Author Topic: Archer Christifori  (Read 6556 times)

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • aka FreebirthScum
Archer Christifori
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:05:54 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to him after Operation Audacity?  I've been trying to find out where he and his Avengers did after the book, and I don't buy that "He and his forces have disappeared" BS.

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
Re: Archer Christifori
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »
I haven't read the book you are referring to, but it seems to me that he could have been killed at some point.  This is especially true against the huge number of heavy Clan weapons that can instantly take the head off a 'Mech and kill the pilot.  This is all speculation of course, but if they dropped him from the universe after that book it is possible that he was killed at some point.

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:33:00 AM »
That's the thing though: he was alive after the Jade Falcon advance stopped, and General Adam Steiner said he had no desire to fight, and allowed him time to refit before departing.  And if a Lyran unit killed him, or even Loki, you bet Katrina and her aunt would've known about it.  But, as I said, they say he and his Avengers have disappeared.  And considering he wanted to be there when the axe fell on Katherine, you wouldn't think he'd go AWOL.

At the very least, if there's no official answer, then hopefully the new books will answer that.  IMO, the Jihad would be kick ass if Archer personally kicked the WOB in the ass.

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 12:57:51 AM »
There'S no mentioning of him being dead either.
He just drops from the surface of the inner sphere.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Archer6046

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 03:48:47 AM »
Blaine Lee Pardoe wrote a short story called "The Longest Road", which takes place between the end of Operation Audacity and the end of the FedCom civil war. I read it in The Corps, which is a compilation of short stories from the Battlecorps website.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »
ok, i got that book for a buddy of mine, as a gift for his birthday.
have not read it myself yet.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Hellfire

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to him after Operation Audacity?  I've been trying to find out where he and his Avengers did after the book, and I don't buy that "He and his forces have disappeared" BS.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/forumarchive/index.php/topic,2547.0.html

This says he's MIA on Baker III and only 50% of the unit made it off world after the Jade Falcons ripped them to pieces.

Offline Archer6046

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 05:16:51 AM »
This says he's MIA on Baker III and only 50% of the unit made it off world after the Jade Falcons ripped them to pieces.

Well darn, that just ruined my whole weekend. I even broke out my copy of Hot Spots with the hopes that it was all just a lie.  :'(

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 06:47:46 AM »

So he's either dead, or he became a bondsman which opens up possibilities down the line for more stories.

Offline (TLL)FredrickTech

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 03:58:10 AM »
In "The Corps" BattleCorps anthology, it turns out that Archer is in the end of the FedCom Civil War.  Long story short, Katya Chaffee manages to get back in a 'Mech, and plays as a decoy for Archer, who seriously turns up the badassitude.  He personally brings Katherine Steiner out of her hidey-hole in handcuffs and manacles, and she is her typical batshit insane self.
A kuku, Nastepny komornik !!!

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 10:59:13 PM »
 :o

:)      :D      ;D

You literally just made my day FredrickTech!  Now off to buy that anthology!

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 05:57:18 PM »
I love how any question put on this site is not only discussed and answered but we find what book its from too!  talk about dedication ;D

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 11:19:04 PM »
Try over on the official CBT Forums, that's even better in this regard most of the time.
Same seems to be the case with the dumpshock shadowrun board.
The best sources for all kinds of stuff are communites like this one.
Win7Ultimate64

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 11:48:57 PM »
All this sounds really interesting, what book were you refering? I need a good read right about now :)
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »
Whom do you mean?
Him who posted about him arresting her?
That happened in "THE CORPS". It's not really a Novel, but an Anthology with several short stories.
Win7Ultimate64