Author Topic: Archer Christifori  (Read 6549 times)

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Archer Christifori
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »
From what I have gathered, something called the war of reaving happened in the homeworlds sometime during or after the Jihad that greatly reduced the number of Clans still there, but all we have to go on so far are little remarks and offhand comments in some of the newer novels and sourcebooks.  I suspect it will be the next major section of the plot after the Jihad, so we will probably have to wait for that to end before we get anything concrete.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:59 AM »
From the gleanings i've read, the beginning of the home clan conflicts starts with those clans trying to snap up former SJ worlds after the trial.  Then escalated when clan GB decided to fully relocate to the inner sphere, I don't remember exactly but I think they gave some worlds to some clans and gifts but those clans didn't have enough resources to hold them when challenged or something.

Long story short, with SJ, GB and NC clans form holdings in the clan cluster / pentagon world created a vacuum that the other home clans started to fight over.

Offline Diablo48

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2009, 06:51:11 AM »
I do know that this was the case to some extent, although I think those conflicts had mostly blown over by the time of the Jihad.  The impression I got was that it was more WoB troublemakers that kicked it off or escalated something, but there is really no good information to say for sure.