Author Topic: Any former DDM members out there?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Tane00

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Any former DDM members out there?
« on: April 22, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »
checkin to see if any DDM members are checkin up on this and waitin for it to pop. hopefully itll be like old times again

Cowking

Re: Any former DDM members out there?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
DDM? just curious to what that is?

Offline EvilChilde

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 03:34:08 AM »
Death Dealer Mercenaries? Maybe?

Offline Spartacus

• MechWarrior
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:53:26 AM »
Heard of em. Played in MWL at one time. I think I posted a link with all the units that had played at MWL...

Yep found it. DDM played almost 100 matches in MWL.

Their site is still up...http://www.deathdealermercenaries.com/home/portal.php

memories...

Wow...SJ ever played DDM once in 3v3. (we lost, but not by much). Back in 2005. Good times, I'm sure.
1  Tumbleweed Death Dealer Mercenaries / 11593     Smoke Jaguars / 9574
2  Lakefront     Death Dealer Mercenaries / 11022     Smoke Jaguars / 9234

Offline Tane00

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
never played in MWL, i played in DDM back in the day when the unit boasted 120+ members and we had BZ league locked down for over a year. but yes, its Death Dealer Mercs. one of the best units to have ever graced MW4, and some of the best people ive ever met while gaming online.

Offline Mordhaus

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:47:23 AM »
I remember when I first started playing online, ddm was the team to beat. I joined savages as loki(what a joke) and then bounced around for a while, ended up in SA(after they were STFU - steel tiger freedom underground LOL) with maverick and..crap, cant remember anybody else's name. They always used to change them so they could get matches. I think mav was in DDM. I know a few of the SA's were in ddm at one point.

Offline Tane00

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »
SA started with a few of DDM's best players, Mav wanted somethin else. but no matter what it was some of the best gaming experiences of my life, and i still play with a few of the guys on other games

Offline Hulk

• Bondsman
  • Mechs... More Metal to crush!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 05:07:26 AM »
Sup Tane..DDM Patton here....but i only been there a few months in the old days  of Dragon, Sal Dakota..

I love the sound of crushed metal under my feet!

Offline Salvatoris

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:38:31 AM »
I'm here, Tane.  Good to see you around.  You too Patton, I see you are back to Hulk. :)   

I know Dragonlord plays MWLL, and a few other have the game but aren't really active.  I spend way more time working on the game than playing it.  There aren't a ton of use left, but we are still lurking around.  Most of the guys still in the unit are 9-10 year vets.  In a few weeks we are having DDMCON 10 in Texas.  I'm hoping to be able to bring a few more of the guys to MWLL while they are here.  We are still at www.DeathDealerMercenaries.com if any of you former members or old friends want to stop by and say hi some time.

Yes, Mav was in DDM for a year or so before he left to start his own team.  Crim and Kami were both in DDM back in the day as well.  Kami was a lueage workhorse and Crim made the flash content for our original site... I think most of the really old-school mechwarriors were either on our roster or played against us in league play at some point.  We are still officially in MWL, but not active in any ladders.  Our heyday was back in the StarLance and BattleZone league era, in the end of Mech3 and the first few years of mech4.  Here's a little screenshot from about a decade ago.  You guys might see some names you recognize on there.

Offline Dragonlord

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-4
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:07:34 AM »
Poking around the forums, I stumbled across this thread.
And I felt I had to drop a line myself here.
As Sal says I play MWLL, I play on a daily basis whenever I feel like.
I hope you get some more of the gang in on the game Sal, would be fun to play with some of them again.
Corsair HX 850W PSU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3           AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six Core, 3,3GHZ/3,7GHz Turbo
Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 120GB                  Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX "Phantom"
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro                     Logitech Z906 THX Certified Speaker System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Offline SirWilmFred

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 08:15:38 PM »
I believe I was in DDM for a time!  I see my name on that list lol.