Author Topic: Archer Christifori  (Read 6550 times)

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
Re: Archer Christifori
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 05:07:08 AM »
No Kilo's original post with Operation Audacity and whatnot.
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 09:16:33 PM »
Operation Audacity is the name of the book.

But if you want to read it, I highly recommend reading Measure of a Hero and Call of Duty first.  Both feature Archer Christifori and lead up to Operation Audacity.  Plus Measure of a Hero is easily the best of the three IMHO.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 09:23:32 PM by KiloEcho »

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
Nice, thanks. Too bad i don't recognize any of those books from my dad's old stash :-[
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Christifori bugged the crap out of us by taking worlds that were really not all that defended after CJF had to reallocate forces to deal with the treacherous Wolves, then we caught and killed his battalion at Bone Norman. However it is unknown if he died in the fighting or was taken as bondsmen, either way he's either polishing mech in heaven, or on heaven now.
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
Don't forget Archer was shot out from under his mech and on death's door twice: once by Smoke Jaguars on Huntress and then by LAAF headhunters on New Avalon.  And let's not forget he survived an assassination attempt by a Hunchback, while on foot.  So what's a little skirmish with Jade Falcons to him?

[non-canon]Let's face it, Archer Christifori is invincible![/non-canon]

He's probably on your homeworld, peeing in you gene pool  8)

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »
Don't forget Archer was shot out from under his mech and on death's door twice: once by Smoke Jaguars on Huntress and then by LAAF headhunters on New Avalon.  And let's not forget he survived an assassination attempt by a Hunchback, while on foot.  So what's a little skirmish with Jade Falcons to him?

[non-canon]Let's face it, Archer Christifori is invincible![/non-canon]

He's probably on your homeworld, peeing in you gene pool  8)

[Arrogant Jade Falcon mode engaged] Well, the reason he escaped is because he was facing the Jaguars, not the Falcons, but you may be right about the gene pool thing, only he is skimming leaves out of it. [AJM Disabled]

It is really too bad the battletech universe just tapers off with no resolution. There is Dark Age there but that is someone else's fanfiction of an interpretation designed to sell overpriced plastic miniatures. I would love to have found out how all the clan and IS heroes turned out, and did we ever get another crack at terra?
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 01:59:54 AM »
Well, a lot of them are getting caught by Word of Blake WMD's, and with the way things are going I expect at least the Bears to be dropping on Terra soon enough (although it will be working with IS forces).

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 07:37:42 PM »
Well, a lot of them are getting caught by Word of Blake WMD's, and with the way things are going I expect at least the Bears to be dropping on Terra soon enough (although it will be working with IS forces).

Euchhh!!  I hate that storyline, everything after the fed-com civil war is bubkis IMHO (In truth a lot of the fed-com civil war storyline was awful also).

The entire Jihad thing is dreadful, the WoB was semi-interesting but quickly (ridiculously) uber-munchkin fast,  if you accept that then logically you've got to go for the Dark-Ages BS too, so no thank you, I'll stick with canon.

I know you like the Care Bears Di but paalease! your screwing over the entire universe for the benefit of your favourite faction, the Levi IIs are just not worth that mate!

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 10:31:12 PM »
Most people stop after the fedcom civil war, since FASA stopped there. Everything else should probably be considered alternate universe.

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 01:28:43 AM »
Well, he did ask what happened, so I provided the answer.  Weather or not you like it does not change what has been published, and according to posts over on the CBT forums the Jihad was planned for a long time before we ever saw it, although it is making more of a mess than the original plan called for.

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »
Well, he did ask what happened, so I provided the answer.  Weather or not you like it does not change what has been published, and according to posts over on the CBT forums the Jihad was planned for a long time before we ever saw it, although it is making more of a mess than the original plan called for.

Fair point Di, but you could have pointed out where the official FASA storyline ended (hence my rant) ;).

Actually the Jihad storyline wouldn't be so bad if it was restrained to the Chaos March, a Terran Hedgemony revival if you will....but for the wobbies to go from 90% pacifist fractured schisms to 100% uber-toyama overnight and under everyones couch is just pathetic and turns a fantastic universe into a fairytale IMHO.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 11:49:36 PM »
Well, to be perfectly honest, WoB forces really are at a reasonable level considering the amount of territory in play, but the problem is that everyone else with the exception of the Star League has absurdly small militaries so the WoB forces are ridiculously overblown in comparison.  However, I do agree with you that a more reasonably sized WoB Jihad would have been interesting if it was confined to normal BT unit sizes in the Chaos March and maybe a little bit in the edge of the FWL because of their ties, and the result would have been a playable faction with the realistic shades of gray that make the universe so interesting.  It would also have created some interesting dynamics in what is left of ComStar as they scramble to survive without their stronghold on Terra.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 11:51:52 PM »
I've read some of the dark age background and to me that it's only because of a Clan war back at the Pentagon and Clan home world that stopped the clans from starting the invasion again.

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »
No, the invasion was broken by the annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar by operations bulldog and serpent which also ended the framework that the invasion was built on.  The only Clans left with any position or desire to take the fight further would have been the Jade Falcons and newly crusader Wolves, and Ulric Kerensky finished that by setting up the Clans to gut each other in the great refusal.

We do however know of something big is going on back in the home worlds, but we have yet to get more than slight dribbles of information so we really know nothing about them right now.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »
No, the invasion was broken by the annihilation of Clan Smoke Jaguar by operations bulldog and serpent which also ended the framework that the invasion was built on.  The only Clans left with any position or desire to take the fight further would have been the Jade Falcons and newly crusader Wolves, and Ulric Kerensky finished that by setting up the Clans to gut each other in the great refusal.

First let me respond to this by saying SMOKE JAGUAR SHALL RISE AGAIN

Next let me respond to this...

We do however know of something big is going on back in the home worlds, but we have yet to get more than slight dribbles of information so we really know nothing about them right now.

...by saying that, this is any interesting path of inquiry, how do we know this and what books should I be reading.

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/