Author Topic: All aboard the BA Battlebus!  (Read 6521 times)

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: All aboard the BA Battlebus!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
Only thing to C&C right now is (no not the chosen colour :P thou its a little hard to see any details with that colour) to make the legs much more solid (thick). On the Head make it a little round on the edges as well as on the arms. And perhaps in future renderings make a side/front/perspective view for a better inspection of your splendid work. Keep up the steam. The īmoth is coming along fine.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
@Ghost, thanks for that

@Kit, I think your right as the wife has crit'd the legs already :) (they're longer on the TRO and a little thicker so I think your both right on the button there), ditto for the arms and the rounding of the torso in general.  I'm going to have to look for a plain plastic colour, like Sly Assassin is using on his Blood Asp as the shine from the metallic surfaces does make it hard to see things properly.

Will do some more work on it later this week as I have spent my spare time today doing the Procedural Animation and Scripting Tutorials from the Caligari website, and as a result my brain has turned to mush, a few more days of doing that stuff and I'll gladly sink back into modeling just to stay sane :)

Also I've taken your earlier advice about making the model watertight, and I need to redo the hands as they're my first attempt and when I screwed up and had to rebuild the pinky I'm sure I messed up the mesh, but once I've done that I'll put some new details on to bring it up to 10k polys (there's a lot of unnecessary polys I can merge to get more detailing on) and post up some front, side, rear and perspectives.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
Taking a short break from learning about rigging, so here's a pic of some views of the latest work I've done on my Low-Poly Firemoth, the legs are a little bit more beefy than before, the Hip guard no-longer interferes with the free movement of the legs and the mesh has been cleaned up a lot (the entire lower half of the 'mech is 425K so I'm happy with that right now).

For some reason my model view window has stopped functioning completely so these are screen prints from the Player view.

EDIT:  Woot! 500 posts, Gawd I can spam!  8)

*" border="0

Pecuniam non olet

Offline Gnarlycharly

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • You can always go a little harder.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 08:32:33 PM »
EDIT:  Woot! 500 posts, Gawd I can spam!  8)
503 posts. :P
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:34:24 PM by Gnarlycharly »
"You must never give into despair.  Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. 
In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself.  That is the meaning of inner-strength."

Offline Sly Assassin

• Recruit
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
Looking great so far, the change in materials on the mech is also a good improvement!

Offline Spartacus

• MechWarrior
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43:35 AM »
Heretic!

I'm sorry to bump this after a couple months, but OMG....you are MY HERO!

Ignore those drezga who say the Dasher is not worthy. The Dasher is the ultimate runner in CTF. Please continue your work, I will be your strongest lobby for inclusion, especially after I get the CTF code written. It's gonna be written for Crysis, as MWLL can't focus any attention on inclusion of another gametype - certainly an appropriate choice for first release.

Now for your next project - how about the Osiris?  :)

Hey did you look around for Dasher meshes before you started? Or just built that puppy from scratch?

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 01:33:51 AM »
Heretic!

I'm sorry to bump this after a couple months, but OMG....you are MY HERO!

Ignore those drezga who say the Dasher is not worthy. The Dasher is the ultimate runner in CTF. Please continue your work, I will be your strongest lobby for inclusion, especially after I get the CTF code written. It's gonna be written for Crysis, as MWLL can't focus any attention on inclusion of another gametype - certainly an appropriate choice for first release.

Now for your next project - how about the Osiris?  :)

Hey did you look around for Dasher meshes before you started? Or just built that puppy from scratch?

Hail Spartacus!

Thanks for the support!  RL has got in the way these last few weeks and I've switched across to 3DSMax, and learning it went on the back-burner for a couple of weeks, but I'm back working on a new Firemoth/Dasher, much better than my last one, if-I-say-so-myself, and should have something to show you by the end of the week (was only going to post it on the TLL Forums, but I'll update this thread too so you can see it), I'm hoping I can get it coloured and textured by some of our professionals at TLL  8)

The mesh is from the TRO only (I really don't like the ones done by other people that I've seen so far TB-Brutally-H).  The Firemoth / Dasher is just one of my favourite anachronisms (a clan 'mech with zero armour and only a fgew small weapons and ALL speed! :woot: ).

Like you I believe it would be an asset in MW:LL (mainly as a 1st 'mech, BA transport, ride in fast drop them off, eject when crippled and join-in the fun :) )  so if I can get some of our TLL artists to colour in the dots we could start a petition!

My next 'mech......hmmmm....I could do my Stiletto into 3DSMax and do an IS equivalent Battlebus (although it's slower than the Clan machine, but that seems fair).....However I've got the itch to do a Sagittaire next: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Image:Sagittaire.gif  As there's nothing in MW:LL IS Assault flavour that is built around jumping & DFA,  ......I think those assorted Pulse Lasers would be very handy against all sorts of targets, and the chassis looks like it would fit nicely into MW:LL modular weapons system.  My apologies to all the Highlander fans, including our own TLL_Highlander - sorry bro- but we've seen the Highlander in a LOT of MW/MC games, but I've only ever seen the Sag on TRO covers!.

If I get the Firemoth, Stiletto, Sagittaire and Turkina done by the start of Autumn I'll start on a Highlander (and then an Executioner for the Clans), but I've also got a need to do some medium and Heavy machines too (maybe even try a Tank or too :)  As for the Osiris, yes would like to see it with the Anubis and the Sha Yu and Lao Hu (and the Urbie) as part of a Capellan 'mech pack,  but then we're talking about individual House/Clan units 'mech packs, which would be awesome but require a LOT of co-ordination from the community!

Pecuniam non olet

Offline Spartacus

• MechWarrior
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 11:56:41 PM »
Hey, can you do the Highlander? How does that IP work anyway - any issues with the Dasher? I was just asking about the Highlander because it is part of Microsoft's Expansion Packs, which are collector's items, rather than freeware/abandonware as they should be.

Hmm. I guess you can create anything you want, the question would be could it be included in the game and released? Even if it's free?

Offline Valaska

• MechWarrior
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 04:27:08 AM »
 lol wow I LOVE the Fire Moth, its not a Dasher its a Fire Moth peeps >.> lol. Amazingly fast and an annoying jerk on the field, things can bring down an archer no problem, trust me I've made this happen a few times lol. Great for BA too, like he said.

Oh and good to see you finishing up the legs! Its one of the most interestingly designed battlemechs out there. I'd like to see a Lobo or Stooping Hawk in 3D though =/.
"No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings" Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »
:Woot: 600 Posts!!! :Woot:

Well I've still got the arms, weapons and the 5 BA Hand-Grips to do (as well as get it textured, UV mapped etc.  but I thought I'd post up the 3DSMax Firemoth I've been working on :)

*" border="0

@Spartacus, as far as I'm aware the Devs can use any 'mech from any of the official CBT franchises for MW:LL, and they've already got some of the "Unseen" 'mechs (Marauder and Warhammer) that already have a very grey legal status, so I can't see that as much of a problem TBH.  But as far as the Highlander goes, it was in MW2:Mercs so I'd say it's pretty safe.

Pecuniam non olet

Offline Valaska

• MechWarrior
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2009, 07:20:32 AM »
 Wow! That sure is lookin purdy! I'd say thsi should get thrown in last minute as a treat for us Clanners being amazing =P
"No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings" Marriage of Heaven and Hell

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »
Hey, can you do the Highlander? How does that IP work anyway - any issues with the Dasher? I was just asking about the Highlander because it is part of Microsoft's Expansion Packs, which are collector's items, rather than freeware/abandonware as they should be.

Hmm. I guess you can create anything you want, the question would be could it be included in the game and released? Even if it's free?

YES! Please do i would pay money, or rocks, or whatever you want! There is such a lack of anything highlanderish out there... :'(

Anyways, great work on the Firemoth, i always use to read about it in the TROs when i was like 8. Same TROs i discovered the highlander and stone rhino. I always liked it for it's strange over head arms and crazy speed.
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-1
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »
speed is my best friend, i love this thing ;D keep up the great work heretic!

Offline Spartacus

• MechWarrior
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 04:20:07 AM »
Ah no...the Highlander is part of the Microsoft Clan Expansion Pack...it was not part of MW4 Mercs per se. The expansion pack is still for sale on Amazon and E-bay...although no longer produced. It's a collector's item - usually 60-80 bucks (per pack) is the going price. What makes this really suck is that the disc copy protection does NOT work with Vista 64 (which I have) and so the Expansion Packs are not available for those such as me. So I really would like someone to code the Highlander, CB, Dragon, etc, into this game. I just am clueless as to whether Bill Gates (or his surrogate attorneys) will get his pink panties in wad.

Now, the (slightly but subtly different, hint hint) Highlander IIC or some such...might be just fine. From what I've heard, one just has to make a few changes here and there to make it original.

I really have no clue about all this. Since you're not making it for a profit, it a. shouldn't matter and b. who freaking cares about Bill Gates? If he really wanted to do something with this tech he wouldn't have dropped the ball 5 years ago when it was time for MW5.

So roll on. :)

~S~
Spart

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 04:24:17 AM »
the Highlander is part of the Microsoft Clan Expansion Pack...

I um think you got your factions mixed up  :)
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000