Author Topic: BattleTech History: Mechs vs BA / Elemental  (Read 26276 times)

Offline KerenskyIsMyHomeboy

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
  • Here's to you, Pappa Bear.
Re: BattleTech History: Mechs vs BA / Elemental
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
Just hit them with this!

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
-If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
Oh if only actuators worked in a mech game. Oh how much kicking I would do. I would be like the Black Knight of monty python. Kicking at my foe once my arms were gone.
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »
Oh if only actuators worked in a mech game. Oh how much kicking I would do. I would be like the Black Knight of monty python. Kicking at my foe once my arms were gone.

Of course, as a clanner you'd be in trouble with any physical attack as it's frowned on as dishonourable by you guys.... hence the reason most every Clan omnimech has weapons pods instead of battlespikes like the old Awesome had.

Of the top of my head the only reason that some omnis had hands at all was to pick stuff up and run away, or help loading/unloading stuff.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2011, 02:11:22 AM »
During the Viet Nam war, I know the favored tactic used by Tankers (in M48s) to remove a swarm of VC was to get on the platoon freq and say "Scratch my back". 7.62mm and .50 cal were useful, I heard, in clearing the top of a tank off.
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2011, 02:18:54 AM »
I landed my Uzi on a BA trying to anklebite me by using a small burst of JJ a few days ago

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2011, 03:34:38 AM »
The thread necro is stroooooong with this one  ;D

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
Sadly nowhere in BattleTech does a pilot mutter "You're fired" before blasting an Arrow IV off that an elemental happened to be clamoring over.

Victor Davion Steiner's tactics... Get Challenged to a dual but be in a Dire Wolf so this works, have him take his armor off, get out of the mech with a Katana, jump down, refuse the fight, make the Elemental go crazy with realization of his wrong doings and such leading an entire clan to its demise, and then have the guy run up to attack you, and promptly hack his head off.

Everyone should know the reference! ;)

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  Was this before or after in the novels that Katrina apparently wanted to have a genetic incest test tube baby with her brother?  Because yeahhhhhhhhhh... I sorta stopped before things got that bad.  I didn't think they could get worse.  I was wrong.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
That was before.
The Incest Genetube Baby was in Dark Age. The Scene above was in the very last Book of the Clan Jaguar Wipeout.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Gremlich

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +42/-1
    • Clan Blood Spirit
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2011, 02:06:12 AM »
Fortunately I'm a tank person, running them over is a pleasant feeling. It's like opening up the first present on Christmas day...and watching it's intestines spring load out of the gift...

BA/infantry = road wheel grease

(That's why I never slept on the ground during maneuvers in Germany)
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you; but of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'” -- Lao Tzu