I am looking forward to one day play MWLL. :)

Sorry... this whole post is off topic really... *shuts up for now* :D

Offline CyberCarns

• Bondsman
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
Hailz,

Was on mplayer in Clan Jade Wolf. same name as my name here.

Offline DeathDraw

• Bondsman
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 09:32:10 PM »
Hey Guys!  Glad to see there's still lots of the Old School MW2ers here.  I used to play on Mplayer Mw2 IN Konad's Bulldog  (KB-Deathdraw2000; KB-Deathdraw).  Used to war alot with konad and Maddermax1.   I hope this MWLL will be as fun as MW2.  BTW Lag shooting on Netzero 28k was the shit

Offline WestMan

• Bondsman
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
konad was a heatbugger